Author Topic: Strongest Feats of Strength (threads merged):  (Read 26189 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: Wrestler's Max Bench Press
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2011, 04:31:32 AM »
I can see it, totally. One time back in the very early '90s Warlord stopped in at my then-gym (all WWF/E wrestlers used this Powerhouse Gym when they came through Toronto) and did a quick couple sets of squats with 315 for HIGH reps and then went over to the bench and, after a couple quick warm-ups, did six paused reps with 455. Let me tell you, this was one of the easiest sets I have ever seen done with poundage such as this. No spot and each repetition was FAST. Dude was traveling and likely burnt ... plus a strange gym, etc.

He also did some inclines with 365 like it was the friggin' bar. 

Warlord was MASSIVE. Also extremely polite and helpful (even spotted me on some flat dumbell presses).

Light weight for a massive dude like that, humongous and would make anybody look puny.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »
Light weight for a massive dude like that, humongous and would make anybody look puny.

Well, as a competitive powerlifter (and a pretty good one, if I do say so), I wouldn't say 455 is ever "light" weight ... for anyone. Even a 600-pound raw presser (and there aren't many) would likely not consider that kind of resistance light. However, I know what you're talking about, sure. Warlord was beyond massive and the way he moved 455 was like watching Scott Mendelson move 365.

He did this weird thing where on each repetition ... going down, he'd raise his head off the bench, and then place it back down on the concentric.

Like I say, despite looking intimidating as ALL hell, the man was super friendly and didn't give off any hint of arrogance.   

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »
Well, as a competitive powerlifter (and a pretty good one, if I do say so), I wouldn't say 455 is ever "light" weight ... for anyone. Even a 600-pound raw presser (and there aren't many) would likely not consider that kind of resistance light. However, I know what you're talking about, sure. Warlord was beyond massive and the way he moved 455 was like watching Scott Mendelson move 365.

He did this weird thing where on each repetition ... going down, he'd raise his head off the bench, and then place it back down on the concentric.

Like I say, despite looking intimidating as ALL hell, the man was super friendly and didn't give off any hint of arrogance.   

Of course. I just meant that only a giant of a man like him could make that kind of weight look light, even thought its obviously not. Hes just that damn huge.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2011, 02:40:35 PM »
Of course. I just meant that only a giant of a man like him could make that kind of weight look light, even thought its obviously not. Hes just that damn huge.

Gotcha. Sorry for my confusion.  :)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Strongest Feats of Strength (threads merged):
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
I find it both ironic and amusing that our board has the most polite & civilized posters.

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Strongest Feats of Strength (threads merged):
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2011, 05:52:56 AM »
I find it both ironic and amusing that our board has the most polite & civilized posters.

;D
:-X  :-X  :-X  ;D