Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen Calls Wal-Mart Deal A Mistake  (Read 3933 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Bruce Springsteen Calls Wal-Mart Deal A Mistake
« on: January 31, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »

By Marc Middleton • Jan 30th, 2009 • Category: music news

NEW YORK (AP) — The Boss is owning up to a mistake. In an interview with Sunday’s New York Times, Bruce Springsteen says he shouldn’t have made a deal with Wal-Mart. This month, the store started exclusively selling a Springsteen greatest hits CD.

Some fans were critical because Springsteen has been a longtime supporter of worker’s rights, and Wal-Mart has faced criticism for its labor practices.

Springsteen told the Times that his team didn’t vet the issue as closely as he should have, and that he “dropped the ball on it.”

Springsteen went on to say: “It was a mistake. Our batting average is usually very good, but we missed that one. Fans will call you on that stuff, as it should be.”

Springsteen released his new CD “Working on a Dream” this week and is performing the halftime show at the Super Bowl.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Bruce Springsteen Calls Wal-Mart Deal A Mistake
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »
You think Bruce likes the fact he he is being overshadowed by Jennifer Hudson tomorrow?
E

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 05:43:04 PM »
You think Bruce likes the fact he he is being overshadowed by Jennifer Hudson tomorrow?

I THINK HE COULD CARE LESS BECAUSE THERE FAN BASE IN VERY DIFFERENT, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY DIE HARD JENNIFER HUDSON FANS UNLIKE THE BOSS WHO HAS A NATION IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND.  IN 5 YEARS JENNIFER HUDSON IS JUST GOING TO BE MEMORY, BUT ALONG THE WAY SHE IS JUST GOING EVEN FATTER AND POP OUT SOME BUGGERS   

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »

I THINK HE COULD CARE LESS BECAUSE THERE FAN BASE IN VERY DIFFERENT, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY DIE HARD JENNIFER HUDSON FANS UNLIKE THE BOSS WHO HAS A NATION IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND.  IN 5 YEARS JENNIFER HUDSON IS JUST GOING TO BE MEMORY, BUT ALONG THE WAY SHE IS JUST GOING EVEN FATTER AND POP OUT SOME BUGGERS   

I agree in terms of musicianship and who has the bigger fanbase, songs etc. It just seems that because of the deaths of her family she is getting all the attention. Not saying she shouldn't be, it was a horrible tragedy, just curious how Bruce feels about being overshadowed.
E

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »
I agree in terms of musicianship and who has the bigger fanbase, songs etc. It just seems that because of the deaths of her family she is getting all the attention. Not saying she shouldn't be, it was a horrible tragedy, just curious how Bruce feels about being overshadowed.

BUT LETS FLIP THE TABLES FOR A SECOND, HOW DOSE SHE FEEL ABOUT HAVING TO WORK WITH THE BOSS. ANY TRUE Bruce Springsteen FAN CAN SEE THROUGH THIS NETWORK PLOY FOR RATINGS, I MEAN AFTER ALL THEY ARE THREE HOTTER ARTIST RIGHT NOW LIKE Katy Perry, LEONA LEWIS, BRITNEY SPEARS, CHRISTINA AGUILERA. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

BUT LETS FLIP THE TABLES FOR A SECOND, HOW DOSE SHE FEEL ABOUT HAVING TO WORK WITH THE BOSS. ANY TRUE Bruce Springsteen FAN CAN SEE THROUGH THIS NETWORK PLOY FOR RATINGS, I MEAN AFTER ALL THEY ARE THREE HOTTER ARTIST RIGHT NOW LIKE Katy Perry, LEONA LEWIS, BRITNEY SPEARS, CHRISTINA AGUILERA. 

Leona is hotter at the moment, not sure about the others. Rihanna is arguably the "hottest" female singer right now.
E

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »
Rihanna HOW COULD SHE SLIP MY MIND...... DAMN WOLFGANG

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 11:58:20 PM »
I just burned all my Bruce Springsteen CD's and will(during the super bowl half time show) piss on an American flag filled with many $1 bills..

Millionaires are supposed to change the world, not fuck it up even more...

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN SOLD OUT AND HAS DONE SO FOR SOME TIME...HE NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
I just burned all my Bruce Springsteen CD's and will(during the super bowl half time show) piss on an American flag filled with many $1 bills..

Millionaires are supposed to change the world, not fuck it up even more...

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN SOLD OUT AND HAS DONE SO FOR SOME TIME...HE NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT...

Why don't you change the world instead of sitting by like a whiny pussy and expecting someone else to do it for you?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »

By Marc Middleton • Jan 30th, 2009 • Category: music news

NEW YORK (AP) — The Boss is owning up to a mistake. In an interview with Sunday’s New York Times, Bruce Springsteen says he shouldn’t have made a deal with Wal-Mart. This month, the store started exclusively selling a Springsteen greatest hits CD.

Some fans were critical because Springsteen has been a longtime supporter of worker’s rights, and Wal-Mart has faced criticism for its labor practices.

Springsteen told the Times that his team didn’t vet the issue as closely as he should have, and that he “dropped the ball on it.”

Springsteen went on to say: “It was a mistake. Our batting average is usually very good, but we missed that one. Fans will call you on that stuff, as it should be.”

Springsteen released his new CD “Working on a Dream” this week and is performing the halftime show at the Super Bowl.

For all his supposed regret, there is nothing in the story about him not cashing the checks.  I know "The Boss" has fans, but I personally think he's overrated.  One of those people that many think they "have to like." 
~

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »
Who the fuck is Jennifer Hudson?
S

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 12:48:02 PM »

She was on American Idol, then won an Oscar. Recently her family was killed and today is her first appearance since then.
E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »
Buce is a musical genius show some respect

DAWG

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »
  I know "The Boss" has fans, but I personally think he's overrated. 

x2 

I'm happy he is a successful man and makes thousands happy w/his music but things like this video give me chills of queerness

R

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 05:53:24 PM »

For all his supposed regret, there is nothing in the story about him not cashing the checks.  I know "The Boss" has fans, but I personally think he's overrated.  One of those people that many think they "have to like." 
    DON'T CROSS THE BOSS

SOME BIG MILK DUD WITH ARMS AND LEGS

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 07:24:50 PM »
THREE HOTTER ARTIST RIGHT NOW LIKE Katy Perry, LEONA LEWIS, BRITNEY SPEARS, CHRISTINA AGUILERA. 

1)katy Perry
2) Leona Lewis
3)Britteny Spears
4)Christina Aguilera

Three? ???

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 11:19:59 PM »
x2 

I'm happy he is a successful man and makes thousands happy w/his music but things like this video give me chills of queerness

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So True
S

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 02:34:13 AM »
I used to sell narcotics to him believe it or not. Him and the Big Man CC.

Just promise that you didn't sniff their underwear as well.   :D
~

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 05:57:17 AM »
At least he was up front about it being a fuckup.

He's done some excellent stuff but not everything is his best.  Just because you can do something great once in awhile doesn't mean you can repeat it every time.  "The Wrestler" is a drippy dud, just didn't hook me and I got the sense he didn't really give a shit about it.  Plenty of others that missed the mark too, but the good ones are legendary & some of my favorite songs of all time.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »
Why don't you change the world instead of sitting by like a whiny pussy and expecting someone else to do it for you?

I think by doing what I said above will help change the world...And if people like Bruce are going to hide behind certain things and be hypocritical on others, then calling these people out can help change the world...