Author Topic: Karl Kox, was Fritz really capable of this? If so, what a heartless man.  (Read 4800 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I was just browsing on youtube, got to thinking about the wrestling board here on getbig, and pulled up this clip about Kevin von Erich talking about suffering a life-threatening concussion he suffered in Japan and his dad telling him he needed to go out there and wrestle regardless of the injury.

Have you ever heard of this story Karl Kox? Or is just some more kayfabe bullshit? Pretty crazy if true.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: Karl Kox, was Fritz really capable of this? If so, what a heartless man.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »
wow thats really really fucked up!!!!!!

that little jap deserved to get his neck snapped >:(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:20:40 PM »
I wonder if the Jap even knew anything about Kevin's condition?  The Von Erichs are/were so messed up, it's hard to know what to believe from them.

I like the comments about Pearl Harbor and Hiroshima...hahaha

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »
I was just browsing on youtube, got to thinking about the wrestling board here on getbig, and pulled up this clip about Kevin von Erich talking about suffering a life-threatening concussion he suffered in Japan and his dad telling him he needed to go out there and wrestle regardless of the injury.

Have you ever heard of this story Karl Kox? Or is just some more kayfabe bullshit? Pretty crazy if true.

Where do I start ?
 First yes Fritz did that and a lot more . He could very well be blamed for all of his boys deaths some how.  They were all scared of him and did what ever he said. He need them because of their popularity to keep World Class a float.  If one of them fucked up he would turn it into a angle. Example.  One of the boys got caught here in Dallas with some drugs and arrested. Fritz turned it into a angle and went on TV and said the Freebirds planted the drugs on his boys.
  As far as Japan goes, they always tried to screw the Americans like that out of a title, they did it in the early 80's with Hogan too. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
  If one of them fucked up he would turn it into a angle. Example.  One of the boys got caught here in Dallas with some drugs and arrested. Fritz turned it into a angle and went on TV and said the Freebirds planted the drugs on his boys.

WTF!?

Talk about kayfabe!

I got a couple more questions while we're on the subject.

1. What is your opinion on Davids death? There is alot of controversy on that.

2. Do you think Fritz really staged a heart attack that one time ? And if so that is also UNBELIEVABLY Fucked up as well!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
WTF!?

Talk about kayfabe!

I got a couple more questions while we're on the subject.

1. What is your opinion on Davids death? There is alot of controversy on that.

2. Do you think Fritz really staged a heart attack that one time ? And if so that is also UNBELIEVABLY Fucked up as well!

Fritz tried to say he got food poisioning or some shit.  Then as time went on he said David got kicked in the Stomoch by Road warrior Hawk. The Road warriors were not even in Japan at the time. david Over dosed and Bruiser Broady flushed the drugs down the toliet.

Yes that heart attack was part of a angle .

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 05:02:14 AM »
Karl, I remember reading when it happened that Mike died of "toxic shock syndrome" which is usually associated with women and tampons.  I remember thinking it sounded strange.  His was an OD also, is that right?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 09:02:19 AM »
Karl, I remember reading when it happened that Mike died of "toxic shock syndrome" which is usually associated with women and tampons.  I remember thinking it sounded strange.  His was an OD also, is that right?

Oh ya

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 11:37:53 AM »
It's no damn wonder those boys were all drug addicts with a "father" like that. Bet ole Fritz is doing a slow roast in hell right about now.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
It's no damn wonder those boys were all drug addicts with a "father" like that. Bet ole Fritz is doing a slow roast in hell right about now.

He was not well liked.  He made some very bad bussinus decisions that screwed a lot of the boys around.  Him and my old man were tag partners and good friends for a while.  He made a very bad decision that fucked my dad and another wrestler who I will not name and my old man quit and went to work for Barnett.  Later at the end of my old mans career when they made piece , they had another fight that included Gary Hart and my old man quit again.
I will tell both stories in detail after I ask my old man if he does not mind.

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:56 PM »
Didn't the wife leave Fritz after Chris (the youngest) committed suicide? If I remember Fritz got brain cancer & died alone.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 04:55:21 PM »
Didn't the wife leave Fritz after Chris (the youngest) committed suicide? If I remember Fritz got brain cancer & died alone.

She did leave, I'm not sure when.  yes he did die alone