Author Topic: February is CURT HENNIG MONTH:  (Read 73152 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Mr. Perfect
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »
Absolutely.
Shop around - the DVD has been out for a couple of years now.
I picked it up on sale back around March.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 07:23:59 AM »
Absolutely.
Shop around - the DVD has been out for a couple of years now.
I picked it up on sale back around March.

Ya, I gotta grab it. I just bought the Hart & Soul DVD. Its pretty good. Good stuff on the whole Hart Family + Davey Boy Smith & Brian Pillman. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »
What kind of/how much stuff did they do on Davey?

I keep waiting for a Bulldogs DVD, and they keep pumping out HBK disc sets with the same fukkin footage that's already been released at least 18 times in some form.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 07:47:20 AM »
What kind of/how much stuff did they do on Davey?

I keep waiting for a Bulldogs DVD, and they keep pumping out HBK disc sets with the same fukkin footage that's already been released at least 18 times in some form.
Lol...I know. I would LOVE to see a bulldogs dvd with both matches and good documentary allocated to a two or better still a three disc set. You can do lots of stuff with the bulldogs. Plus, I would like to hear Tom Billington's views and opinions.

I noticed that the Undertaker has a new three disc dvd out but again like Shawn Michaels, how much of that footage is repeated??

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010, 02:51:59 PM »
Just my opinion...

Both were exceptional workers in the ring.
They could have good matches with anyone.
I think that, while Hennig was more of a ring general, Davey’s best matches usually saw someone else do a lot of the thinking - as evidenced in his tag work with Dynamite and his singles matches with Bret.

Curt was better on the stick and in promos, which probably made him a more rounded performer, but both men were among the elite of ring technicians.
And, no doubt they could both deliver on command!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 04:41:49 AM »
I just finished watching it and really enjoyed it. My Brother is gonna love it! Of course they were all related. But they were saying that Davey was one of the best wrestlers. I've seen interviews where Bret said Perfect was the best guy he ever wrestled. I don't know if it's Taboo to ask because both these greats have passed? But are Bull Dog and Perfect the best guys the buisiness has ever seen?
It still bothers me that both are dead. I loved watching Henning and Bulldog matches. They wee the type of wrestlers that worked well with everyone the were put in the ring with. Always a guaranteed a great match with those two.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 04:42:18 AM »
Lol...some great memories there, Cheftim. Good stuff. I miss Mr.P.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2012, 04:44:37 PM »
This isn’t my favorite tribute, but it’s nice that someone took the time to make it:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2013, 04:25:06 PM »
Timmy is by no means saying the Miz is even close to Mr Perfect. I'm just making the comparison because I think that the Miz is another all around performer. You can put him any place in the show and he's gonna do a great job. I cannot remember the last time seeing a more well rounded superstar then the Miz. He could easily be the next it guy. There's so many guys on the roster that are underutilized but the Miz is the only one that can be the next big Superstar to carry the WWE. I wish he had a better finisher, but besides that he's the most perfect performer that's going today.

He surprised me.

How were your holidays?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »
Better then ever! In Miami for buisiness. Went to the Smackdown taping the other night. Great time! Place went berzerk for the Rock. Del Rio is the new champ. I really feel the Miz is without a doubt the most well rounded talented performer the show has seen in a very long time.

My best friend from college went to Mania the year it was in Miami. He said the pop was unbelievable when Rock's music hit. It was also his first time witnessing Taker at Mania. He said the overall card was weak, but the whole atmosphere more than made up for it.

Mania is up your way this year, right?

Montague

• Getbig V
February is CURT HENNIG MONTH:
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
February is considered national "Black History Month" in America, but more importantly than that - internationally, interplanetary, and intergalactically, February is now officially, CURT HENNIG MONTH!!!

Sadly, next Sunday, February 10, marks the ten-year anniversary of the passing of perhaps the greatest talent on every level ever to grace professional wrestling. As a tribute, this thread will be pinned for the entire month of February!
Additionally, you will find below a rare shoot interview with Curt conducted in 2000.

Rest In Peace, "Mr. Perfect!"

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: February is CURT HENNIG MONTH:
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »
Not only myself, but every fan of Mr. Perfect was excited to see the debut of Axel Curtis the other night on Raw. His drop kick on HHH gave me goose bumps! Yes there's other third generation super stars out there but Timmy believes this guy, with or without Heyman, is gonna be a headliner. I jumped out of my seat I was so happy to see him walking down the ramp. And then what happens??? HHH squashes him in his debut. Not only smacking Perfect jr. in the face but hogging the spot light in their match with this idiotic concussion storyline. Because of that I will never watch anything to do with HHH ever again. I love HBK but HHH is out of my life for good. It's a discrace what he did to Axel Curtis. Seriously one of the worst things I've ever seen in my wrestling fan life. HHH is a louse and I'll never waste another second of my life watching his ego ruin my beloved Federation. 

It was cool to see, and I thought he did okay.  I was going to start a thread on it and am surprised Monty hasn't.

I don't quite have the same opinion as you.  I thought it was pretty good that HHH gave him a rub his first time in the ring. 

I know it has been done before, but I would like to see a group with him, Cody, Dibiase, and Orton.  Of course, other than Orton, they are all too "plain" to get over.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2013, 01:57:19 AM »
Timmy is the furthest thing from a Jericho fan but respects him putting over Faaaaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaa aaaaaaaangoooooooooooooo ooooo. HHH? First off why on Earth is he running a program against Brock Lesnar? Let Brock and Heyman put over the active Federation talent. Brock and Heyman could push Randy Orton over and put him into Super Stardom. If I found a magic lamp in the sand and had just one wish. It's Shane O'Mac. HHH lives in HBK's shadow and is at best a C+ entertainer like Kevin Nash. Beautiful, picture perfect drop kick from Axel tonight on Sin Cara. The Perfect-plex will shine again!! Thats my point, and thats Perfect.

1.) Jericho is a businessman first and foremost. He's smart enough to know that, at this point in his life, money and physical well being are more important than a fictional character. Are you listening, Bret?

2.) HHH may be the best option they have to work with Lesnar right now. Rock was supposed to occupy that spot, but he's out until further notice.

3.) A third-generation wrestler adopting names and physical traits of his bloodline predecessors doesn't always work out well. Rock did it, but he didn't propel to superstardom until he evolved past the Rocky Maivia character. As always, it depends on the individual, as well as the fans demands, which can change at the drop of a hat.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »

1.) Jericho is a businessman first and foremost. He's smart enough to know that, at this point in his life, money and physical well being are more important than a fictional character. Are you listening, Bret?

2.) HHH may be the best option they have to work with Lesnar right now. Rock was supposed to occupy that spot, but he's out until further notice.

3.) A third-generation wrestler adopting names and physical traits of his bloodline predecessors doesn't always work out well. Rock did it, but he didn't propel to superstardom until he evolved past the Rocky Maivia character. As always, it depends on the individual, as well as the fans demands, which can change at the drop of a hat.

What was your opinion?  I know it is early, but what do you think?

Look at it this way: at least you don't have to try and come up with something positive to say, like I did with David Flair.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »
What was your opinion?  I know it is early, but what do you think?

Honestly, I didn't see it. I haven't been in front of a TV in a while.

In my mind, the biggest determining factors are what they give him, and what he does with it. I absolutely abhor this new generation that is handed every detail of what to do and say. It shoots a major channel of character development and evolution directly up the ass.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »

Honestly, I didn't see it. I haven't been in front of a TV in a while.

In my mind, the biggest determining factors are what they give him, and what he does with it. I absolutely abhor this new generation that is handed every detail of what to do and say. It shoots a major channel of character development and evolution directly up the ass.

I reckon we got an answer, as they put the IC belt on him.  I just wish it still meant something.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
I reckon we got an answer, as they put the IC belt on him.  I just wish it still meant something.

I'm glad they're at least giving him some kind of push. It almost kind of makes up for how they screwed Curt...in a roundabout way.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 04:53:15 AM »
I had a lot of bad stuff going on this time last year, and completely missed bumping this fine thread honoring the anniversary of Curt's passing and celebrating his life.

I'm saddened that the links to many of the wonderful videos and pictures imbedded in this thread are no longer active.
I'm even sadder that we've seemingly lost many of the great posters who regularly contributed to this and other threads on our beloved Wrestling board, which at one time, was one of the most active (and always civilized) sub-forums on this site!

This was the first board I was invited to moderate on Getbig, and I still love it. I may hate the current state of pro-wrestling, but the eternal mark in me will always pop for the classics.

With that said, I am resurrecting this PERFECT thread (a day early so I don't miss it again) for the month of February.
Enjoy!!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2015, 04:24:23 AM »
Listen to Jericho's show with Lanny Poffo....they discuss Curt's vignette's.....said most of them were on shot takes and that Curt truly was a gifted athlete....

I put Curt, Scott Hall and Arn Anderson as the top echelon mid carders that never had a chance with the NWA, WCW, WWE/WWF Heavyweight title

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »
Listen to Jericho's show with Lanny Poffo....they discuss Curt's vignette's.....said most of them were on shot takes and that Curt truly was a gifted athlete....

I put Curt, Scott Hall and Arn Anderson as the top echelon mid carders that never had a chance with the NWA, WCW, WWE/WWF Heavyweight title

I think Curt made a very good AWA champion. I suspect that, had his back held up and he stuck around longer in the Fed, the old man would have given him the strap for a run.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »
till this day I still walk around practicing my gum swat... ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »
till this day I still walk around practicing my gum swat... ;D

As do we all...

8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »

As do we all...

8)
Back in 1989 when he was fueding with Hogan and they had a match here at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, when Heening came out and climbed the turnbuckle and swatted that gum into the crowd, people actually tried to catch his gum...that is how over Henning was. Great athlete. Miss his vindicates....knocking them out of the park while Wade Boggs looks in awe...throwing himself a hail mary touchdown...great stuff  8)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2015, 03:54:45 PM »
Back in 1989 when he was fueding with Hogan and they had a match here at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, when Heening came out and climbed the turnbuckle and swatted that gum into the crowd, people actually tried to catch his gum...that is how over Henning was. Great athlete. Miss his vindicates....knocking them out of the park while Wade Boggs looks in awe...throwing himself a hail mary touchdown...great stuff  8)

Boggs offered a very touching story on the WWF DVD.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »

Boggs offered a very touching story on the WWF DVD.
I'll bet..they were great friends in real life.

This thread is your thread Monte  ;D Mean't for you bro.