Author Topic: should madoff be executed?  (Read 2579 times)

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
should madoff be executed?
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »
I say yes.  He conned 50 billion dollars from investors, and should warrant the death penalty imo.  unfortunately he will never get it because he commited a white collar crime.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: should madoff be executed?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »
I say yes.  He conned 50 billion dollars from investors, and should warrant the death penalty imo.  unfortunately he will never get it because he commited a white collar crime.

I have read that he was in bed with the russian mob and is being kept out of prison for foear that he will be killed in prison.

I think they are trying to get him to assist in unraveling the fraud before anyone gets to him. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »
He certainly shouldn't be living in his penthouse while awaiting trial.  ::)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 12:38:47 PM »
he destroyed countless lives. he should pay with his. public torture and execution should face him

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:47:42 PM »
he destroyed countless lives. he should pay with his. public torture and execution should face him

Oh brother, aren't you one of those anti-torture guys regarding Muslims? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Execution's too easy for that guy. Taking everything from him and throwing him in jail to rot away would probably be much more painful for him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »
Oh brother, aren't you one of those anti-torture guys regarding Muslims? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Execution's too easy for that guy. Taking everything from him and throwing him in jail to rot away would probably be much more painful for him.

Ha ha.  Liberals want to torture people who ruined left wing causes and "charities" but dont want to torture terrorists who may have knowledge of impending suicide or attacks on civilians or soldiers.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »
ive never said a thing about torture ???...besides when discussing madoff lol

actually yes, torture him publically then put him in jail for the rest of his life. and not a white collar prison-a hardcore, shanking, rectaly-devistating prison. haha then maybe they can set up an online investing platform in which people can speculate on how long he will last, what Bruno is gonna do to him today, etc..

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 12:58:36 PM »
ive never said a thing about torture ???...besides when discussing madoff lol

actually yes, torture him publically then put him in jail for the rest of his life. and not a white collar prison-a hardcore, shanking, rectaly-devistating prison. haha then maybe they can set up an online investing platform in which people can speculate on how long he will last, what Bruno is gonna do to him today, etc..

Hahahaha, 10:1 odds on a prolapsed sphincter?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »

This isn't China; it doesn't what you do or who you are, you won't get the death penalty for stealing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »
This isn't China; it doesn't what you do or who you are, you won't get the death penalty for stealing.

I think the russian mob wants him more than anything.  there is a story about him laundering money for them which accounts for the difference in what he claims was lost vs what is being shown on the books as of now.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »
I have read that he was in bed with the russian mob and is being kept out of prison for foear that he will be killed in prison.

I think they are trying to get him to assist in unraveling the fraud before anyone gets to him. 

link please  :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »
Why bother?  Just put him in charge the Social Security program.  After all, that is the biggest Ponzi scheme ever.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 02:13:42 PM »
I think he should be put on trial as any criminal.

FWIW, I think economical crimes needs to be considered as bad as many other crimes.

Ie, an economical crime like this may very well be compared to when a high politician is tried for crime against humanity or war crimes, even though they never directly killed people, they were responsible for tremendous tragedy.

And Madoff has caused tremendous tragedy no doubt.

Tremendous tragedy that he was probably aware of, and still decided to continue.

I'm not saying Madoff should be compared to Hitler, but I mean that the way we could look on his crime is perhaps the same.

In any case, we need to upgrade economic criminality, it has to have similar penalities to other crimes IMO.

If Madoff is sentenced to life in prison, I think it will set a new, healthy standard for economic crime fighting and judicial system.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 02:15:26 PM »

link please  :)

Look it up, I dont have it now, but Gasparino mentioned something about this as well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »
Why bother?  Just put him in charge the Social Security program.  After all, that is the biggest Ponzi scheme ever.

If you think about it, SS is the exact same thing as a Madoff scheme.  The early investors take out the most, and the ones in the middle and end get screwed.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 02:26:33 PM »
Look it up, I dont have it now, but Gasparino mentioned something about this as well.

http://www.deepcapture.com/bernard-madoff-the-mafia-and-naked-short-selling/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 02:38:34 PM »
If you think about it, SS is the exact same thing as a Madoff scheme.  The early investors take out the most, and the ones in the middle and end get screwed.

SS would be fine if Presidents didn't borrow from it every year to put in their budgets.

Bush's 2008 budget was made up of ~ 25% borrowed funds from SS

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 02:39:35 PM »
http://www.deepcapture.com/bernard-madoff-the-mafia-and-naked-short-selling/

I never even saw that article.  Many disagree with me on stuff on this site, but i know what i am talking about on a lot of these issues before I formulate an opinion on things.

Madoff is in deeper and this goes much higher and farther than is being reported.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 02:40:29 PM »
SS would be fine if Presidents didn't borrow from it every year to put in their budgets.

Bush's 2008 budget was made up of ~ 25% borrowed funds from SS

Its a scheme nevertheless.  The present people pay for past people.  The money is never set aside.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »
Its a scheme nevertheless.  The present people pay for past people.  The money is never set aside.

social security is designed to be an insurance pool not a personal retirement acct like a 401k

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 02:47:43 PM »
social security is designed to be an insurance pool not a personal retirement acct like a 401k

Whatever the case, its going to collapse.  And you are wrong, it was designed to give seniors a dignified retirement.  By employees having to pay in 7.5 of their pay, it is a forced retirement plan.  Only thing, if the poor slob dies before he can collect, there is nothing to pass on to the heirs. 

SS is a ponzi scheme by the very definition of how it operates.   

Please, tell me in what way it is not a ponzi scheme. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 03:26:27 PM »
Whatever the case, its going to collapse.  And you are wrong, it was designed to give seniors a dignified retirement.  By employees having to pay in 7.5 of their pay, it is a forced retirement plan.  Only thing, if the poor slob dies before he can collect, there is nothing to pass on to the heirs. 

Yeah. Youre right...collect money from this guy and that guy..when its time for this guy to collect on investment ...you take it from that guy and give it to this guy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »

??

How does a "dignified retirement" change the  structure of the program?  Social Security is not a personal savings account or a 401k.  Also you can thank Reagan for increasing the employee withholding which he did specifically to create a surplus which he could then borrow to pay for his tax cuts.   In 2008 the Bush Administration borrowered from our retirement to plug holes in his budget (~ 25% of the total budget - which doesn't even include the war in Iraq) and replaced those funds with an IOU.   

If I included some links would you read them?

Here's one to start: 

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/28/about-the-social-security-trust-fund/

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »

Devils Island should be reopened for him....... :'(   Yes, because its white collar crime, he will be in Camp Cupcake...... ::)