Author Topic: Most overrated on the WWE roster?  (Read 12609 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Most overrated on the WWE roster?
« on: February 02, 2009, 11:45:56 AM »
We've discussed the most underrated, so what about the most overrated?  Who gets too much exposure, got a push they didn't deserve, shouldn't even be on TV?

My first thought is Brian Kendrick.  I don't get what his character is supposed to be, I don't enjoy his matches, and I can't see what they're doing with him.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Most overrated on the WWE roster?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
Randy Orton.

If you want to talk about guys who are getting a push that should not I think Bladamir Kozlov,  Mike Knox.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:17 PM »
Batista. I hate that guy. I change the channel when he comes on. His Tats are so incredibly weak. Especially the one on his back!

I don't mind Batista that much.  I know what you mean about the tats, you can hardly tell what they are supposed to look like, and they're all faded as well.  I'm afraid when he comes on the TV, I'm not allowed to change the channel cos my gf has a thing for him ( ???) !!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 09:28:17 PM »
Randy Orton.

If you want to talk about guys who are getting a push that should not I think Bladamir Kozlov,  Mike Knox.

I'm not keen on Mike Knox either.  They seem to like having a weird psycho character who beats up the smaller guys all the time, but Kane does that perfectly well.  They tried the same thing with Snitsky, but he never got anywhere.

After watching tonight, I'm adding Candice Michelle to the list.  She hasn't looked very fluid in the ring for a while now.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:41 PM »

Bladamir Kozlov, 

I happened to catch a wwe show when this guy was on. He seems out of time. He would've made a great heel back in the day when Bruno Sammartino was champ, but, against a modern day champ like HHH it just doesn't work.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 04:53:58 AM »
Koslov is fucking brutal - now WWE would say that hes getting heat and he is, but its because hes so fucking inept in the ring that people are screaming at him to make him aware of how shit he truly is.

Awful.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:18:13 AM »
Koslov is fucking brutal - now WWE would say that hes getting heat and he is, but its because hes so fucking inept in the ring that people are screaming at him to make him aware of how shit he truly is.

Awful.

Thats called X Pac heat.  People don't like you not because your a good heel, but because you suck .

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 06:50:57 AM »
Matt and Jeff Hardy.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 06:17:42 PM »
Matt and Jeff Hardy.

I can see where you're coming from with Matt, I've always found him to be a bit anonymous, no personality.  I think with Jeff though, if you discount his activities out of the ring, he's always been willing to do the things other people maybe wouldn't do, and that shows in the way the fans respond to him.  His wrestling looks a bit uncoordinated at times, I must admit. 

Mr. big

• Getbig II
  • Drink and be merry for tommorow you die...sucka!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »
I hate CHAVO GUERRERO this clown sucks and the GM of smackdown Wife of Eddie Guerrero.
+

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »
I hate CHAVO GUERRERO this clown sucks and the GM of smackdown Wife of Eddie Guerrero.

Sorry bro but Chavo is very underrated. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »
Rey is a little overrated IMO. He has no business in the world title picture and his run as champ was awful and terribly booked.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »
Rey is a little overrated IMO. He has no business in the world title picture and his run as champ was awful and terribly booked.

I could not agree more

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »
I could not agree more
I mean i've met the dude and he's about 5 foot 3 on his best day. It's hard to but him beating Kane, Batista, Cena etc.. That whole thing after Eddie died pissed me off, that was so annoying.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »
I mean i've met the dude and he's about 5 foot 3 on his best day. It's hard to but him beating Kane, Batista, Cena etc.. That whole thing after Eddie died pissed me off, that was so annoying.

Yeah I have meet him as well, he made me feel so big ha ha

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 05:52:38 PM »

I never understood why they made a 175lbs(ish) guy the World HEAVYweight Champion.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 05:37:07 AM »
I never understood why they made a 175lbs(ish) guy the World HEAVYweight Champion.

Agreed, there is suspending peoples disbelief and theres taking the piss.....Rey holding the title was taking the piss.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
Think about the main event for Wrestlemanie III. When I was a kid I'd never ever dream one of the Rockers would ever be world champ. Now I'm surprised Chyna never won it!

I beleave Chyna was noly IC champ my man.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »
Chris Jericho...just kidding  ;D

Tough question I will have to think about it. 

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »
I know she won that. I said I'm suprised they never let her win the World Title. Anyone can become champ. The title means nothing like when Hogan and Bret held it. I don't even know who the champions are now? Because the titles don't mean jack.

I agree with you 100%. The same with all the titles.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 03:19:54 PM »

I agree with you 100%. The same with all the titles.

Karl, related to this topic, I used to belong to a website in the mid 90's where we discussed wrestling.  Many of the younger guys talked about how titles were always used to put over talent that coudn't do it otherwise...we older guys said that it was only a new thing in the 90's because in the older days it was most often the top draws who held titles.  Were we correct?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
Karl, related to this topic, I used to belong to a website in the mid 90's where we discussed wrestling.  Many of the younger guys talked about how titles were always used to put over talent that coudn't do it otherwise...we older guys said that it was only a new thing in the 90's because in the older days it was most often the top draws who held titles.  Were we correct?

There aren't many people on the WWE roster who've never held a belt.  I think the titles are used very much for putting wrestlers over.  I'm sure many of them could still have done it without a title reign, but there is not enough patience among fans to see a wresler develop and build up to being a title holder.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 05:51:04 PM »
There aren't many people on the WWE roster who've never held a belt.  I think the titles are used very much for putting wrestlers over.  I'm sure many of them could still have done it without a title reign, but there is not enough patience among fans to see a wresler develop and build up to being a title holder.

Oh, I agree that they are now...but they were arguing that it has always been the case.  I don't think they were used that way until the 90's.  Now, they are meaningless.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »
Hulkster and Bret. Thats when the title meant something. I don't even know all the titles nowadays. The only real title out there to get is Undertakers undefeated title at Mania.

I don't think he will ever lose at Wrestlemania.  I've read that he's not opposed to the idea of losing, but he wants it to be someone who will be a huge star.  It probably could have been someone like Brock or Lashley, but they both left the company after they were given a huge push.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »
There's one last historical fued left between Undertaker and Shawn. They're gonna go back into the cell for sure. I think if anyone beat The Undertaker at Mania it's gonna be the Show Stopper. Seeing tonights smackdaown though. Nobody is gonna beat Undertaker anytime soon. The guy is better then ever. And with a submission move added to the repitoire. He's just the total package. Top five, if not the greatest ever?

I'll agree with that, the guys been on top of his game for so many years.  He's had feud's with so many people over the years there are a few people who could be in the picture to take away his unbeaten streak.