Author Topic: Iran Says Obama's Offer To Talk Shows Failure  (Read 2643 times)

The Coach

Iran Says Obama's Offer To Talk Shows Failure
« on: January 31, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »
Again people, you CANNOT negotiate with a country who wants to kill you!

US President Barack Obama's offer to talk to Iran shows that America's policy of "domination" has failed, the government spokesman said on Saturday.
"This request means Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed," Gholam Hossein Elham was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.

"Negotiation is secondary, the main issue is that there is no way but for (the United States) to change," he added.

After nearly three decades of severed ties, Obama said shortly after taking office this month that he is willing to extend a diplomatic hand to Tehran if the Islamic republic is ready to "unclench its fist".

In response, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad launched a fresh tirade against the United States, demanding an apology for its "crimes" against Iran and saying he expected "deep and fundamental" change from Obama.

Iranian politicians frequently refer to the US administration as the "global arrogance", "domineering power" and "Great Satan".

Tensions with the United States have soared over Iran's nuclear drive and Ahmadinejad's vitriolic verbal attacks against Washington's close regional ally Israel.

Former US president George W. Bush refused to hold talks with the Islamic republic -- which he dubbed part of an "axis of evil" -- unless it suspended uranium enrichment, and never took a military option to thwart Tehran's atomic drive off the table.

The new administration of Obama has also refused to rule out any options -- including military strikes -- to stop Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

Iran denies any plans to build the bomb and insists its nuclear programme is solely aimed at peaceful ends.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Iran Says Obama's Offer To Talk Shows Failure
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 08:30:42 AM »
talk about failure.....Coach married 5 times !  :o

NT

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »

NT

4 :P

The Coach

Iran Says Obama's Offer To Talk Shows Failure
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 08:35:32 AM »

US President Barack Obama's offer to talk to Iran shows that America's policy of "domination" has failed, the government spokesman said on Saturday.
"This request means Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed," Gholam Hossein Elham was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.

"Negotiation is secondary, the main issue is that there is no way but for (the United States) to change," he added.

After nearly three decades of severed ties, Obama said shortly after taking office this month that he is willing to extend a diplomatic hand to Tehran if the Islamic republic is ready to "unclench its fist".

In response, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad launched a fresh tirade against the United States, demanding an apology for its "crimes" against Iran and saying he expected "deep and fundamental" change from Obama.

Iranian politicians frequently refer to the US administration as the "global arrogance", "domineering power" and "Great Satan".

Tensions with the United States have soared over Iran's nuclear drive and Ahmadinejad's vitriolic verbal attacks against Washington's close regional ally Israel.

Former US president George W. Bush refused to hold talks with the Islamic republic -- which he dubbed part of an "axis of evil" -- unless it suspended uranium enrichment, and never took a military option to thwart Tehran's atomic drive off the table.

The new administration of Obama has also refused to rule out any options -- including military strikes -- to stop Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

Iran denies any plans to build the bomb and insists its nuclear programme is solely aimed at peaceful ends.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »
"Bomb, bomb, bomb....bomb, bomb Iran..." 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 08:38:23 AM »
They're just rattling their sabers to act like they're significant in the grand scheme of things, which they're not. They seem to be content to worry about the rest of the world while their people suffer from massive inflation, the highest unemployment ever seen and a host of other problems.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 08:39:22 AM »

Didn't you read what you just copied and pasted?

And what's with the constant posting of political threads on the G&O?

No comprende Ingles Seņor?
As empty as paradise

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »
Didn't you read what you just copied and pasted?

And what's with the constant posting of political threads on the G&O?

No comprende Ingles Seņor?

Oui!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 08:42:27 AM »

NT
Which has nothing to do with the topic....
L

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 08:46:46 AM »
We're not at war with Iran..... ::)

Obama is right to go talk to him.  After all, they haven't shot at us or anything.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 08:47:06 AM »

Reagan negotiated with Russia, who said on many occasions they would destory us.

Was Reagan wrong?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »
This isn't even close to the same thing and if u don't understand that, there can't be much debate on the subject.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 08:49:27 AM »
Additionally, Obama didn't send them a creampuff letter.

He told them he doesn't want to wipe them off the map, but it's time they STFU and cut the nuke program.

They ARE someone we need to deal with.  15%+ of the world's oil comes outta that nation.  They have 70 million people right next door to iraq AND afghanistan.  If they decided to mine the waters one day, ONE HALF of the World Oil Supply would be frozen, with no means of delivery.

You have to deal with them, until of course, we find something besides gas to run our cars.  They're talking tough because Obama just told them to drop the nukes or get fvcked up.

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 08:49:53 AM »

Obama is right to go talk to him.  After all, they haven't shot at us or anything.

No, they've done worse like fund and supply the terrorists that are killing our troops.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 08:51:37 AM »
No? They build EFP"s and have trained the Mahdi army in Iraq. They have Qud's forces in Southern Iraq near Basra. They have given aid and protection to AQI as well as Al Sadr. They're thretening their neighbors and will cause a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan see them as a major threat.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »

North Korea set off a nuke.

North Korea said they would destroy california.

North Korea fired ICBMs at Hawaii.
     On the 4th of July.
     At the moment a Space Shuttle launched.

Did Bush negotiate with them after they did this?  YES HE DID.
Not only that, but he gave them ONE MILLION BARRELS OF OIL to stop firing missiles at us.  yes, they declared WAR on us, and we paid them to stop.

That is appeasement, guys.  Plain and simple.  Obama is writing a letter opening up diplomatic negotiations to avoid war with a country who hasn't fired ICBMs at hawaii on july 4th.  Big difference.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 08:52:34 AM »
No, they've done worse like fund and supply the terrorists that are killing our troops.
you're a good guy Joe but you're so fuccking lame with this bullshit, give the John Wayne cowboy mentality a break for awhile. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 08:52:46 AM »

As did Russia, with our nice little proxy war in vietnam and other places around the globe.

Reagan still dealt with them.

Face it, Obama is doing what reagan did.  Please shit on reagan's grave wihle you're at it

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »
Obama will get nowhere with this guy. He or we have to force the mullahs' to shit can him. If he keeps it up and backs Barry into a corner, Israel will act. The Likud party will take control of Israel in the next election and Netanyahu won't be fucked with.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 08:55:33 AM »
Obama will get nowhere with this guy. He or we have to force the mullahs' to shit can him. If he keeps it up and backs Barry into a corner, Israel will act. The Likud party will take control of Israel in the next election and Netanyahu won't be fucked with.

Maybe you're right. 

But we won't know until we actually negotiate.

They get to save a little face for their domestic voting block with a tough letter.  Nothing changes for us.  If ISR bombs them, great, it's between the two of them.  I sure would hate to see what happens to the USA when 1/2 of the oil we enjoy stops coming out of those straits.

Then again, a lot of people here who love war (but aren't serving) don't understand the economics of it (not a diss on you hh6)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:30 AM »
Ok 240 ur playing the moral equivalency game again....I don't care about Vietnam and the Russians. What I care about is a coffee can blowing through my 10 million dollar tank and killing my guys. Fuck Iran....fuck their oil. They can can glow. Or they can do the right thing and get rid of the shrimp and deal with the West.
L

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:59 AM »
 They're talking tough because Obama just told them to drop the nukes or get fvcked up.

"get fvcked up?"  I didn't read that anywhere.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
Ok 240 ur playing the moral equivalency game again....I don't care about Vietnam and the Russians. What I care about is a coffee can blowing through my 10 million dollar tank and killing my guys. Fuck Iran....fuck their oil. They can can glow. Or they can do the right thing and get rid of the shrimp and deal with the West.

I'm all for bombing them to kingdom come.

However...

I'm not "all for" riots in the USA because food stops coming to stores because Iran mines the straits and we stop getting oil.

That is what concerns me. 

You and your boys will be outta there in 2-3 years.  Something we've been rallying for several years now.

They have us economically held prisoner here.  My argument isn't about defending iran.  Screw them, I could care less.  It's about the economic repercussions of ending 1/2 world oil supply as we're teetering on the edge of financial meltdown.

This just isn't the time to do that.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

Maybe you're right. 

But we won't know until we actually negotiate.

They get to save a little face for their domestic voting block with a tough letter.  Nothing changes for us.  If ISR bombs them, great, it's between the two of them.  I sure would hate to see what happens to the USA when 1/2 of the oil we enjoy stops coming out of those straits.

Then again, a lot of people here who love war (but aren't serving) don't understand the economics of it (not a diss on you hh6)

And in order to prevent all the things we've posted over and over and over and over again from happening Obama might be forced to help Israel. They can bomb the nuke sites and remove that problem but they can't do everything to really stop Iran cold. I think the Mullahs will blink and force the hobbit it quit. IF oil stays at 44 bucks and their economy tanks, which it is, they will have enough of their own problems to deal with. Gas there is like 50 cents a gallon or was before oil fell.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 09:06:08 AM »
And in order to prevent all the things we've posted over and over and over and over again from happening Obama might be forced to help Israel. They can bomb the nuke sites and remove that problem but they can't do everything to really stop Iran cold. I think the Mullahs will blink and force the hobbit it quit. IF oil stays at 44 bucks and their economy tanks, which it is, they will have enough of their own problems to deal with. Gas there is like 50 cents a gallon or was before oil fell.

My first concern is getting us economy strong/surviving.

once we're back on top, bstrategic oil reseve is packed, then by all means, turn them loose and cook them.  I'm all for that.  I'm just saying you don't start a gunfight with 3 guys when you only have 2 bullets and you're ten miles from a hospital.  Keep negotiations going with iran, see where it goes.  fix economy in the meantime.  Then, in 2 years, let isr blast iran into the group.  I'll have smores with you over theiir burning nation, i'm cool with that :)