Author Topic: Gunter considering 09 comeback  (Read 4802 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Gunter considering 09 comeback
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 04:11:47 AM »
Haha someone needs to post that pic of his tiny bicep obviously while he was off.  The one where he's flexing it!  Gunther is all drugs.  He could most definitely bounce back.  Any of these pros could.  They are all drugs. 

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 06:46:11 AM »
Haha someone needs to post that pic of his tiny bicep obviously while he was off.  The one where he's flexing it!  Gunther is all drugs.  He could most definitely bounce back.  Any of these pros could.  They are all drugs. 

exactly..it's not like they're relying on their own hormonal output is it?

Damn good points!  ;)
just not good enough

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 07:14:41 AM »
Actually, assuming he was off juice the last year or so, he could have a tremendous response to gear . He could actually be even better than he was before. Levrone could blow up 50 pounds or so now real quick if he wanted to as well. The drugs work better when you've been off for an extended period. Even though Arnold wasn't at his best in 1980, he blew up unbelievably in less than 10 weeks on gear after not competing for 5 years. Also, some people respond better to hormones than others. 

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 07:32:07 AM »
Actually, assuming he was off juice the last year or so, he could have a tremendous response to gear . He could actually be even better  than he was before. Levrone could blow up 50 pounds or so now real quick if he wanted to as well. The drugs work better when you've been off for an extended period. Even though Arnold wasn't at his best in 1980, he blew up unbelievably in less than 10 weeks on gear after not competing for 5 years. Also, some people respond better to hormones than others. 

You realize you shot yourself in the foot with that example of Arnold, right?
just not good enough

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 08:00:39 AM »
Lmao, there is no way Arnold was off the sauce until he got into politics.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 11:00:59 AM »
Lmao, there is no way Arnold was off the sauce until he got into politics.
I saw him several times in 78 and 79 and he was pretty small. He couldn't have weighed more than 205-210. Doubt he was on the sauce then.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
You realize you shot yourself in the foot with that example of Arnold, right?
Not really, to not compete or train really hard for 5 years and then to juice and train for 10 weeks and show up on the Olympia stage is pretty amazing. Whether he should have won or not, he was definitely top 5. I doubt too many people could have pulled that off.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
Actually, assuming he was off juice the last year or so, he could have a tremendous response to gear . He could actually be even better than he was before. Levrone could blow up 50 pounds or so now real quick if he wanted to as well. The drugs work better when you've been off for an extended period. Even though Arnold wasn't at his best in 1980, he blew up unbelievably in less than 10 weeks on gear after not competing for 5 years. Also, some people respond better to hormones than others. 
they work better? nah... they bring you back up to where you were...because youve gotten alot smaller..... AAS dont work better by coming off....  if you come off, youll lose size, then when you go bakc on youll regain that size very quickly.. thats muscle memory, not the drugs working better......     hormones(AAS) work better and better with time... not the other way...

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 11:21:24 AM »
they work better? nah... they bring you back up to where you were...because youve gotten alot smaller..... AAS dont work better by coming off....  if you come off, youll lose size, then when you go bakc on youll regain that size very quickly.. thats muscle memory, not the drugs working better......     hormones(AAS) work better and better with time... not the other way...
Not quite true. There comes a point where the body no longer has the same response. That's why there's a lot of guys on hormone replacement ,that find in the early stages their libido improves, they put on muscle burn fat. Then after a few years, the libido actually diminishes and doesn't respond with even higher doses. One of the reasons I won't do HRT yet.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »

Epic trying to mimmick the gh15 posting style. His cock is so far down your throat it's ridiculous. Admit you idolize him.
from incomplete data

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
Not really, to not compete or train really hard for 5 years and then to juice and train for 10 weeks and show up on the Olympia stage is pretty amazing. Whether he should have won or not, he was definitely top 5. I doubt too many people could have pulled that off.

Not that amazing considering he was only 33 years old when he made his comeback,

Just think that Ronnie won his 1st Mr.O at 34 still a year older than Arnold's last one.

WOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 02:54:47 PM »
If Gunter came back with his 2002 or 2005 shaoe he will be Mr. Olympia.

i agree. he was awesome...a little different to what we're used to, but balanced and polished nonetheless...

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
i agree. he was awesome...a little different to what we're used to, but balanced and polished nonetheless...

Hes how a Mr. Olympia should look like and act like.

6 months have passed and yet we havent seen "Dex" come and talk to any tv show etc so bbing can get some exposure to the public. He cant even "talk" thats the problem... Gunter would be a great Mr. Olympia.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »

If at a given dose aas works better with time why would you need to increase your dose to continue making gains And whouldn't you be able to decrease your dose to maintain your present size and condition?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »
  A 40 year-old man has a muscle density that you guy wouldn't believe: he literally makes young men in their twenties and early thirties look like boys. Shawn Ray agrees with me, since he remarked about Coleman when he was doing the commenting for the 2005 Olympia that being over 40 separated Coleman from the rest of the pack, giving him a muscle maturity and hardness that the other guys couldn't match. Coleman was almost 42 at the 2005 Olympia.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 05:38:17 PM »
  A 40 year-old man has a muscle density that you guy wouldn't believe: he literally makes young men in their twenties and early thirties look like boys. Shawn Ray agrees with me, since he remarked about Coleman when he was doing the commenting for the 2005 Olympia that being over 40 separated Coleman from the rest of the pack, giving him a muscle maturity and hardness that the other guys couldn't match. Coleman was almost 42 at the 2005 Olympia.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I agree here.

Ronnie in 2005 was, imo, a very underrated year. Ronnie was DRY in 2005. His quads looked like they were stone.

I hope Gunter comes back. When i first started following bb'ing, Gunter was one of my favourites.
No doubt about it...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Aw ffs when are you clowns going to realize that it's not the muscles that "mature", it's the skin!!

The skin becomes more loose and saggy as you age and at a certain golden point, the loose skin gives an appearance of less stiff muscles underneath. The skin follows the contours of muscle better.  After that it's just downhill as it gets even more saggy, which now can be seen on Coleman.

I challenge you to find any medical article that suggests that the muscles "mature".
from incomplete data

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 05:57:45 PM »
Bob is an O.K MC....  Far from good.  He could be with some more live work.
Most are all show no go!

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »
I stand by what i say, i dont think Gunter will come back better than before, for the sake of the arguements for and against lets hope he does. I think the break is too long to be beneficial at 40, i believe after such a break, his body ability to control cortisol in a way in which his body once did will be decreased, so having fresh receptors wont matter as i believe with age what finishes guys off as they get older in this sport is not the bad response to hormones as we age but the drugs ability to control cortisol levels in the body as they once did. Just an opinion, i cant back it up with science just an observation.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 06:48:06 PM »
Aw ffs when are you clowns going to realize that it's not the muscles that "mature", it's the skin!!

It doesen't really matter. What causes the muscles to look more mature is irrelevant, since the effect is the same: the muscles look harder and more developed. Whether it's caused by the muscle fibers changing their structure or the skin becoming looser is immaterial, since the end result is the same.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 06:49:43 PM »
  It doesen't really matter. What causes the muscles to look more mature is irrelevant, since the effect is the same: the muscles look harder and more developed. Whether it's caused by the muscle fibers changing their structure or the skin becoming looser is immaterial, since the end result is the same.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Muscle Maturity.  ;)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »
Gunter needs to forget about a comeback and try to get them to make a sequel to BeerFest...

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
Gunter needs to forget about a comeback and try to get them to make a sequel to BeerFest...

beerfest was a movie for the ages....landfill 1 and landfill 2