Author Topic: Surprising things LOWER Testosterone  (Read 17116 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Surprising things LOWER Testosterone
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »
Bruce Lee shoulda kicked that guys ass.

Out of curiosity, what about cocaine??

I'd guess it would lower prolactin through increased dopamine production, but I don't think it inhibits dopamine reuptake, meaning production will inevitably wane and the user will crash.  It might have a marginal effect of T levels, but only if excessive prolactin was the inhibiting factor and then only for a short time until the body crashes, although any small rise in T would probably be more than offset by amphetamine catabolism and other detriments to general health.  (Yes, I know you were probably joking.)

Guys doing all this shit, wearing tin foil hats and rubbing tea leaves on their elbows, because some study says it will up test levels...  just live a normal, healthy lifestyle, eat well, workout regularly.  Anything that harms your general health but claims to raise T levels is bullshit.  If your test level is unacceptably low, go see an hrt doc.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »
So you're saying... Cocaine is basically good for me. Great!
U

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »
Easy there, Hoover.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »
Hannah Montana lowers testosterone. Top 40 music in general. TV commercials. Grocery stores. Malls.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 08:24:39 PM »
what about after committing an act of violence
Valhalla awaits.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 09:30:01 PM »
nothing would spike your stress and cortisol levels like being a virgin who doesnt listen to music, drink or even masturbate :-\

you're a retard liberalismo, and obviously one uptight boring dude

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 09:33:09 PM »
nothing would spike your stress and cortisol levels like being a virgin who doesnt listen to music, drink or even masturbate :-\

Are you an Aussie, NB?

Just wondering, because you have chopper as your avatar..... 8)

No doubt about it...

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 10:10:34 AM »
Are you an Aussie, NB?

Just wondering, because you have chopper as your avatar..... 8)

no

but there is always a time for a little bit of teh chop chop 8)

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »

Guys doing all this shit, wearing tin foil hats and rubbing tea leaves on their elbows, because some study says it will up test levels...  just live a normal, healthy lifestyle, eat well, workout regularly.  Anything that harms your general health but claims to raise T levels is bullshit.  If your test level is unacceptably low, go see an hrt doc.

Living a normal lifestyle is a surefire way to never get big.

Bodybuilders DO NOT LIVE NORMAL LIFESTYLES. Sacrifices must be made.

The size you gain is related to the amount you sacrifice.

This is true of anything in life. The more you sacrifice of one thing, the more you gain in another thing.

If you choose to do things that hurt bodybuilding progress only because they provide cheap thrills, you will always be less than your best.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »

I don't follow these things strictly myself.

I listen to music every now and then.

I drink beer every now and then.

But I haven't been sexually active for quite some time now.

I have not weigh myself recently, but I am around 155-165 (maybe 72kg) pound and I used to be at least 6'1", not sure how tall I am now though. Probably 6'0.5 - 6'1" (184-186 cm).

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »

Living a normal lifestyle is a surefire way to never get big.

Bodybuilders DO NOT LIVE NORMAL LIFESTYLES. Sacrifices must be made.

The size you gain is related to the amount you sacrifice.

This is true of anything in life. The more you sacrifice of one thing, the more you gain in another thing.

If you choose to do things that hurt bodybuilding progress only because they provide cheap thrills, you will always be less than your best.

Balance lesson not just kara-te, Danielsan.  Whole life need balance.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »
Balance lesson not just kara-te, Danielsan.  Whole life need balance.

That's a mythology.

Life isn't about total balance. There needs to be imbalances in certain places. An example would be hate. You don't want to balance love and hate equally.

vvv

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 01:26:32 AM »

ALL MUSIC LOWERS TESTOSTERONE.

"Subjects were split into even groups and played different kinds of music including their own choice of favorite, Gregorian chant, pop music, jazz, classical, and a final group was exposed to continuous silence."

Where the fuck you see hard rock or metal here? All this genres they used for testing relax people, only hard rock/metal makes people feel anger. Have you ever seen a study which proves classical, jazz etc lowers blood pressure but heavy metal raises it up? It's the same with test levels. It doesn't take a genius to understand such a simple thing, you should know that without idiotic studies.

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 04:58:58 AM »
Some interesting and surprising things that you would never expect can actually be BAD for bodybuilding and can lower testosterone levels...

Music Generally ANY TYPE of music can lower testosterone levels. So listening to music in the gym might actually be BAD.
http://johnhawks.net:84/node/765
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11458865

Sex Believe it or not, Sex can actually LOWER overall testosterone in the body. In general after an orgasm, Testosterone levels plummet to lower levels. People who abstain from sexual intercourse actually have higher testosterone levels than more sexually active people.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1elxf861chc5p9jv/

Alcohol Copious Alcohol use can lower testosterone levels drastically.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0847/is_n2_v15/ai_12490153

High Marijuana
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6316036

Tobacco

Lack of sleep

Stress free life Studies show that short term stress can temporary increase testosterone levels.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WG0-45F4M1V-29&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=041660786b5a553f67f564a1a1bb2cd1
MUSIC? I call bullshit on that one! Music helps improve many peoples workouts and harder workouts(though not immediately) can result in INCREASED Testosterone
...and don't tell that there aren't some songs that get you in the mood or aren't considered mood music.  ;)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 05:03:25 AM »
"Can't get enough of your love.................... ........................ ...babe."

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »
"Subjects were split into even groups and played different kinds of music including their own choice of favorite, Gregorian chant, pop music, jazz, classical, and a final group was exposed to continuous silence."

Where the fuck you see hard rock or metal here? All this genres they used for testing relax people, only hard rock/metal makes people feel anger. Have you ever seen a study which proves classical, jazz etc lowers blood pressure but heavy metal raises it up? It's the same with test levels. It doesn't take a genius to understand such a simple thing, you should know that without idiotic studies.

The point was that all of the forms of music profiled decreased testosterone.

Generally it's not music in itself that decreases testosterone, it's music that is enjoyed. For instance Rock music may decrease testosterone in someone who enjoys it but increase it in someone who hates it. This is an issue of stress reduction or increase.

One study on this includes:
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200520/000020052005A0716125.php

The measurement point was as follows: 1) Base (60 minutes before sitimuli): point -60; 2) before stimuli: point 0; 3) after stimuli: point +30; 4) 30 minutes after stimuli: point +60; and 5) 90 minutes after stimuli: point +120. In the male subjects, when listening to their favorite music, testosterone (T) decreased point 0 to point +30. When listening to music which they dislike, and under the control condition, T increased, while T decreased point +30 to point +60 in all three conditions. In the female subjects, T increased on all conditions immediately after beginning the stimuli, and it decreased from point +30 to point +60.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
MUSIC? I call bullshit on that one! Music helps improve many peoples workouts and harder workouts(though not immediately) can result in INCREASED Testosterone
...and don't tell that there aren't some songs that get you in the mood or aren't considered mood music.  ;)

It's all true.

But if you listen to music that you absolutely hate, it will cause temporary stress and INCREASE testosterone.

So....

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 01:31:21 PM »
Opiates like vicodin AND OXY will as well.
Most are all show no go!