Author Topic: use more energy on a treadmill than walking outside...equal "time"/speed/incline  (Read 1395 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
the faster you move through space, the slower you experience time.

if one sent a friend into space on a trip for a few decades, and the friend was going the speed of light throughout the trips duration, when the friend returned back a few decades later, it would appear as if they havent aged a day. and physiologically they wouldnt have aged either.

since on a treadmill your not moving through space at any type of speed, and outside walking you are moving thrrough space at a measurable speed, then your body will experience "30 minutes" of cardio as a shorter amount of time if your outside walking, than if your inside on a treadmill.   

:D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
so, in effect, you will use more energy on a treadmill than walking outside with equal "time"/speed/incline during both types of cardio.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
TREADMILL = LLIMDEAET = ILL MD EAT = I'll Eat McD

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
I dunno....
No doubt about it...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
they have proven this...

there are certain kinds of tiny creatures .... microbes or somehting.... which have lifespans of only a few nano seconds...  they put them in this long under ground tunnel and 'shoot" them at a very high speed, slose to the speed of light..... they "live" for MUCH longer than the normal few nano seconds.... thats because they arent experiencing time at the same speed as we are...they are traveling through space much faster than we are..

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Actually moving thru space takes more energy, BUT if the treadmill's used with a significant incline it can be alot more demanding than walking, then it's more like serious cardio, which most walking isn't.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
national geographics television show "naked science"

always very interesting stuff

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
All i know is that if you are going to walk on a treadmill, you must have it set to an incline. Walking on a treadmill with no incline is essentially the same as walking down a slight decline...
No doubt about it...

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
wow candizzle some groundbreaking stuff here  ::)

if you read basic physics in school instead of doing drugs you might have known about this already...

btw.. moving through space in walking pace makes insignificant difference....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
wow candizzle some groundbreaking stuff here  ::)

if you read basic physics in school instead of doing drugs you might have known about this already...
i took the same science classes as everybody else i just didnt do any of the work

if they would have taught this i would have known it

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
I thought the same thing too. Currently I'm getting ready for a LEO PT test and for about 3 months while it was cold ran strictly on a treadmill. I thought I would be in better shape since I varied the inclines with each work out till the weather permitted me to train outside. WRONG!...By the time i tested myself on pavement I was winded within the first quarter mile at the same pace i would normally run. You don't deal with wind shear or the demands of the heat or cold when on a treadmill and the belt helps propel youself forward. It makes alot of difference believe me. When i conditioned myself to running outside and went back to the treadmill I found myself outrunning the belt at the highest speed at the highest incline.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
a body moving through space at the fastest speeds we can take them (30,000 miles per hour or so) will experience a difference in time to a body on earth's surface at somewhere in the picosecond region. the only reason you'd even bring up the topic is so people will think you sound smart.

you have to realize the way the theory works isn't geometric, not like if you move at half light speed you'll age half as fast or something. ::)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
a body moving through space at the fastest speeds we can take them (30,000 miles per hour or so) will experience a difference in time to a body on earth's surface at somewhere in the picosecond region. the only reason you'd even bring up the topic is so people will think you sound smart.

you have to realize the way the theory works isn't geometric, not like if you move at half light speed you'll age half as fast or something. ::)

Mr. "tbombz" here is in fact, on drugs and his perspective of reality is a bit skewed.
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

the way it was explained was 'geometric'...i brought it up because it was interesting...sorry, im not a physicist like you magoo

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
the faster you move through space, the slower you experience time.

if one sent a friend into space on a trip for a few decades, and the friend was going the speed of light throughout the trips duration, when the friend returned back a few decades later, it would appear as if they havent aged a day. and physiologically they wouldnt have aged either.

since on a treadmill your not moving through space at any type of speed, and outside walking you are moving thrrough space at a measurable speed, then your body will experience "30 minutes" of cardio as a shorter amount of time if your outside walking, than if your inside on a treadmill.   

:D

I think you're missing the basic point of relativity here.