Author Topic: ANOTHER OBAMA NOMINEE HAS TAX PROBLEMS!!!!!!! - Nancy Killefer  (Read 2319 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
ANOTHER OBAMA NOMINEE HAS TAX PROBLEMS!!!!!!! - Nancy Killefer
« on: February 03, 2009, 07:53:40 AM »

Official: Performance czar withdraws candidacy 

Feb 3 10:41 AM US/Eastern
By MICHAEL J. SNIFFEN and LIZ SIDOTI
Associated Press Writer Comments (0)         

WASHINGTON (AP) - Nancy Killefer, who failed for a year and a half to pay employment taxes on household help, has withdrawn her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government, the White House said Tuesday.

Killefer was the second major Obama administration nominee to withdraw and the third to have tax problems complicate their nomination after President Barack Obama announced their selection.

"Nancy Killefer has decided to withdraw her nomination, and we accepted her withdrawal," Tommy Vietor, a White House spokesman, said Tuesday. The 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co., was expected to explain her reasons for pulling out later in the day.

When her selection was announced by Obama on Jan. 7, The Associated Press disclosed that in 2005 the District of Columbia government had filed a $946.69 tax lien on her home for failure to pay unemployment compensation tax on household help.

Since then, administration officials refused to answer questions about the tax error, which she resolved five months after the lien was filed. Obama's first choice for commerce secretary, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, took his name out of consideration when his confirmation appeared headed toward complications because of a grand jury investigation over how state contracts were issued to political donors.

More recently, Timothy Geithner was confirmed as Treasury secretary despite belatedly paying $34,000 in income taxes, and Tom Daschle is still waiting to see if his late payment of more than $128,000 in income taxes will harm his nomination to be health and human services secretary.

On paper, Killefer brought impressive credentials to the two jobs Obama selected her for: deputy director for management at the Office of Management and Budget, which requires Senate confirmation, and a new White House post, chief performance officer for the entire federal government, which does not require confirmation.

Killefer oversees McKinsey's management consulting for government clients. During 1997-2000 in the Clinton administration, Killefer was assistant Treasury secretary for management. As such she was the chief financial officer and chief operating officer for the Treasury and its 160,000 employees and led a modernization of its largest component, the Internal Revenue Service.

But for nearly a month, the administration had refused to answer how its choice to make government workers more efficient and more responsive had bungled her household payroll taxes.

The AP reported that on March 7, 2005, the D.C. Department of Employment Services slapped a tax lien on her home in the tony Wesley Heights neighborhood. The local government alleged that just three years after she left the high-powered Treasury post she began to fail to pay unemployment compensation tax for a household employee. And she failed to make the required quarterly payments for a year and half, whereupon a lien for $946.69 was placed on her home.

That sum included $298 in unpaid taxes, $48.69 in interest and $600 in penalties. The lien was filed March 7, 2005, but Killefer didn't get the lien extinguished for almost five months, not until July 29.

During that period, Killefer and her husband, an economics professor, had a teenage son and daughter, but she had two nannies and a personal assistant to run her life when she was on the road, she told Harvard business students back then.

________________________ ________________________ ___

Change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE FREAKING WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: ANOTHER OBAMA NOMINEE HAS TAX PROBLEMS!!!!!!! - Nancy Killefer
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:59:25 AM »
I know everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon, but look at past prezs, these things are not abnormal. What is overall perturbing is knowing that it seems many elected officials don't pay taxes properly. Any why in hell would you accept the nomination if you know full well you haven't paid taxes? Thats just dumb, you know you will be found out ???

Oh well, and I am prolly jealous of not paying taxes so I get told ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:01:19 AM »
I know everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon, but look at past prezs, these things are not abnormal. What is overall perturbing is knowing that it seems many elected officials don't pay taxes properly. Any why in hell would you accept the nomination if you know full well you haven't paid taxes? Thats just dumb, you know you will be found out ???

Oh well, and I am prolly jealous of not paying taxes so I get told ;D

Ha ha.  Make all the excuses you want, this clown has been president for 2 weeks and we already have more garbage than anyone ever imagined. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »
Ok...enough. Here we go  Carter part 2..bigger, badder and worser!!!!!!

Ok libs whats the problem. I thought paying taxes was patriotic. I thought we were all supposed to work together, get on the Obama "Hope" bus. Not paying taxes is really not being a team player, nor as Biden says "patriotic".  This guy is full of shit as is the Dem party. And then that babbling idiot Biden can't swear in Hilary correctly. I thought you guys said Bush was an idiot. Bush didn't nominate retard after retard that couldn't pay their taxes. How friggen hard is it as President,  to compile a list of people who are smart enought to pay their damm taxes. Once again...

Good job Barry!!!!!!
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 08:06:02 AM »
I'd be really suprised if the only reason she withdrew her name was for a tax lien < 1000

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 08:07:16 AM »
Ok...enough. Here we go  Carter part 2..bigger, badder and worser!!!!!!

Ok libs whats the problem. I thought paying taxes was patriotic. I thought we were all supposed to work together, get on the Obama "Hope" bus. Not paying taxes is really not being a team player, nor as Biden says "patriotic".  This guy is full of shit as is the Dem party. And then that babbling idiot Biden can't swear in Hilary correctly. I thought you guys said Bush was an idiot. Bush didn't nominate retard after retard that couldn't pay their taxes. How friggen hard is it as President,  to compile a list of people who are smart enought to pay their damm taxes. Once again...

Good job Barry!!!!!!

I love this.  I am being proven 10000000% correct about Obama only 3 weeks in. 

You suckers who voted for this clown should feel really proud today!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 08:09:06 AM »
I'd be really suprised if the only reason she withdrew her name was for a tax lien < 1000

Maybe because she's the 3rd one in a row etc.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 08:10:27 AM »
This is just unbelievable. Who knows what other secrets these douchbags are hiding successfully, maybe something to do with birth certificates....

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »
Ha ha.  Make all the excuses you want, this clown has been president for 2 weeks and we already have more garbage than anyone ever imagined. 

Not an excuse, a fact.

And recall, I actually find the whole paying all this massive tax thing funny as hell anyway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:15:52 AM »
Not an excuse, a fact.

And recall, I actually find the whole paying all this massive tax thing funny as hell anyway.

This all shows how vulnerable to slick marketing, emotion, and lies, work on voters.

Obama is not change at all, he is more of the same, BUT WAY WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:24:20 AM »
Where's Benny Blanco to defend his Messiah?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 08:24:35 AM »
Obama will do as hes told.  Hes a puppet just like bush was.   The World has plans for America......and they arent good ones.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 08:28:19 AM »
Obama will do as hes told.  Hes a puppet just like bush was.   The World has plans for America......and they arent good ones.

This is just the start!

Obama is going to be a one term president the rate this mess is going. 

More and more is coming out on Daschle by the way.

Obama is just a shill for the banks and corporate america anyway. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 08:28:37 AM »
3 people this early on is pretty bad.

The conclusion I draw from this is no one likes taxes or our tax system...so, we should uncomplicate it and keep taxes lower for all.  Funny that many democrats want higher taxes yet avoid paying them.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »
Where's Benny Blanco to defend his Messiah?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that no one is defending Barry?

6 months before the election this board was lit up with Obama worship & praise.
Now nothing. 

Has a realization come over the Obamatons?

333386- do you have a link from the article you posted.

W

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31:57 AM »

Now nothing. 

QFT

CQ whether you want to draw a comparison between obama and past presidents is your thing...FACT of the matter is obama ran on a platform of not being the average politician and got a lot of sappy ignorant ppl to buy into it...This is not change you can believe in.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 09:38:31 AM »

Now nothing. 

Go to Drudge Report

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »
Check out the Drudge Report.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »
she had tax issues... so he bounced her.

good move on his part.

i suppose rush and his flock will still complain.  but they'd complain if he kept her too.  Obama doesn't know her tax secrets.  they come out during the vetting process under national scrutiny.  And he bounced her.

Really, yall are shitting on him for doing what he said he'd do - bounce people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 09:41:07 AM »
Check out the Drudge Report.

Drudge regular has "food riots dominate world" as their big headline.

During the election, when Obama was up 8 points uniformly, they ran 3 straight days of "Mccain pulls even" coverage.

Seriously, i love drudge, but they're an alarmist, right-leaning lamefactory now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 09:41:53 AM »

good move on his part.

i suppose rush and his flock will still complain.  but they'd complain if he kept her too.  Obama doesn't know her tax secrets.  they come out during the vetting process under national scrutiny.  And he bounced her.

Really, yall are shitting on him for doing what he said he'd do - bounce people.
why didnt he bounce the other 2?, LOL your excuses are hillarious...Change you can believe in 240 change you can believe in.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 09:42:55 AM »
Drudge regular has "food riots dominate world" as their big headline.

During the election, when Obama was up 8 points uniformly, they ran 3 straight days of "Mccain pulls even" coverage.

Seriously, i love drudge, but they're an alarmist, right-leaning lamefactory now.
LOL as opposed to the upstanding news journalist that you got the info about palin and spewed on this board and chose to believe and oh ya the national enquirer LOL hahahaha ::)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »

good move on his part.

Did he "bounce" the other 2?
Besides, he didn't bounce her.  She withdrew.

You're a moron. 
Change the names to Bush or Palin and let's hear your defense.

W

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
LOL @ the stretching and grasping of straws.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »

Did he "bounce" the other 2?
Besides, he didn't bounce her.  She withdrew.

You're a moron. 
Change the names to Bush or Palin and let's hear your defense.

hahah very true

unfortunately he wont answer now that he has been shown for the ignorant ass he is just like in every other thread he is shown up in.