Author Topic: Obamas abortion ad  (Read 4415 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Obamas abortion ad
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »

makes you think

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: Obamas abortion ad
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:51:14 PM »
Pretty clever.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »

AKR

• Getbig II
  • Nobody moves the IRON like me, IRON is my bitch
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:26:27 AM »
someone should retroactively abort all those christian idiots
B

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:15:08 AM »

+1.

Usually the people against abortion are the ones it was intended for in the first place.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:33:55 AM »
I agree, pretty clever commercial, i wasn't expecting that.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:58:38 AM »
Excellent!!
W

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »

Great ad regardless of your position .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 01:17:16 PM »
NBC nixes Super Bowl pro-life ad

Charlie Butts and Jody Brown - OneNewsNow - 1/30/2009 8:30:00 AM

NBC has rejected a pro-life ad for the Super Bowl, citing its policy not to run ads involving "political advocacy or issues."

The 30-second television spot, a project of CatholicVote.org and financed by The Fidelis Center for Law & Policy, actually emerged just before the inauguration of President Barack Obama. Brian Burch, president of CatholicVote.org, explains there is nothing objectionable in its "life-affirming" message, which features ultrasound pictures of a baby in a mother's womb.

"The ad actually sparked so much interest, and we started getting e-mails and calls from people who saw the ad [and] wanted to try to put it on the air," says Burch. "And given the time of year that we're at, there began a campaign to put it on the Super Bowl."

Burch says his organization signed a contract with NBC to air the spot, and they were extremely happy -- "Until we were informed that NBC, in conjunction with the NFL, was rejecting our ad because it was a political or issue ad," Burch states, "and they said they have a policy against it."

The CatholicVote.org spokesman points out in a press statement that NBC appears to be inconsistent in applying its "no advocacy ads" policy. He notes the network rejected an ad produced by PETA -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals -- because of its suggestive sexual content.

"There's no doubt that PETA is an advocacy group," argues Burch. "NBC rejected PETA's ad for another reason altogether. Our ad is far less provocative, and hardly controversial by comparison."

He respects NBC's decision but says his group's pro-life ad is not divisive or confrontational and is not really political. It simply asks people to imagine the potential of every human life.

"And particularly one person's human life -- which I won't give it away. You'll have to watch the ad," he says.

The 30-second ad can be viewed at CatholicVote.org.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »
WOW not suprised nbc wont air it ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
WOW not suprised nbc wont air it ::)

they get way more press for FREE this way.

And will we see it on FOX now?  No, they won't play it either.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 02:58:19 PM »
they get way more press for FREE this way.

And will we see it on FOX now?  No, they won't play it either.
has fox released something saying they wont, i havent heard anything about it yet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 03:00:21 PM »
has fox released something saying they wont, i havent heard anything about it yet.

no.  major networks avoid controversial ads 99.9% of the time.  Anything divisive - any wedge issues - dont get airplay because people get mad and stop watchign that network.

You aren't going to see $3mil worth of commercials from this group.  They got their 15 min of fame. 

it's not that I dont agree with the group - it's just deceptive to say "NBC kills babies" when they would have silenced a pro-abortion ad as well, obviously.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »
no.  major networks avoid controversial ads 99.9% of the time.  Anything divisive - any wedge issues - dont get airplay because people get mad and stop watchign that network.

You aren't going to see $3mil worth of commercials from this group.  They got their 15 min of fame. 

it's not that I dont agree with the group - it's just deceptive to say "NBC kills babies" when they would have silenced a pro-abortion ad as well, obviously.
so no they havent?

sorry i dont see anything controversial about this ad at all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »
sorry i dont see anything controversial about this ad at all.

You don't think people watching the big game eating dinner will a little turned off by a fetus on a sonogram on their big screen TV?

Dude, you're preaching to the choir about the cause... but seriously... it's inappropriate for family TV time.  Period.

And I'll paypal you $1 when FOX airs this ad, which will be never.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
You don't think people watching the big game eating dinner will a little turned off by a fetus on a sonogram on their big screen TV?

Dude, you're preaching to the choir about the cause... but seriously... it's inappropriate for family TV time.  Period.

And I'll paypal you $1 when FOX airs this ad, which will be never.

LOL SERIOUSLY you find a sonogram offensive? hahahah seriously? your ok with all the sexual content and inuendos that flow go on during prime time but you find a sonogram offensive dude please  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
LOL SERIOUSLY you find a sonogram offensive? hahahah seriously? your ok with all the sexual content and inuendos that flow go on during prime time but you find a sonogram offensive dude please  ::)

No, I don't. 
But I'm fairly sure there will be a lot of people who are having a good time, watching football with the kids and friends, who really aren't ready for a saddening discussion on abortion with their family and co-workers.

I wouldn't want to watch an immigration commercial.  A death penalty commercial.  I wouldn't want to watch a political commercial either.  The game's about entertainment.  The MAJORITY of their viewers probably feel the same way.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »
No, I don't. 
But I'm fairly sure there will be a lot of people who are having a good time, watching football with the kids and friends, who really aren't ready for a saddening discussion on abortion with their family and co-workers.

I wouldn't want to watch an immigration commercial.  A death penalty commercial.  I wouldn't want to watch a political commercial either.  The game's about entertainment.  The MAJORITY of their viewers probably feel the same way.
iono about you but that commercial is a very uplifting commercial

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
i understand where you are coming from for once though but NBC also was ok with aring a peta commercial except for content is peta not a political advocacy or issue group?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »
I can find of hundreds of thousends of examples of, snot nosed, punk ass, jerk offs whose mothers should have been aborted for having kids they don't take care of at all, so the cycle keeps repeating itself.

This commercial does shit for me anyway as I'll never get pregnant and will never have to make that decision anyway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »
No, I don't. 

you are right about that.  What a buzz kill.