Author Topic: Most underrated / underused on the WWE roster?  (Read 3171 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Most underrated / underused on the WWE roster?
« on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
Which wrestlers currently with the WWE, do you think are the most underrated or underused?

MVP - Great on the mic, gets a good reaction from the audience, but seems to have been treading water for quite a while.

Mr Kennedy - Just coming back from an injury, but prior to that was also treading water.  Has lots of charisma, mic skills, I could easily see him going down a path similar to Stone Cold.

Jimmy Wang Yang - Good in the ring, good agility, but maybe lacking a personality.  I'd still like to see more of him.

Kane - Kane has been one of the most consistent performers for so many years, but all of his storylines never seem to go anywhere.  I'd like to see him get a decent feud going, with possibly a world title run.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Most underrated / underused on the WWE roster?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:39:33 PM »
Which wrestlers currently with the WWE, do you think are the most underrated or underused?

MVP - Great on the mic, gets a good reaction from the audience, but seems to have been treading water for quite a while.

Mr Kennedy - Just coming back from an injury, but prior to that was also treading water.  Has lots of charisma, mic skills, I could easily see him going down a path similar to Stone Cold.

Jimmy Wang Yang - Good in the ring, good agility, but maybe lacking a personality.  I'd still like to see more of him.

Kane - Kane has been one of the most consistent performers for so many years, but all of his storylines never seem to go anywhere.  I'd like to see him get a decent feud going, with possibly a world title run.

mvp- is in line for a push right now after ending that "losing streak"

Mr. Kennedy has fucked up many opportunites- getting injured before supposed to be winning the world title after cashing in his money in the bank briefcase a few years ago, then getting busted for that signature pharmacy bullshit when he was supposed to be revealed as vinces "son" last year.

Jimmy wang yang- no personality like u said, will never be more than enhancement talent

Kane- he is what he is, just a solid guy, will never be in line for the world title ever again, but he's a solid performer for the past 10 years, and has done more with that gimmick than anyone ever thought, so id say he's had a good career.

Now for guys who are under utilized, id say CM Punk is a big one, he never gets any time on the mic ( where he has great skill ), was made to look like fool when he was a transistional champ, has had the reigns put on him in the ring because of his style ( hes so much better in the ring than he shows ) and he's still over with the crowd.

Another is santino, hes made to look like such a fool and will never be taken seriously because of how they've used his character thus far, but he's super over and is one of the best on the mic right now, they need to find a better way to use him than being beth phoneix's lackey.

other than that id say everyone is about where they should be.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
They just started using MVP

I would say Chavo.  They dropped the ball when Eddie died.  They could have made Chavo a babyface

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »

I would say Chavo.  They dropped the ball when Eddie died.  They could have made Chavo a babyface

true, chavo has good charisma. but his size will forever hold him back.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:27:27 AM »
true, chavo has good charisma. but his size will forever hold him back.

I don't beleave that to be true.  Look at Eddie, and Mystero

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:15:39 AM »
I don't beleave that to be true.  Look at Eddie, and Mystero

theres always exceptions to the rule.

but eddie was juiced out of his mind and his muscle size definetely help offset his lack in height.

and chavo definetely is no rey mysterio lol.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 02:34:18 AM »
HULK HOGAN OR DOINK THE CLOWN Y U ASK BECAUSE THEY PUT BUTT'S IN SEATS

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 09:47:09 AM »
Mr. Kennedy has fucked up many opportunites- getting injured before supposed to be winning the world title after cashing in his money in the bank briefcase a few years ago, then getting busted for that signature pharmacy bullshit when he was supposed to be revealed as vinces "son" last year.

Now for guys who are under utilized, id say CM Punk is a big one, he never gets any time on the mic ( where he has great skill ), was made to look like fool when he was a transistional champ, has had the reigns put on him in the ring because of his style ( hes so much better in the ring than he shows ) and he's still over with the crowd.

Another is santino, hes made to look like such a fool and will never be taken seriously because of how they've used his character thus far, but he's super over and is one of the best on the mic right now, they need to find a better way to use him than being beth phoneix's lackey.

other than that id say everyone is about where they should be.

I'm hoping they do something with MVP now, but we'll have to wait and see.

I never knew Mr Kennedy was going to be Vince's son.  I remember him being pushed as one of the options, but then they went with Hornswoggle (which was one of the worst storylines I've seen).

I agree with Santino, whenever he's on screen he's engaging with people.  They don't seem to want to give him much ring time though.  I don't think it will be long before they split up him and Beth.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them fight each other for the Women's title at some point in the future (obviously when she gets it back).

With CM Punk, I think he's done well in the time he's been there.  In the last year he's won the World Title, Tag Title, and IC Title.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »
HULK HOGAN OR DOINK THE CLOWN Y U ASK BECAUSE THEY PUT BUTT'S IN SEATS
matt borne as doink great.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »

I agree with Chavo.  They've ignored him for quite a while now, leaving him to get coffee for Vicky!  I thought they might have done something when they brought Bam Neely in, but they never followed through with anything, and now Neely's gone.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »
I'm hoping they do something with MVP now, but we'll have to wait and see.

I never knew Mr Kennedy was going to be Vince's son.  I remember him being pushed as one of the options, but then they went with Hornswoggle (which was one of the worst storylines I've seen).

I agree with Santino, whenever he's on screen he's engaging with people.  They don't seem to want to give him much ring time though.  I don't think it will be long before they split up him and Beth.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them fight each other for the Women's title at some point in the future (obviously when she gets it back).

With CM Punk, I think he's done well in the time he's been there.  In the last year he's won the World Title, Tag Title, and IC Title.

yea but now hes stuck in that upper mid card, and after how they treated him as world champ, fans will never see him at that main event level.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 03:44:25 PM »
Finlay. They should have him ditch the midget move him to Raw and put him in the IC title picture instead of wasting him on ECW although it looks like he'll be feuding with Swagger.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 06:52:53 PM »
What about Jamie Noble?  I know he's only a little guy, but he's good on the mic when they let him.  All he seems to do is get squashed every time we see him.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »
What about Jamie Noble?  I know he's only a little guy, but he's good on the mic when they let him.  All he seems to do is get squashed every time we see him.

I think he is very underrated

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 07:03:29 PM »
Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat!

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
i like santino hes the funniest guy on the mic.

kane needs to be used. he needs to do something besides wrestle with no story line.

shelton benjamin is very similar to chris benoit that he doesnt need to be on the mic to put on a great show

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:40:40 PM »
i like santino hes the funniest guy on the mic.

kane needs to be used. he needs to do something besides wrestle with no story line.

shelton benjamin is very similar to chris benoit that he doesnt need to be on the mic to put on a great show

Santino is gold on the mic, even though I don't like his current drag queen storyline, he's still laugh out loud funny.

Kane has had so many storyline's that have gone nowhere in the last few years.  I wish they'd give him something decent.

The only thing holding Shelton back is his lack of mic skills.  He's gotten better recently, but not quite good enough yet.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 09:19:11 PM »
Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat!

One of the best of all time. Maybe had the best wrestlemania match ever with The Macho Man.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 01:49:47 AM »

One of the best of all time. Maybe had the best wrestlemania match ever with The Macho Man.

i didnt like that match too much rehearsals. macho man vs ultimate warrior that was a great match

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 04:03:52 AM »
Carlito & Primo Colon.

These two brothers came from a great wrestling family and can wrestle real well. They put on a sick show at wrestlemania in a dark match. If used properly, they can really go far.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »
Carlito & Primo Colon.

These two brothers came from a great wrestling family and can wrestle real well. They put on a sick show at wrestlemania in a dark match. If used properly, they can really go far.
I agree. Hopefully they can bring some legitmacy back to the tag division.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:22 AM »
I agree. Hopefully they can bring some legitmacy back to the tag division.
I remember the eighties being the best time for tag teams. Demolition, Bulldogs, Killer bees, Can-Am connection, Shiek & Volkoff, Hart Foundation, Islanders, etc.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »
Carlito & Primo Colon.

Good call.  I think Primo is the more talented of the two.