Author Topic: GSP's training methods  (Read 2825 times)

zimanu

• Getbig II
GSP's training methods
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:25:27 AM »
Instead of arguing how big a pussy BJ is, I think we should learn about GSP's ways.

His strategies are clever, like in a chess game (not beserk, machos or brawling!), like when he said that he prefers to tapout then to have a injury to the arm or the brain... He knows how to remain in the game! Like Fedor, he leaves his emotions away and stays rationnal. He's not trying to proove he's tough, he's trying to win (and this implies a vision on the long term, not a macho attitude like "I'll never tapout" (I can't believe all these stupid comments I read))

He has a huge team around him. Training partners and coaches, all impressives. He's in a family of warriors, not of blood. He leaves the blood aside and searches for intelligent, spiritual partners, he wasn't afraid to change his whole environment.

He trains in different styles. By doing so, he's able to isolate more the different components of his game, instead of just always training mma style.

He trains from an international perspective. He may be from Quebec but trains with people from everywhere and uses scientific methods to improove his skills, rather then go to nationalisme, tribalism and stay with age old methods that need improving. We could say he leaves superstition out of the game, keeps it intelligent, rational, scientific.

And there's so much more to learn from him!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: GSP's training methods
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »
Instead of arguing how big a pussy BJ is, I think we should learn about GSP's ways.

His strategies are clever, like in a chess game (not beserk, machos or brawling!), like when he said that he prefers to tapout then to have a injury to the arm or the brain... He knows how to remain in the game! Like Fedor, he leaves his emotions away and stays rationnal. He's not trying to proove he's tough, he's trying to win (and this implies a vision on the long term, not a macho attitude like "I'll never tapout" (I can't believe all these stupid comments I read))
No argument, BJ is a huge pussy.

The comments you are whining about are ones that BJ himself made, about GSP. BJ's "macho attitude" got the shit kicked out of it last night, I hope BJ lays in his hospital bed for 20-30 minutes, then fucks himself.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »
No argument, BJ is a huge pussy.

The comments you are whining about are ones that BJ himself made, about GSP. BJ's "macho attitude" got the shit kicked out of it last night, I hope BJ lays in his hospital bed for 20-30 minutes, then fucks himself.
amen to that brother
I

zimanu

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, but I did start a new thread to get out of the already getting old joke about BJ's vagina and to learn from GSP's victory! I agree there is sometihng to learn about BJ's lost, but that was obvious before the fight, now...

DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT GSP'S METHODS?

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 11:28:39 AM »
I have something to say. i know george personally not too well but we have me before and rolled a few times. When I was asked to roll with GSP I couldnt understand how this would help him  he fights at 170 and I weigh atleast 290 on a good day however  fighing up hill is what makes fighting bj penn a walk in the park. When you feel the power of GSP he is as strong as any 250lb bb   
I

zimanu

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »
I have something to say. i know george personally not too well but we have me before and rolled a few times. When I was asked to roll with GSP I couldnt understand how this would help him  he fights at 170 and I weigh atleast 290 on a good day however  fighing up hill is what makes fighting bj penn a walk in the park. When you feel the power of GSP he is as strong as any 250lb bb   

a very interesting comment!

you live in Montreal?

zimanu

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
I tried what GSP does with is penis for a month, from a full moon to a full moon, and I got to say it works... it may be the simplest best tip ever!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, GSP did nothing with his penis... Nothing, for a while, before facing BJ...

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
a very interesting comment!

you live in Montreal?
no i do not I just travel alot. and have alot of friends

note  not as many as onlyme but I have a few
I

zimanu

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
no i do not I just travel alot. and have alot of friends

note  not as many as onlyme but I have a few

nice,
I trained a bit at his gym a while ago but he wasn't known, I don't even know if I saw him... he probably was too young (man, that gives me a shock... I'm old at 32... !!!)

anyway, I've trained most of my life in marginal places, parks with friends or weird styles, like aikibudo, taichiquan chen, pencack silat... sometimes i wish I'd done some pro things but... I guess I'm happied in anthropology and philosophy... to each his own! :)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »
ive rolled with gsp before his first fight with bj penn,gsp came to renzos academy in nyc to train under renzos watchful eye,he wanted renzo to help sharpen his bjj game.gsp trained under the watchful eye of john danaher,a nasty renzo blackbelt that is imho prolly one of the best in the world at having perfect bjj technique.when john and george rolled the first time,gsp was taking privates in the corner with john,most of the class stopped rolling and just watched.john caught george in a triangle in under 30 seconds,caught him in a armbar 1 minute later,caught george in a heelhook 1 minut later and it was cool.gsp didnt get pissed or anything, but to show you how fast gsp learns,after the month or so gsp was there john wasnt catching him as much as he did in the begining,but john clearly dominated him in pure submission wrestling and bjj.gsp is pretty good with a gi on also,like i said,it was just bjj,gi and no gi,i dont want anyone taking it the wrong way thinking that im saying john could kick gsp,s ass in the cage,im not implying that at all.gsp was there just to work on his bjj skills and nothing else.i rolled with gsp and i weighed 250 or so at that time and he threw me around ike a rag doll,destroyed me,subbed me at will and when gsp grabs you its like a oak tree came alive and these huge branches come out and squeezes the life out of ya,lol.hes a very powerful man and after he kicked my ass he came over and talked to me,said i have great potential and he thought i was a cool guy,the cool guy thing i excepted but the great potential thing was a joke in my mind,im a washed up old man just trying my best to just get through a grappling session without breaking one of my limbs off or tearing a muscle or tendon,lol.hes truely a very nice guy,one of the nicest guys youll ever come across in your life
R

zimanu

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »
ive rolled with gsp before his first fight with bj penn,gsp came to renzos academy in nyc to train under renzos watchful eye,he wanted renzo to help sharpen his bjj game.gsp trained under the watchful eye of john danaher,a nasty renzo blackbelt that is imho prolly one of the best in the world at having perfect bjj technique.when john and george rolled the first time,gsp was taking privates in the corner with john,most of the class stopped rolling and just watched.john caught george in a triangle in under 30 seconds,caught him in a armbar 1 minute later,caught george in a heelhook 1 minut later and it was cool.gsp didnt get pissed or anything, but to show you how fast gsp learns,after the month or so gsp was there john wasnt catching him as much as he did in the begining,but john clearly dominated him in pure submission wrestling and bjj.gsp is pretty good with a gi on also,like i said,it was just bjj,gi and no gi,i dont want anyone taking it the wrong way thinking that im saying john could kick gsp,s ass in the cage,im not implying that at all.gsp was there just to work on his bjj skills and nothing else.i rolled with gsp and i weighed 250 or so at that time and he threw me around ike a rag doll,destroyed me,subbed me at will and when gsp grabs you its like a oak tree came alive and these huge branches come out and squeezes the life out of ya,lol.hes a very powerful man and after he kicked my ass he came over and talked to me,said i have great potential and he thought i was a cool guy,the cool guy thing i excepted but the great potential thing was a joke in my mind,im a washed up old man just trying my best to just get through a grappling session without breaking one of my limbs off or tearing a muscle or tendon,lol.hes truely a very nice guy,one of the nicest guys youll ever come across in your life

Thanks for the share!

There's a saying in Quebec that we're the nicest people on earth, so nice, we'll let anyone invade us! ;)

GSP is not only an ambassadeur or mma, but of our homeland, he truly represents!

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
GSP FOR PRIME MINISTER 8)
I