Author Topic: I want food stamps  (Read 8453 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: I want food stamps
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 08:51:30 AM »
Sadly......you are right.  :'(

I know what it takes to make it in this tough environment and sadly, these kids and college age people HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE what awaits them and dont even remotely have the skill set, emotional maturity, grit, or experience to cope.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »
I know what it takes to make it in this tough environment and sadly, these kids and college age people HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE what awaits them and dont even remotely have the skill set, emotional maturity, grit, or experience to cope.

But hey, they can text while pretending to drive. As if that's not enough, they know who won Dancing with the Stars...... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009, 08:57:37 AM »
But hey, they can text while pretending to drive. As if that's not enough, they know who won Dancing with the Stars...... :-\

I'm serious.  These kids are like drones and robots and think the world owes them a job. 

Most of them cant even utter a coherent sentence.

When I was out of work, I literally banged on every door of every business and asked for work.  I called, called, and called, and took whatever I could find.

These slobs today would rather collect welfare and complain about "the man".

Sadly, many are not even qualified for even the most entry level job.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009, 09:01:31 AM »
I'm serious.  These kids are like drones and robots and think the world owes them a job. 

Most of them cant even utter a coherent sentence.

When I was out of work, I literally banged on every door of every business and asked for work.  I called, called, and called, and took whatever I could find.

These slobs today would rather collect welfare and complain about "the man".

Sadly, many are not even qualified for even the most entry level job.

I was serious too. I hear what you're saying.....there is no wok ethic with these kids these days. They just think they are entitled to things.....have no clue about working for them and earning them.
HAHA, RON.....

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2009, 11:47:18 AM »
No offense, but I think you guys are doomed with the welfare. Once you create a welfare class - there really is no going back. If it suddenly cut - think it will be hellfire. Crime will spiral, kids will literally starve to death, homeless people everywhere etc. Really, once it is done it's done.

Striking to me, as no such thing exists here, work or starve, quite simple, so we all grow up knowing that. My stepkid is in the USA now in college, and she was all fascinated to meet people who get money for nothing. Gave her ideas to my dismay, introduced her to the concept. But then again, I pointed out to her that others who work then get their money taken from them to pay these people. She was like not impressed then.

I think the worst aspect isn't really those getting welfare per se, as actually that isn't a large part of the US budget if you look, its minimal. It's the entire issue - the harder you work, make more money - you get more taken away - and the more of a loser you are - the more money you get.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2009, 11:50:54 AM »
Agreed CQ.  Sounds wonderful where you are.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
Agreed CQ.  Sounds wonderful where you are.

It's not perfect - but the welfare thing I do think is better here, really promotes a better work ethic. We of course do help severly disabled folks etc - but not able bodied people.

That said, the present government is throwing around talking points about welfare [ :-X] and dear god I hope they get voted out before that occurs.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »
I am all for federal help for people with special needs, the disabled and the elderly.  We must support our citizens in need.  Otherwise, you should work.  Americans have become very entitled and it seems to be worsening...there are certainly jobs that some feel are beneath them.  When my great grandparents came here right after WWI they worked in the factories and did whatever they could to support their families and still have their pride.  My parents did the same.  Many have lost that spirit and pride.

Increasing the welfare state is a very bad idea.  Once it starts, it grows like fire and along with it comes the sense of entitlement and decline in the ethics that makes a strong and stable person.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
I am all for federal help for people with special needs, the disabled and the elderly.  We must support our citizens in need.  Otherwise, you should work.  Americans have become very entitled and it seems to be worsening...there are certainly jobs that some feel are beneath them.  When my great grandparents worked came here right after WWI they worked in the factories and did whatever they could to support their families and still have their pride.  My grandparents did the same.  Many have lost that spirit and pride.

Increasing the welfare state is a very bad idea.  Once it starts, it grows like fire and along with it comes the sense of entitlement and decline in the ethics that makes a strong and stable person.

Agree 100%

It isn't really so much the finances, its the aspect it creates in people. The UK is even worse with it, I lived there for a few years and it's pretty bad in many ways. There, as well as the US, people just think the government should give, so strange for me.

I think how we operate our social giving is fairly optimal, although not feasible for a larger nation.

You need to be like wheelchair bound or something to get welfare, and they check deep, since we only have 700 people on it in the whole country its low enough to keep on eye for cheaters.

We still have losers of course, but at least the rest of us don't have to support them and get to keep our full incomes for ourselves - so the harder you strive you are rewarded, if you sit around on your ass you get $0. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:56 AM »
I am all for federal help for people with special needs, the disabled and the elderly.  We must support our citizens in need.  Otherwise, you should work.  Americans have become very entitled and it seems to be worsening...there are certainly jobs that some feel are beneath them.  When my great grandparents worked came here right after WWI they worked in the factories and did whatever they could to support their families and still have their pride.  My grandparents did the same.  Many have lost that spirit and pride.

Well said.
HAHA, RON.....

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2009, 06:49:34 PM »
Well said.

It all comes down to the moral compass of people.
If you use foodstamps for items that they are for, all is good.
You can always find people who take advantage and vendors who take advantage of the system.

Sandra

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 11:30:03 AM »
you want food stamps ? try this

DUMBASS...

88 Percent of the people on WELFARE an receiving FOOD STAMPS/EBT cards are WHITE FEMALES.... In your attempt to be funny/racist you exposed your own. I really hope welfare is stopped...this will make more white bitches available for prostitution...
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »
Go back to your cell.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »
Samson you are a racist POS.

This is an interesting link.  In the state of california (2006), 45% of all people using food stamps are hispanic, 25% white and 20% black.  Makes you wonder what real effect illegal immigration is having.

http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/research/res/pdf/foodtrends/FSA6FY05_06.pdf

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
Samson, you are also full of shit.  I found no data on national food stamp usage prior to 2004 and none of that says white females make up 88% of food stamp usage. 

Here are some interesting #s:
"Race, marital status and education increase the likelihood of food stamp use in children.  By age 20, 90% of black children will have used food stamps compared with 37% of white children.  62% of children where the head of the household has not graduated from HS compared to 31% where the head is a household graduate.  91.2% in single parent households compared to 37% in married households.  Although race and education are strongly coordinated with food stamp use, gender is not.  The use of food stamps among female headed households is high but the differences between men and women are small.
http://books.google.com/books?

id=1X3ZmSgQMBkC&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=food+stamp+usage+race&source=web&ots=rbTFVEzLFc&sig=pJKYjfd6WUee1SFrfnLX0e6x-zI&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPA91,M1

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
Here's another:

"Race and education, Hirschl says, have dramatic links to food stamp use: More than 85 percent of African Americans will use food stamps some time between the ages of 20 and 65, compared with 37 percent of white Americans; about 64 percent of adults with less than 12 years of education will use food stamps, compared with 38 percent of adults with 12 or more years of education."
http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Aug04/Food.stamps.ssl.html

Interesting that food stamp usage (its a food card now) is much higher than I thought.  Also, even though most people use food stamps for 1-3 years, there is a high repeat rate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »
Go back to sleep.  Your welfare check is on the way.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »
Based on internet statistics I've been looking at, In south western states Hispanics use the most food stamps. In most other states blacks do.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2009, 01:18:56 PM »
Thats what I have found as well liberalismo.  One good thing is that its not common for people to use them over 3 yrs.  The high rate of gov assistance is concerning in the southwest as I feel it is an underemphasized consequence of illegal immigration that all of us are paying for.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »
I don't see how illegal immigrants should be eligible.