Author Topic: XBOX 360 RED RING OF DEATH - This is my story, share yours!  (Read 3752 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
XBOX 360 RED RING OF DEATH - This is my story, share yours!
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:54:48 PM »
So i decided to not go to gym today but instead, play LEFT 4 DEAD to kill some mother fucking zombies, after ending another hard week of watching tv at my office.

Got back home, picked the control, turned it on, ready for some action and boom, microsoft's worst nightmare: RED RING OF DEATH, 3 red lights flashing, i knew i was fucked.

So the first reaction was

"Fucking idiots that unlocked it, they fucked it, god dammit"

Then i thought

"I must be the idiot here for trusting them and being lazy and not unlock it by myself"

So i called them

"Hello, sir, xbox is flashing red lights, its over, i have a sort of "warranty" that you gave me..."

and before even finishing my question the guy said

"Thats not a unlock problem but ms's fault, maybe we can fix it, maybe NOT, this could be because you used it more than 2 hours, got some heat, chip died, sorry"

At this point i was pissed, not being able to play LEFT 4 DEAD, i didnt go to gym for this shitty console, i was ready to die for left 4 dead, just like muenzer died for bodybuilding!

So, the guy was right, when i play i do it the hardcore way, a pack of beers, no shirt, and all night long, but i was not ready to tell him the truth...so i said

"Look man, i only play on friday/saturday/sunday, maybe 1 hour, MAYBE 1 hour 30 minuts, but no more than that, im old, not some punk addicted to LIVE playing 24 hours"

The man replied with

"Oh well, thats what everybody say but look, if the console is dead, you dont worry about it, we will send it to microsoft, and they will give us a new one, just dont worry, this happens all the time"

I was confused, how could it be that a console without the warranty seals would be replaced by microsoft, the company i admire but also know how they deal with problems, so i said

"Umhh how do you plan to do that?"

and he said

"We've got contacts, we will give you a brand new one with all seals and you could even check the warranty and everything with them, you will see, you know how it "work" here"

So yeah, i got the message, it was going to be illegal, and im done with such things, so i said

"fair enough, tomorrow ill be there"

Hang up the phone, and went to the lovely and greatest site on earth, microsoft's support website. I quickly searched for the problem, and there was a way to fix this

1.- disconnect all cables, reconnect and test
2.- if #1 didnt work, call mexisoft's at your location.

So i did #1, turned it on and boom, left 4 dead was there, waiting for me, hdmi, blood all over my 42 plasma, once again mexisoft proved me why they are my favorite company!

;D

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: XBOX 360 RED RING OF DEATH - This is my story, share yours!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:43:09 PM »
I'd been out of the game loop for awhile..my lil bro finally talked me into getting a 360 and play halo (which I never played in my life)

I got it dec 07...played it about 10-15 times over the course of 10 months...lol

long story short...I decided to get madden since I took a few years off of playing it, so I get madden and turn the console on.

I start learning the controls again and the bastard froze. Kept freezing then I got the ring of doom sh*t.

I called micro and they walked me through clearing memory and removing everything..etc,etc..none of that sh*t worked.

Meanwhile I'm thinking "man i'm a grown a$$ married man up in here troubleshooting a damn video game over the phone with a 15 yr old 9:30 PM on a friday".... LOL

anyway....I had to ship that bastard in and get another one. That was about 4-5 months ago.....i've played it about 5-10 times since then so I'm about the same pace as before. lol

I gotta admit after a long day and I don't want to gym and wife is chill and it's raining it comes in handy for entertainment...if it works

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:33:14 AM »
I'd been out of the game loop for awhile..my lil bro finally talked me into getting a 360 and play halo (which I never played in my life)

I got it dec 07...played it about 10-15 times over the course of 10 months...lol

long story short...I decided to get madden since I took a few years off of playing it, so I get madden and turn the console on.

I start learning the controls again and the bastard froze. Kept freezing then I got the ring of doom sh*t.

I called micro and they walked me through clearing memory and removing everything..etc,etc..none of that sh*t worked.

Meanwhile I'm thinking "man i'm a grown a$$ married man up in here troubleshooting a damn video game over the phone with a 15 yr old 9:30 PM on a friday".... LOL

anyway....I had to ship that bastard in and get another one. That was about 4-5 months ago.....i've played it about 5-10 times since then so I'm about the same pace as before. lol

I gotta admit after a long day and I don't want to gym and wife is chill and it's raining it comes in handy for entertainment...if it works

Great story and its good to know im not alone when it comes about not going to gym but instead, play a great game!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »
My 360 shit the bed back in late November. First it was booting up with only sound and no image and then it flat out RRoD. I then spent the next 1.5 months arguing with Microsoft and multiple managers because they didn't have my Xbox's serial number in their database so they were telling me that it didn't exist. They said they had never seen anything like that. After finally getting it registered a few weeks ago I sent it back about two Fridays ago, it's already on its way back. Haven't even been able to play GoW2 yet.  :'(

That said, I'll still take a 360 > PS3 any day of the week.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:08:11 AM »
My 360 shit the bed back in late November. First it was booting up with only sound and no image and then it flat out RRoD. I then spent the next 1.5 months arguing with Microsoft and multiple managers because they didn't have my Xbox's serial number in their database so they were telling me that it didn't exist. They said they had never seen anything like that. After finally getting it registered a few weeks ago I sent it back about two Fridays ago, it's already on its way back. Haven't even been able to play GoW2 yet.  :'(

That said, I'll still take a 360 > PS3 any day of the week.

lol thats brutal, 1.5 months? rrod destroyed your gaming experience, sux. did they replace it for a new one or repaired it?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »
lol thats brutal, 1.5 months? rrod destroyed your gaming experience, sux. did they replace it for a new one or repaired it?

Didn't say. I'm assuming they just fixed it. Microsoft's cheap as fuck, so I'd be shocked if they sent a new one.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »
Didn't say. I'm assuming they just fixed it. Microsoft's cheap as fuck, so I'd be shocked if they sent a new one.

believe it or not i got a brand new one when i sent mine in. even crazier because the one that went RRoD was a used one i got from gamestop. mailed the machine with a few photos i took of all the pertinent information (just in case there was any issue) and a week and a half later a brand spankin new system lands on my doorstep.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »
believe it or not i got a brand new one when i sent mine in. even crazier because the one that went RRoD was a used one i got from gamestop. mailed the machine with a few photos i took of all the pertinent information (just in case there was any issue) and a week and a half later a brand spankin new system lands on my doorstep.

your story aint epic, put some effort and give details lol

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »

I hope so. Maybe they did send a new one considering the turn around on it. Was only a week after I sent it back that they were sending it back. Usually says to expect to wait 3+ weeks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »
I had to wait a month to get a new one. Now it doesnt connect online. Fucking Microsoft.  >:(

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 04:30:21 AM »
So i decided to not go to gym today but instead, play LEFT 4 DEAD to kill some mother fucking zombies, after ending another hard week of watching tv at my office.

Got back home, picked the control, turned it on, ready for some action and boom, microsoft's worst nightmare: RED RING OF DEATH, 3 red lights flashing, i knew i was fucked.

Then i thought

"I must be the idiot here for trusting them and being lazy and not unlock it by myself"

So i called them

"Hello, sir, xbox is flashing red lights, its over, i have a sort of "warranty" that you gave me..."

"Thats not a unlock problem but ms's fault, maybe we can fix it, maybe NOT, this could be because you used it more than 2 hours, got some heat, chip died, sorry"

At this point i was pissed, not being able to play LEFT 4 DEAD, i didnt go to gym for this shitty console, i was ready to die for left 4 dead, just like muenzer died for bodybuilding!

So, the guy was right, when i play i do it the hardcore way, a pack of beers, no shirt, and all night long, but i was not ready to tell him the truth...so i said

"Look man, i only play on friday/saturday/sunday, maybe 1 hour, MAYBE 1 hour 30 minuts, but no more than that, im old, not some punk addicted to LIVE playing 24 hours"

The man replied with

"Oh well, thats what everybody say but look, if the console is dead, you dont worry about it, we will send it to microsoft, and they will give us a new one, just dont worry, this happens all the time"

I was confused, how could it be that a console without the warranty seals would be replaced by microsoft, the company i admire but also know how they deal with problems, so i said

and he said

"We've got contacts, we will give you a brand new one with all seals and you could even check the warranty and everything with them, you will see, you know how it "work" here"

So yeah, i got the message, it was going to be illegal, and im done with such things, so i said

Hang up the phone, and went to the lovely and greatest site on earth, microsoft's support website. I quickly searched for the problem, and there was a way to fix this

So i did #1, turned it on and boom, left 4 dead was there, waiting for me, hdmi, blood all over my 42 plasma, once again mexisoft proved me why they are my favorite company!

;D
it all depends where the 3 rings are-----one placement of them means its only a loose cable connection like you had but if its the real 3 rings of death than there is nothing you can do

Ive had it happen to 2 xbox360's so far, they fix them for free but its annoying since it has nothing to do with how much you play, its going to happen to the 360 regardless, its a flaw with the system :-\

btw----pm me your xbox live handle so we can play some left 4 dead when my wife and baby are sleeping 8)

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 07:09:36 AM »
it all depends where the 3 rings are-----one placement of them means its only a loose cable connection like you had but if its the real 3 rings of death than there is nothing you can do

Ive had it happen to 2 xbox360's so far, they fix them for free but its annoying since it has nothing to do with how much you play, its going to happen to the 360 regardless, its a flaw with the system :-\

btw----pm me your xbox live handle so we can play some left 4 dead when my wife and baby are sleeping 8)

3 rings of death = left, left corner, right corner = thats what i got!

Im not playing online yet, never liked the idea but im about to buy the microphone, headset, everything just to log on and insult people lol.

I dont like to play online for one simple reason: Back in the days we used to play duke nukem or quake, there wasnt so many "experts" aka addicts, it was pretty fair, but these days, you log in and you get killed 20 times before you fall, its like a getbig version, you get smashed badly :(

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 07:41:01 AM »

Then i thought

So i called them

The man replied with

and he said

;D

Have you thought of maybe going outside ??? :-\

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 07:41:44 AM »
3 rings of death = left, left corner, right corner = thats what i got!

Im not playing online yet, never liked the idea but im about to buy the microphone, headset, everything just to log on and insult people lol.

I dont like to play online for one simple reason: Back in the days we used to play duke nukem or quake, there wasnt so many "experts" aka addicts, it was pretty fair, but these days, you log in and you get killed 20 times before you fall, its like a getbig version, you get smashed badly :(
dude online is the only way to play left for dead :-\

plus a lot of games are co-op so you dont have to deal with being killed a million times without killing anyone------I love playing co-op online, its way better than versus, its a lot more relaxed and fun--no frustration

online is the way to go-------a lot of times Ill start a game up and it will automatically download patches for it that the developers put online, plus you can download more content etc

dont just dismiss xbox live without trying it bro

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 08:01:21 AM »

Have you thought of maybe going outside ??? :-\

lol i do go outside, dont hate the player, hate the game!

dude online is the only way to play left for dead :-\

plus a lot of games are co-op so you dont have to deal with being killed a million times without killing anyone------I love playing co-op online, its way better than versus, its a lot more relaxed and fun--no frustration

online is the way to go-------a lot of times Ill start a game up and it will automatically download patches for it that the developers put online, plus you can download more content etc

dont just dismiss xbox live without trying it bro

yeah i guess ill try anytime soon, 14 million playing every day cant be wrong !

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »
Just curious? 

What would be worse:  Having your xbox die or your computer die?  Both with warranties, etc. 

I need my computer for school, but damn, xbox is not easy to live without.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 04:58:28 PM »
Just curious? 

What would be worse:  Having your xbox die or your computer die?  Both with warranties, etc. 

I need my computer for school, but damn, xbox is not easy to live without.

hardware these days doesnt fail like it used in the past, my recommendation for you is to buy a usb flash drive, maybe 16gb? or 32gb? and use a program to sync your import data from time to time, thats the best

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 07:04:43 PM »
My 360 shit the bed 8 months ago. Shipped it back to M'soft, and they told me it was unfixable, so they sent me a new one.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 01:58:07 AM »
Seriously, if you haven't tried playing games online, you gotta do so. Really great way to kill a few hours... ;)
HAHA, RON.....

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 05:45:21 AM »
My 360 shit the bed 8 months ago. Shipped it back to M'soft, and they told me it was unfixable, so they sent me a new one.

Did it die right when you were playing a game? how come theres no awesome story :(

Seriously, if you haven't tried playing games online, you gotta do so. Really great way to kill a few hours... ;)

I want to get my console banned, just to feel the power of microsoft!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »
i've been thinking about getting a 360, i just want resident evil 5 and GTA 4

are these older 360's crashing or are they all like that?

E
E

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 12:56:28 AM »
i've been thinking about getting a 360, i just want resident evil 5 and GTA 4

are these older 360's crashing or are they all like that?

E

As far as I know, it's not just the older ones. I had my 360 for 2 years, before it finally went to shit last year. Shipped it, got it back, and now playing it again. So far, so good...
HAHA, RON.....

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
Get a PS3. I am thinking about getting a X-box Elite and i thought they fixed that problem.
D

Psychophysio

• Getbig III
  • Worthless
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »
My 360 Elite just died. It comes back to life with the 4 towels for 20 minutes thing but then dies again when it cools down.

Need to find my receipt before I get on to Microsoft..... >:(
The jungle of the senses.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 07:23:08 AM »
 Hahahahahahahahahaaha
 Everybody keep saying " xbox360 has tons of games".
 But you can not play. hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha lmfao
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

:D

Btw: suck on this.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
Gracie Rules