Author Topic: Motivation to Eat BIG  (Read 3678 times)

grandpa

• Getbig I
Motivation to Eat BIG
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:48:36 AM »
Does anyone here have trouble finding motivation to eat even when they are not hungry?.  I am a tru hard gainer and I have the HARDEST trying to eat a lot of food.  My food source is great too, I live in a frat house so there is a buffet all day down stairs from like 7am to 10 pm.  Some of the food aint that healthy (chicken fingers, grilled cheese) but there is plenty of food that is, not to mention an endless supply of apples bananas, peanut butter, cottage cheese, skim milk and oatmeal 24hrs a day via the breakfast bar. 

Trouble is I try to eat a lot of food and split it up throughout the day but I'm just never that hungry.  I basically feel like Im forcing food down no matter what it is or how long it has been since i had last eaten.  Sometimes I get high just so Ill eat, but Im not a stoner and dont want to just be high all the time.  Im down to do some disgusting shit like toss a can o tuna in my protien shaker, mix it up and down it.  Yet no matter what when i way myself in the morning my scale will randomly generate a number between 172 and 180( im 5'11'' btw).  Its frustrating....

Point is I am looking for some advice on how to pack down some serious food. I can tell that I am just not eating enough and want to eat more, but it would be a whole hell of a lot easier if i was actually hungry.  What motivates you to eat?????

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
Re: Motivation to Eat BIG
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:09:12 AM »
I'm motivated to eat because I love the taste of food, they only thing I hate is preparation and cooking time but it looks like you've got that covered.

Just have a sit down with a bottle of thickened cream and spoon some down.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28:25 AM »
Man up and eat or drink whey protein isolate. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 06:16:32 AM »
Does anyone here have trouble finding motivation to eat even when they are not hungry?.  I am a tru hard gainer and I have the HARDEST trying to eat a lot of food.  My food source is great too, I live in a frat house so there is a buffet all day down stairs from like 7am to 10 pm.  Some of the food aint that healthy (chicken fingers, grilled cheese) but there is plenty of food that is, not to mention an endless supply of apples bananas, peanut butter, cottage cheese, skim milk and oatmeal 24hrs a day via the breakfast bar. 

Trouble is I try to eat a lot of food and split it up throughout the day but I'm just never that hungry.  I basically feel like Im forcing food down no matter what it is or how long it has been since i had last eaten.  Sometimes I get high just so Ill eat, but Im not a stoner and dont want to just be high all the time.  Im down to do some disgusting shit like toss a can o tuna in my protien shaker, mix it up and down it.  Yet no matter what when i way myself in the morning my scale will randomly generate a number between 172 and 180( im 5'11'' btw).  Its frustrating....

Point is I am looking for some advice on how to pack down some serious food. I can tell that I am just not eating enough and want to eat more, but it would be a whole hell of a lot easier if i was actually hungry.  What motivates you to eat?????

If you are a "hardgainer", then simply "eating" will not be enough to put on size. You will need to consume at least 6 meals a day. By “consume”, I means three solid meals and three liquid meals. The liquid meals will be MRPs (like MET-Rx or Myoplex) or weight gainers (Mass XXX, N-Large2, Up Your Mass, etc).

Since you're in college, consume your shakes during class, with the last one being after your workout (if you workout in the evening). To give your taste buds a break, try switching canned tuna with canned chicken. And, if you need an extra drink before bed, down a can of evaporated milk.

That should jump-start your size gains.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:33 AM »
do some cardio everyday, this will boost your appetite and get you motivated to eat.

also, rely more on whey shakes for protein... as they are much less fillling, less expensive and actually better for growth than meats anyways. this leaves more room for energy dense foods.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
do some cardio everyday, this will boost your appetite and get you motivated to eat.

also, rely more on whey shakes for protein... as they are much less fillling, less expensive and actually better for growth than meats anyways. this leaves more room for energy dense foods.

If he's going to rely on whey shakes, then, he'd might want to use weight gainers like CytoGainer or N-Large2. I used the latter years ago, and it's pretty good.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 12:14:50 PM »
put the food in your mouth, chew it and then chase it down with a big swig of water, classic force feeding.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »
If he's going to rely on whey shakes, then, he'd might want to use weight gainers like CytoGainer or N-Large2. I used the latter years ago, and it's pretty good.
true that also try eating meats and meals that arent so heavy but high in fat lots of steak shrimp tuna fish cans beer i am always hungry after drinking some goo ole beer or also try one of those sups like black hole or something that makes you hungry plus if you are working out enough you will always be hungry remember FEED THE MACHINE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »
true that also try eating meats and meals that arent so heavy but high in fat lots of steak shrimp tuna fish cans beer i am always hungry after drinking some goo ole beer or also try one of those sups like black hole or something that makes you hungry plus if you are working out enough you will always be hungry remember FEED THE MACHINE
first of all if one is trying to put on size alcohol is not something they should be consuming

second of all resistance training may stimulate appetite, but no where near the amount needed. i have a huge love of food and workout 6-7 days a week with high volume everybody part twice a week... i have to force feed.   

third = black hole is a great idea !

fourth = you dont want to consume low fat cuts of meat unless your dieting on a low fat diet...( which you shhouldnt do anyways)

grandpa

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 04:27:17 PM »
Wow ty for all the fast responses.  I never thought about using large amounts of liquid protein to gain, but it does make sense since they arent filling, just seems like a waste when i have so much free food at my disposal. 

We just had Sheperds Pie for dinner (f'ing delicious), must have consumed over a lb of straight up ground beef.  Not feeling so great though, time for a nap.

docroc

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »
I know it's out of season, but a great way to get alot of calories in a small amount of food is egg nog.

Ever tried cent sports? you can bet free money they give you and cash out with a check. 
http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=364587

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
first of all if one is trying to put on size alcohol is not something they should be consuming
second of all resistance training may stimulate appetite, but no where near the amount needed. i have a huge love of food and workout 6-7 days a week with high volume everybody part twice a week... i have to force feed.   

third = black hole is a great idea !

fourth = you dont want to consume low fat cuts of meat unless your dieting on a low fat diet...( which you shhouldnt do anyways)
dude beer has a nice source of cal carbs and antioxidents,,, 6-7 days a week high volume twice bodypart on most standards is over training man that quote right there make me question your traing skills and weather i would trust any training addvice you shell out.... and yes high amounts of alcohle disables protien synthisis but thats on alcohlic measures

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 07:14:33 PM »
well unless you are highly anabolic which tbombz is

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »

How I envy you........

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 04:54:46 AM »
Wow ty for all the fast responses.  I never thought about using large amounts of liquid protein to gain, but it does make sense since they arent filling, just seems like a waste when i have so much free food at my disposal. 

We just had Sheperds Pie for dinner (f'ing delicious), must have consumed over a lb of straight up ground beef.  Not feeling so great though, time for a nap.

Even if you have access to a lot of free food, gorging yourself at one or two meals isn’t going to cut it. You need to consume more meals more often. That means either eating six solid meals or eating three and drinking three.

I had access to free food in college too, as my scholarship paid for my room and board. I STILL ended up having to buy supplements (namely weight gainer, protein powder, and eventually eggs and beef) to help me put on mass.

You have to be able to take your meals with you and eat, according to schedule. That means pre-packing your meals and/or weight-gainer/protein powder. If you’re waiting until you get to the frat house or cafeteria to eat, chances are you’ve let WAY too much time pass between meals. Stuffing yourself at lunch or dinner, in an attempt to compensate for that, will not be effective.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
dude beer has a nice source of cal carbs and antioxidents,,, 6-7 days a week high volume twice bodypart on most standards is over training man that quote right there make me question your traing skills and weather i would trust any training addvice you shell out.... and yes high amounts of alcohle disables protien synthisis but thats on alcohlic measures
i dont mean for this response to sound rude or "curt"...however i just wrote a big long response to this, then it somehow lcicked off the screen and got deleted... so, im just gonna summarize

overtraining by what standards ? by standards of the inexperienced and uneducated.... thats by whose standards...

alcohol is nto a good source of anything except a poison which effects body composition negatively.  low in calories and carbs, small amounts of anti dioxidants. high in alcohol. alcohol dehyrates, impairs anabolic genes, turns on lipogenic genes.     the small amount of anti dixidants do not in anyway come close to compensating for even one of these negative attributes of alcohol. alcohol is not healthy , not in any amount. not in one light beer, not in a glass of wine, not at night to help you sleep (and whjile yes alcohol might put you to sleep, the sleep doesnt actually let yourmmind get the rest it needs as alcohol inhibits you from the rem sleep)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »
alcohol is nto a good source of anything except a poison which effects body composition negatively.  low in calories and carbs, small amounts of anti dioxidants. high in alcohol. alcohol dehyrates, impairs anabolic genes, turns on lipogenic genes.     the small amount of anti dixidants do not in anyway come close to compensating for even one of these negative attributes of alcohol. alcohol is not healthy , not in any amount. not in one light beer, not in a glass of wine, not at night to help you sleep (and whjile yes alcohol might put you to sleep, the sleep doesnt actually let yourmmind get the rest it needs as alcohol inhibits you from the rem sleep)

You're going a little overboard here. Moderate consumption of dark beer & red wine is fine & won't hurt you. The problems arise when you overdo it (i.e. having 5-6 drinks a day instead of 1-2).

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 02:13:02 PM »
You're going a little overboard here. Moderate consumption of dark beer & red wine is fine & won't hurt you. The problems arise when you overdo it (i.e. having 5-6 drinks a day instead of 1-2).
maybe it wont have any significant impact, vbut the idea that a glass of win at night is actually "healthy" is outright false.

the idea that a small amount of anti dioxidants asuddenly outweeighs the alcohol content and the liquid carbs...  ehhh    i hear the big mac super size meal with milkshake has a few anti dioxidants in it too..you know..the lettucs and tomoato in the burger....  :D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
maybe it wont have any significant impact, vbut the idea that a glass of win at night is actually "healthy" is outright false.

the idea that a small amount of anti dioxidants asuddenly outweeighs the alcohol content and the liquid carbs...  ehhh    i hear the big mac super size meal with milkshake has a few anti dioxidants in it too..you know..the lettucs and tomoato in the burger....  :D

You're missing the moderation part. One drink a day is fine & won't set you back...go overboard & you'll be in trouble.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Squat Big to Eat Big and Get Big
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 02:18:42 PM »

Do you do squats to failure? That will make you big and hungry as a mother fucker!

Good luck! ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
You're missing the moderation part. One drink a day is fine & won't set you back...go overboard & you'll be in trouble.
well....eh... alcohol is not something natural to humans... regardless of how moderate the intake is... its not supposed to be in the body.... there is no analogue... its a not a synthetics version of anything... its a posion... no more no less

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 02:25:59 PM »
well....eh... alcohol is not something natural to humans... regardless of how moderate the intake is... its not supposed to be in the body.... there is no analogue... its a not a synthetics version of anything... its a posion... no more no less

Taylor, the same could be said for most drugs, nearly all food additives, etc...

Please explain to me how coming home from work & having a pint of Guinness with a fairly healthy dinner will kill me. Take note that I said one pint not ten.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
Taylor, the same could be said for most drugs, nearly all food additives, etc...

Please explain to me how coming home from work & having a pint of Guinness with a fairly healthy dinner will kill me. Take note that I said one pint not ten.
i cant explain how it will kill you, as it will not kill you, and i never claimed it would.

however i already explained how it will be detrimental to progress... and unhealthy to boot

to each their own...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »
i cant explain how it will kill you, as it will not kill you, and i never claimed it would.

however i already explained how it will be detrimental to progress... and unhealthy to boot

to each their own...

You know what I meant though I know it won't kill you (it was a figure of speech). You're acting like alcohol is the worst thing in the world. All I'm saying is moderate alcohol use is fine & can have some benefits - no more, no less.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »

to each their own...

Explain how dianabol is natural to humans & that humans should be ingesting it.  ;D