Author Topic: Most overrated on the WWE roster?  (Read 12638 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Most overrated on the WWE roster?
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 11:57:20 AM »
I cannot say if Shawn deserves the win or not? The guy has already had the most glamorous career already. Taking the streak wouldn't make him look that much greater? His Legacy is already set in stone. Loosing the streak will definitely make the Undertaker look really bad though.

HBK looses the match with some sorta controversy and doesn't have to retire. Next Mania Undertaker faces Cena. Wins. Then retires.
I was hoping to see a HHH vs HBK match. But I am now starting to accept a sequal to a Taker vs HBK match. I still say they should have had a buried alive match. We've already seen them in a hell in the cell.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »
Batista. I hate that guy. I change the channel when he comes on. His Tats are so incredibly weak. Especially the one on his back!

I read somewhere in this forum that Batista used to be a real badass b efore joining wwe.
S

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »
Batista had a hard life. He grew up in the prjects of Washington DC. His father left him and his mother and sister to fend for themselves. He lived a very tough life and weak tats or not, the guy is 6'5" and is huge and ripped to the bone. I'm sure he could easily rip apart anyone in his path and still make time for a coffee.

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 09:14:39 PM »
what about the biggg khalid? is he overrated?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:28 AM »
what about the biggg khalid? is he overrated?
The Great Khali was stricty hired based on his size. Just like Giant Gonzolas was back in the day. Vince likes big guys as he markets the crap out of them.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »
The Great Khali was stricty hired based on his size. Just like Giant Gonzolas was back in the day. Vince likes big guys as he markets the crap out of them.
Agreed, honestly who can expect a man over 7 feet to have the technical abilities of Lance Storm, Bret Hart or Chris Jericho.  They are there because of their size. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »

Those were some painful matches to watch...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 07:27:53 AM »
Edge is way better as a heel and thats where he saw the bulk of his sucess and run as heavyweight champion.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2010, 06:53:28 AM »
It's what I call the weapon of last defense. Either you fued with VKM or you join forces with him. Our latest candidate? Batista. New Tats and all. Anytime any star needs a push they turn to the Federations biggest star VKM.
He should have a good match with Cena at WM. They can put on a good show as they click well together in the ring.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2010, 05:07:25 AM »

Sorry bro but Chavo is very underrated. 
I agree, a lot of talent that could be used. On of the best drop kicks in the game.
TEAM LESNAR

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 05:24:10 AM »
I agree, a lot of talent that could be used. On of the best drop kicks in the game.
Agreed 100%

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 07:03:20 AM »
Batista is a much better heel then a face.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2010, 09:06:39 AM »
Koslov is fucking brutal - now WWE would say that hes getting heat and he is, but its because hes so fucking inept in the ring that people are screaming at him to make him aware of how shit he truly is.

Awful.

They buried Koslov. Remember in 2008, he was beating everyone in sight. And in early 2009, he got a CLEAN WIN OVER THE UNDERTAKER on Smackdown as was being promoted as the guy to challenge 'Taker and his undefeated WrestleMania streak.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 05:39:56 AM »
They buried Koslov. Remember in 2008, he was beating everyone in sight. And in early 2009, he got a CLEAN WIN OVER THE UNDERTAKER on Smackdown as was being promoted as the guy to challenge 'Taker and his undefeated WrestleMania streak.
The problem there isn't with Koslov'swrestling skill. Its his mic skills. He is far too stale. He used to come to the ring with no entrance music until they gave him that cheezy ruccian track. He cannot deliver a promo if his life depended on it. Sad but fact. To be successful in pro wrestling you must have the total package (no pun intended to luger's name, lol). You need to be able to wrestle, pop the crowd, do good promo's and more importantly DRAW.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 06:49:25 AM »
Unless you're a "Benoit."
And, let's be glad that more people AREN'T.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 06:51:10 AM »
The problem there isn't with Koslov'swrestling skill. Its his mic skills. He is far too stale. He used to come to the ring with no entrance music until they gave him that cheezy ruccian track. He cannot deliver a promo if his life depended on it. Sad but fact. To be successful in pro wrestling you must have the total package (no pun intended to luger's name, lol). You need to be able to wrestle, pop the crowd, do good promo's and more importantly DRAW.

This is where the old school had it right with managers.  They weren't just props....they actually got over the talent who couldn't cut promos.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2010, 06:58:41 AM »
This is where the old school had it right with managers.  They weren't just props....they actually got over the talent who couldn't cut promos.

Heenan usually sold his "clients'" shots better than they did.
Bobby managed like a wrestler & wrestled like a manage.
Genius.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 08:57:03 AM »

Heenan usually sold his "clients'" shots better than they did.
Bobby managed like a wrestler & wrestled like a manage.
Genius.

The classic managers of the eighties were GOLD. Bobby Heenan, Mr.Fuji, Jimmy Hart, Johnny Valient & Freddy Blassie / Slick were simply the best.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
The classic managers of the eighties were GOLD. Bobby Heenan, Mr.Fuji, Jimmy Hart, Johnny Valient & Freddy Blassie / Slick were simply the best.

I always thought Paul Ellering was very under-rated, especially his early work in georgia....the guy is brilliant and it comes thru in his interviews.

Also, I would add Skandar Akbar, Paul Jones (he put over the PoP and Fernandez and Rood very well, Sir Oliver Humperdink, Cornette and JJ Dillon.....I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton, but those are off the top of my head.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:04 AM »
I always thought Paul Ellering was very under-rated, especially his early work in georgia....the guy is brilliant and it comes thru in his interviews.

Also, I would add Skandar Akbar, Paul Jones (he put over the PoP and Fernandez and Rood very well, Sir Oliver Humperdink, Cornette and JJ Dillon.....I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton, but those are off the top of my head.
Absolutely. I was referring to WWE managers. There are tons more and you provided beautiful examples.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2010, 09:40:29 AM »

Valiant was a much better manager than wrestler.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »

Valiant was a much better manager than wrestler.
He was funny as shit on the mic too when he did the odd commentary.