Author Topic: We want pre-nup, we want pre-nup!!  (Read 1248 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
We want pre-nup, we want pre-nup!!
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »

Wayne Tippett has just two things of any real value left in his life: a 10-year-old car and a granite tombstone.

At 51, Tippett is broken, bankrupt and bunking in the guest room of his parents' Burlington home after a divorce settlement that's left him $75,000 in debt and racking up $1,000 more each month.

Today, he'll appear in court at a default hearing to try to explain why he can't afford to pay his ex-wife (the couple had no children) $3,300 a month, $16,000 in retroactive alimony and $42,000 of her court costs out of a complex case he himself still doesn't understand.

Even his ex-wife's lawyer calls the situation "a total tragedy." And while he says Tippett "is paying for his own foolishness and stubbornness," the settlement is, in many ways, a frightening example of bad timing, lack of adequate information, and a divorce court system that can be deadly unpredictable.

Cont'd...

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/577605

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: We want pre-nup, we want pre-nup!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
Lets arrange a charity event for this poor guy.

Onlyme can sit right next to Jonesy from the Police Academy!!
from incomplete data

Jizzacked

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »
do the judges that make these rulings even live in our society?  its almost like a bad joke the type of shit they come up with.  its pretty fuckin bad when the c u nt's lawyer feels bad for the guy.

I let my wife have everything when I walked away... car, house.. I have no kids, don't pay a dime in c unt support and have no residual marital debt to worry about.  I am sure she is enjoying all the bills and mortgage that I used to cover.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »
You cant have a pre nup in NI for some reason

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »
Wayne Tippett has just two things of any real value left in his life: a 10-year-old car and a granite tombstone.

At 51, Tippett is broken, bankrupt and bunking in the guest room of his parents' Burlington home after a divorce settlement that's left him $75,000 in debt and racking up $1,000 more each month.

Today, he'll appear in court at a default hearing to try to explain why he can't afford to pay his ex-wife (the couple had no children) $3,300 a month, $16,000 in retroactive alimony and $42,000 of her court costs out of a complex case he himself still doesn't understand.

Even his ex-wife's lawyer calls the situation "a total tragedy." And while he says Tippett "is paying for his own foolishness and stubbornness," the settlement is, in many ways, a frightening example of bad timing, lack of adequate information, and a divorce court system that can be deadly unpredictable.

Cont'd...

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/577605

i dont understand. Why in fucks name shoud this even go to court. What if she has a job paying say 3k a month. Thats decent. Not great but its alright...then she gets 3300/month from this poor bastard..then she is fucking some guy and he is helping out with the bills maybe worth about 2k...thats a gross of about 8,300/month...for a bitch WITH NO KIDS man that just dont seem right.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 02:07:36 PM »
$3300 a month for what?  Unless she licked his asshole clean every time he took a shit no woman is worth that much.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:08:37 PM »
$3300 a month for what?  Unless she licked his asshole clean every time he took a shit no woman is worth that much.

RIGHT...AND THEY DONT EVEN HAVE FUCKIN KIDS...WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 02:09:23 PM »
I read this earlier today, Tre. This is very odd case, not a normal one at all. Doesn't represent the average case at all.  

Jizzacked

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »
the woman who wrote the article is named "susan pigg" :D

a quote from the guy in question:

"I've been given a life sentence and she's been given a cash for life ticket," says Tippett. "I actually asked my lawyer at one point, `Isn't there a human rights issue here? Don't I have the human right to have a life after divorce?'"

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »
Just more proof that there's absolutely no reason for a man to ever get married.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 02:15:54 PM »
I forget what movie it was but a guy was going through the same thing. He hires or knows a guy in the mob and puts a hit on his wife. The guy walks right into the kitchen and blows her brains out and walks out the door. THAT is exactly what this woman deserves.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 02:17:10 PM »
I read this earlier today, Tre. This is very odd case, not a normal one at all. Doesn't represent the average case at all. 

It's not the average case, but here's what they said about the changes they've made in Canada:

In fact, the guidelines added up to a sort of "65 rule" – that if the partner's age and years in the relationship equalled 65 or more, the main breadwinner would be paying "permanent support" the rest of his or her life.

"The view now about marriage is that (both) parties are entitled, to the extent possible, to enjoy the same lifestyle after a long-term marriage," says Epstein, who sat on the committee that took five years to draft the guidelines. "We operate on a system that, if you create economic dependency (even if the wife isn't tied to the home caring for children), then you're going to have to redress it."

I'd give all my shit away and fake my own death before paying that bitch another fucking penny.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »
I forget what movie it was but a guy was going through the same thing. He hires or knows a guy in the mob and puts a hit on his wife. The guy walks right into the kitchen and blows her brains out and walks out the door. THAT is exactly what this woman deserves.

L O L

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »
I'd give all my shit awake and fake my own death before paying that bitch another fucking penny.

Yup. Between circumstances, poor law and a bitch for an ex-wife, he's gonna get ripped a new one. I'd go with your option b: faking my death.  :)

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »
Please remove this. This shit always makes me mad

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
Please remove this. This shit always makes me mad

Concerning child custody, divorce etc....males take it in the ass. The females, no matter how inept they are, get the benifit of the doubt during these things.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
Concerning child custody, divorce etc....males take it in the ass. The females, no matter how inept they are, get the benifit of the doubt during these things.

the wife has to be damn near on crack and the husband has to be a god damn brain surgeon in order for the male to get the kids. freakin crazy