Author Topic: MY HERO  (Read 3075 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: MY HERO
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
Think it was fox, i knew the % would get the attention so what about the other question
I remember addressing your unsourced %.  Where did I address anything else you said?  That's up to me or anyone else to do, not you to demand.  I don't see the rest of what you said worthy of a response so I won't waste my time but I will put your spin in perspective on his approval rating ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 01:03:54 PM »
Think it was fox, i knew the % would get the attention so what about the other question
Stop watching the spin zone, your posts will improve ;)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »
Near half the people surveyed were ok with this "stimulus" bill without changes?  Wow...most of them must not have a clue of whats going on.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
Interesting info:

New polling from Rasmussen suggests that among the broader public, the ongoing argument isn’t really moving the needle much, with 42% supporting it (the stimulus bill), down a bit from from 45% last week.

However, in a bit of ominous news for proponents of the package, the swing against it among independents has been dramatic…

However, support among unaffiliated voters has fallen. A week ago, unaffiliateds were evenly divided on the plan, with 37% in favor and 36% opposed. Now, 50% of unaffiliated voters oppose the plan while only 27% favor it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »
Interesting info:

New polling from Rasmussen suggests that among the broader public, the ongoing argument isn’t really moving the needle much, with 42% supporting it (the stimulus bill), down a bit from from 45% last week.

However, in a bit of ominous news for proponents of the package, the swing against it among independents has been dramatic…

However, support among unaffiliated voters has fallen. A week ago, unaffiliateds were evenly divided on the plan, with 37% in favor and 36% opposed. Now, 50% of unaffiliated voters oppose the plan while only 27% favor it.

watch out for Rasmussen.  Their numbers are often a wild swing from what all the other polls put out.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
So everyone here thinks this stimulus bill is gong to work? and if not thought  maybe we could get
some other ideas on how to fix the economy

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 04:23:33 PM »
So everyone here thinks this stimulus bill is gong to work? and if not thought  maybe we could get
For a smooth thread, next time don't spew fox spin and expect a free pass ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »

No, I don't think it will work.  They say you shouldn't throw good money after bad.  I'm not even sure this is good money. 

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
For a smooth thread, next time don't spew fox spin and expect a free pass ;)

Alright Hugo stop busting my balls you know the spin stops here lol.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
No, I don't think it will work.  They say you shouldn't throw good money after bad.  I'm not even sure this is good money. 

I think if you put the money in the right places it would help but from what i see
alot of it is giong out the window and very little is going to help the economy.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 05:18:01 PM »
If the money went to small business owners with a 12 month time limit to spend it on only business.....then it wouldve worked.  As it is, it all went into overseas accounts and now is a loss for the corporates

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »
Hugo Dispite or differances i think obuma is full of it or plain stupid if he thinks this spending of
1 Trillion dollars is going to help the economy. Hugo where do you think the money is coming from?
Your pocket and mine and guess what we are paying for, well Six hundred million is going for new cars
for the Federal goverment and 50 million is going to awarness of STD's only about 20% of the money
might help the economy. How about give me 600 million and i will buy everyone a car.
Hugo even some democrates are having second thoughts. Try watching both sides of this
like CNBC and FOX news. What they should really do is give the people $100.000 each and we will put it back in the economy, the people are who makes up the economy so Hugo tell me you would be against that plan??

Can we get a link to that stat for approval rating?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »
I actually think if the repubs plan calls for priority to be placed on Mortgage, and infastructure...then i would go with the rebpubs...who are also asking for 900billion...

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 06:09:42 PM »
It's steadily going down.  And the numbers of disapproval are on an incline almost at the same rate that his approval rating is going downward.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113968/Obama-Initial-Approval-Ratings-Historical-Context.aspx

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 06:21:17 PM »
It's steadily going down.  And the numbers of disapproval are on an incline almost at the same rate that his approval rating is going downward.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113968/Obama-Initial-Approval-Ratings-Historical-Context.aspx
uh, the chart you just posted shows the last president to have an initial approval rating as high as Obama's was Eisenhower and Kennedy!  And a disapproval of 12%, only 5 points off from Eisenhower and better than Reagan.  I'm not sure what your point was, but the perspective of the chart is very favorable to Obama.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
To early to see, if this plan works then i'm sure his rating will go up but who is really
calling the shots? so if it dosen't work do we blame him or all the democrates who
voted for the bill. This economy is effecting most of us so i hope it works and it would be better
for my small business. I just think the goverment puts alot of money in the wrong places, like
they need to give 600 million to the federal gov. for new cars. How about wait till next year
and if all is good then maybe by the damm cars. Hey theres alot of single mothers without
cars why on't you buy them one.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »
uh, the chart you just posted shows the last president to have an initial approval rating as high as Obama's was Eisenhower and Kennedy!  And a disapproval of 12%, only 5 points off from Eisenhower and better than Reagan.  I'm not sure what your point was, but the perspective of the chart is very favorable to Obama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

Just pointing out that the trend is on a downward slope with respect to approval, and an upward slope for disapproval.  I'm sure this is ebb and flow as with any of the presidents before him.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 07:34:52 PM »
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

Just pointing out that the trend is on a downward slope with respect to approval, and an upward slope for disapproval.  I'm sure this is ebb and flow as with any of the presidents before him.

It does make Obama's initial approval ratings look good.  They break against the thrend.  Thanks for posting this, it's something I would have posted myself for jimi lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »
I think if you put the money in the right places it would help but from what i see
alot of it is giong out the window and very little is going to help the economy.

It's borrowed money.  Bad money after bad. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »

so what does that mean 500..he isnt gonna be our president now..huh...nope,  he is in. get used to it chief

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 10:02:45 AM »
Hugo Dispite or differances i think obuma is full of it or plain stupid if he thinks this spending of
1 Trillion dollars is going to help the economy. Hugo where do you think the money is coming from?
Your pocket and mine and guess what we are paying for, well Six hundred million is going for new cars
for the Federal goverment and 50 million is going to awarness of STD's only about 20% of the money
might help the economy. How about give me 600 million and i will buy everyone a car.
Hugo even some democrates are having second thoughts. Try watching both sides of this
like CNBC and FOX news. What they should really do is give the people $100.000 each and we will put it back in the economy, the people are who makes up the economy so Hugo tell me you would be against that plan??
hugo is does not reside in the united states but yet he is a citizen that does not pay taxes...... ::) be happy dont worry and spend.

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 11:23:40 AM »
When he was running for president it was all about the people right, so lets stop giving the CEO's and the rich
the money
and give it to the people who will put it back into the economy and pay Cr. cards, morgage payments
and funnel some back into the economy. If we are able to spend money and pay these companies who are getting the bail outs
then they would't need to be bailed out. Think about it if the people can't afford to make payments to these companies then
next year they will be asking for another bail out at our exspense. Don't the people make the economy work? their bailing out
these companies but the compaines are laying thousands off.
So i ask you would you agree on the goverment giving every U.S citizen a Hundred Thousand dollars ?
Most of us would put it back into the economy by shopping, paying bills and so on, why not try it.
But i guess non of you would be for it? So let give it to the greedy CEO's and they can take their Four Hundred Thousand dollar
mini vacations or buy a 54 million dollar lear jet. I'm with you guys but it's time to try something different. CHANGE
He's working on that as we speak.  He's limiting executive pay to 500,000 a year for those receiving government bailout.  Would a Republican administration do this?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »
I don't blame Obama so much for this pork laiden bill as I blame Pelosi and the house democrats that wrote it.  I posted an article about a moderate democrat admitting the Obama administration encouraged him to dissaprove the bill because it was not as clean as he wanted it.

Big mal, Many republicans want a bill that focuses on:  1. cutting the payroll tax  2. Infrastructure only spending  3. Tax credits for home and auto purchases  4. Cutting capital gains tax to encourage business growth in the US.  They also have agreed on some of the other provisions like extending unemployment benefits and temporary medicaid coverage.
This is the bill we should be passing.  Not what the house passed.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 12:02:34 PM »
so what does that mean 500..he isnt gonna be our president now..huh...nope,  he is in. get used to it chief

Glad he's black and now i hope we can get down to business and all these groups of people
can realize there is equal rights in this country so go on obama lets get it done.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
I don't blame Obama so much for this pork laiden bill as I blame Pelosi and the house democrats that wrote it.  I posted an article about a moderate democrat admitting the Obama administration encouraged him to dissaprove the bill because it was not as clean as he wanted it.

Big mal, Many republicans want a bill that focuses on:  1. cutting the payroll tax  2. Infrastructure only spending  3. Tax credits for home and auto purchases  4. Cutting capital gains tax to encourage business growth in the US.  They also have agreed on some of the other provisions like extending unemployment benefits and temporary medicaid coverage.
This is the bill we should be passing.  Not what the house passed.

I Like that one