Author Topic: Roger Clemens's DNA Is Linked to Syringes  (Read 1924 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Roger Clemens's DNA Is Linked to Syringes
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »
Clemens's DNA Is Linked to Syringes
Attorney Says Tests 'Won't Matter at All'
By Del Quentin Wilber, Washington Post Staff Writer

Scientific tests have linked Roger Clemens's DNA to blood in syringes that a personal trainer says he used to inject the former star pitcher with performance-enhancing drugs, according to two sources familiar with the investigation.

The DNA results, which are preliminary and subject to verification tests, could prove critical if prosecutors seek an indictment of Clemens on charges that he lied about the use of steroids, according to the sources.

Clemens told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee last year that he has never taken performance-enhancing drugs. Testifying at the same hearing, the pitcher's former personal trainer, Brian McNamee, said he injected Clemens nearly 40 times with steroids and human growth hormone from 1998 to 2001.

McNamee's attorneys have said their client gave federal investigators syringes, gauze pads and other items that he claimed he used to inject Clemens. He stored the items in a FedEx box in his basement.

Clemens and his defense team have long challenged McNamee's credibility, saying the former trainer has lied about the pitcher's alleged drug use. They also have said that McNamee may have cooked up the evidence.

Yesterday, Rusty Hardin, Clemens's Houston-based defense attorney, said the DNA tests "won't matter at all."

"It will still be evidence fabricated by McNamee," Hardin said. "I would be dumbfounded if any responsible person ever found this to be reliable or credible evidence in any way."

Clemens voluntarily gave a DNA sample to federal authorities, who are conducting the genetic tests, the sources said.

Legal experts said DNA evidence could prove to be a critical tool for prosecutors at trial. "The fact that it's DNA evidence gives it a certain extra mystique with the jury," said Stevan Bunnell, a former federal prosecutor.

Still, the DNA results are only part of the equation. Scientists at the Anti-Doping Research Institute in Los Angeles, who were brought onto the case by authorities, are trying to determine whether the syringes ever contained steroids and human growth hormone, the sources said.

Clemens has said he was injected with vitamin B-12 and a painkiller over the years. Without any evidence of steroids or human growth hormone in the syringes, prosecutors will face a tougher time convincing jurors that Clemens was injected with those substances, legal experts said.

However, if authorities "are able to prove [that steroids] were in the syringes, it will be a much more significant problem for Clemens," said Randall Eliason, a former federal prosecutor.

The disclosure of the test results comes as federal agents and prosecutors appear to have stepped up their investigation of the seven-time Cy Young Award winner who pitched for the Red Sox, Blue Jays, Yankees and Astros.

In the last month, a federal grand jury has heard testimony from a clubhouse attendant, Kirk Radomski, who supplied McNamee with the performance-enhancing drugs.

McNamee and his attorneys met in Washington with federal prosecutors and investigators for five hours last month to discuss the case. Federal agents also have questioned several other people, including at least one former major leaguer and a Texas gym owner, about Clemens and steroids, according to media reports.

Federal prosecutors were asked to investigate whether Clemens lied under oath by the House committee two weeks after his testimony on Feb. 13. The existence of a grand jury investigation became public last month, and sources have said that prosecutors are not likely to make any decision about seeking charges for a few months.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Roger Clemens's DNA Is Linked to Syringes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:29 AM »
Clemens's lawyers will claim it's tainted evidence.

body88

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:30:42 AM »
Another Yankee scumbag. All his years in pinstripes are tainted.  :-\ :) ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »

His entire career is tainted if you ask me. After age 34, when he went to the Blue Jays, is when he started taking HGH and other steroids. Kept his career extended.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »

Paxton Crawford has an ESPN the Magazine story written about him where he openly states his needles spilled out in the Sox' clubhouse and everyone just laughed.

The Mitchell Report got over 80% of it's people from NY bases sources.  Stories like the Crawford one were never followed up, for some reason.  Mitchell also happens to be a Red Sox employee, so draw your own conclusions.

Every team had users, but sox fans like to act their team didn't because they weren't in the report.

Here's the article:

June 21, 2006
Crawford comes clean
By Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff

Paxton Crawford has always held an infamous place in Red Sox history, after the pitcher fell out of bed and landed on the disabled list (he said he slipped and cut his abdomen). Now, he might play an even more infamous role.

In a piece he wrote for this week’s ESPN The Magazine (subscription required to read), Crawford admitted to using steroids and HGH while with Boston from 2000-01. Check out this excerpt, which also seems to shed a controversial light on the Sox clubhouse at that time.

“During minor league spring training with the Red Sox in 1999, some of the other guys saw I was hurting. They told me that if I took this stuff, it would make the pain go away and cut my recovery time in half. Shoot, why not? I'm just a country boy; I didn't even think twice.

“I was probably using the most back in 2001, when I made the Red Sox rotation out of spring training. About that time I was getting pretty big, and another player introduced me to human growth hormone, which had started to make the rounds in the majors. I got a kit with two bottles: One was filled with some kind of water, and the other was filled with these tiny crystals. I put a few drops into the crystals and -- poof! -- it became liquid. I thought, Boy, what the hell are you putting into your body? But I did it anyway.

“Back in 2001, I thought I was the man. I had no shame, and I thought nobody could touch me. One time, I walked right into the Red Sox clubhouse with a bunch of needles wrapped in a towel and left them on my chair. A few minutes later, one of my teammates came running over, saying, ‘Paxton, someone knocked your chair over and your freaking needles are all over the floor!’ Man, we just died about that. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, told me I was nuts. But that's the way it was back then.”

The 28-year-old Crawford went 5-1 for the Red Sox in 2000 and 2001, but never pitched at the major league level after that. Back problems (which he blames on steroid use) ultimately spelled the end for Crawford, whose career ended in the minor leagues in 2005. According to ESPN The Magazine, he is currently working on his family’s farm in Arkansas
Y

body88

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »

Paxton Crawford has an ESPN the Magazine story written about him where he openly states his needles spilled out in the Sox' clubhouse and everyone just laughed.

The Mitchell Report got over 80% of it's people from NY bases sources.  Stories like the Crawford one were never followed up, for some reason.  Mitchell also happens to be a Red Sox employee, so draw your own conclusions.

Every team had users, but sox fans like to act their team didn't because they weren't in the report.

Here's the article:

June 21, 2006
Crawford comes clean
By Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff

Paxton Crawford has always held an infamous place in Red Sox history, after the pitcher fell out of bed and landed on the disabled list (he said he slipped and cut his abdomen). Now, he might play an even more infamous role.

In a piece he wrote for this week’s ESPN The Magazine (subscription required to read), Crawford admitted to using steroids and HGH while with Boston from 2000-01. Check out this excerpt, which also seems to shed a controversial light on the Sox clubhouse at that time.

“During minor league spring training with the Red Sox in 1999, some of the other guys saw I was hurting. They told me that if I took this stuff, it would make the pain go away and cut my recovery time in half. Shoot, why not? I'm just a country boy; I didn't even think twice.

“I was probably using the most back in 2001, when I made the Red Sox rotation out of spring training. About that time I was getting pretty big, and another player introduced me to human growth hormone, which had started to make the rounds in the majors. I got a kit with two bottles: One was filled with some kind of water, and the other was filled with these tiny crystals. I put a few drops into the crystals and -- poof! -- it became liquid. I thought, Boy, what the hell are you putting into your body? But I did it anyway.

“Back in 2001, I thought I was the man. I had no shame, and I thought nobody could touch me. One time, I walked right into the Red Sox clubhouse with a bunch of needles wrapped in a towel and left them on my chair. A few minutes later, one of my teammates came running over, saying, ‘Paxton, someone knocked your chair over and your freaking needles are all over the floor!’ Man, we just died about that. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, told me I was nuts. But that's the way it was back then.”

The 28-year-old Crawford went 5-1 for the Red Sox in 2000 and 2001, but never pitched at the major league level after that. Back problems (which he blames on steroid use) ultimately spelled the end for Crawford, whose career ended in the minor leagues in 2005. According to ESPN The Magazine, he is currently working on his family’s farm in Arkansas

Just another scorned player trying to stain a model franchise and make excuses for his poor play.  Unlike the Yankee players, RedSox players are not testing positive left and right for the juice!  According to the Mitchell report the NYY have/had far and away the most steriod using players in history.

Clemens joined the Yankees and started on the drugs....its in their culture.

;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
Just another scorned player trying to stain a model franchise and make excuses for his poor play.  Unlike the Yankee players, RedSox players are not testing positive left and right for the juice!  According to the Mitchell report the NYY have/had far and away the most steriod using players in history.

Clemens joined the Yankees and started on the drugs....its in their culture.

;)

I'm pretty sure you're joking on this,  but I'm tired right now and can't tell the difference.  You're saying Crawford was lying?

As stated earlier, more players tested positive in NY because......THE ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION WAS A NY CLUBHOUSE GUY.  There were absolutely no other sources.  Without the feds handing Mitchell this source he had nothing.

Seriously - do you really believe the Sox were clean?
Y

body88

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure you're joking on this,  but I'm tired right now and can't tell the difference.  You're saying Crawford was lying?

As stated earlier, more players tested positive in NY because......THE ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION WAS A NY CLUBHOUSE GUY.  There were absolutely no other sources.  Without the feds handing Mitchell this source he had nothing.

Seriously - do you really believe the Sox were clean?

Hell no.  I was kidding with you.  The Sox had tons of guys who juiced.  Nomar, the Rocket and Moe to name a few.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:11:03 PM »

Hell no.  I was kidding with you.  The Sox had tons of guys who juiced.  Nomar, the Rocket and Moe to name a few.

Whew, I thought we were losing you there for a minute  ;D
Y

body88

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 05:53:57 AM »
Whew, I thought we were losing you there for a minute  ;D

I think John Henry is on the sauce.  He parks his 100 foot yacht down on the waterfront in the Northend.  It's a site to see.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 06:12:08 AM »
2g test per week, no doubt.   I'd guess Clen as well.

Does he live there as well?   I rented in the North End for two years.  I remember looking at condos on the water there at the time and they were like 300-500k, but I was making about 25k then.  My goodness I wish I would have had the cash to buy one of those places.  Probably worth 10 x that now.
Y

body88

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 09:53:54 AM »
2g test per week, no doubt.   I'd guess Clen as well.

Does he live there as well?   I rented in the North End for two years.  I remember looking at condos on the water there at the time and they were like 300-500k, but I was making about 25k then.  My goodness I wish I would have had the cash to buy one of those places.  Probably worth 10 x that now.

No, I think he lives in Weston.  My buddy is in high-end, residential, real estate development, and he is helping to build Henrey's new house.  The north end has exploded and the waterfront condos are going for over a million currently.  Where have you lived in the city?  I have lived in Beacon Hill,  on Tremont/Commons, the northend and currently I reside on Comm Ave in the back bay.

Below is the 16 million dollar estate John just bought to tear down, lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
Clemens and Bonds should share a cell.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:46 AM »
  Where have you lived in the city?  I have lived in Beacon Hill,  on Tremont/Commons, the northend and currently I reside on Comm Ave in the back bay.

Started in the North End, moved to C-town for a year, then lived on Columbus in the South End, then back to C-Town for about five or so.   Now I'm in the burbs near your favorite team's stadium.

Comm ave in the Back Bay?  That's why you see Brady, I guess.  I know people who see him in the convenience store on the corner of Comm and Mass Ave frequently.
Y

body88

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »
Started in the North End, moved to C-town for a year, then lived on Columbus in the South End, then back to C-Town for about five or so.   Now I'm in the burbs near your favorite team's stadium.

Comm ave in the Back Bay?  That's why you see Brady, I guess.  I know people who see him in the convenience store on the corner of Comm and Mass Ave frequently.

Cool.  I was looking at a place located right neat Element Day Spa on Main Street in C-Town before I moved.  Did you go to Northeastern or Wentworth?  You must be living in Dedham, Walpole or Franklin.

I live a few blocks down from Brady.  I see him and Welker in resterants on Newbury all the time.  As I have said, I have a family member who is good friends with Belichick, but I do not know Brady and Welker (aside from the neighborly hello).

I try to not be one of those clowns that bothers people while they are just trying to be normal.  I see a lot of famous people in my area all the time.  The locals don't really act bothered by it. 

I forgot to mention that I lived on Newbury (near Lucky Jeans) for a half a year and I used to see Yankee (scumbags) players walking the street frequently when they were in town.  I know a woman who went back to Jeters room at the Ritz a few years ago and denied him when he tried to nail her.  She said he was very nice and totally cool about it.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 09:43:13 PM »
We all know that Clemens is guilty as fuck...However Clemens admitted that the guy shot him up with B12...Which means that he had full access to Clemens blood/DNA

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »
Clemens and Bonds should share a cell.

Each could care less and they will continue to live in their million dollar homes
D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »
Cool.  I was looking at a place located right neat Element Day Spa on Main Street in C-Town before I moved.  Did you go to Northeastern or Wentworth?  You must be living in Dedham, Walpole or Franklin.

I went to UMass Amherst.   

I live a few blocks down from Brady.  I see him and Welker in resterants on Newbury all the time.  As I have said, I have a family member who is good friends with Belichick, but I do not know Brady and Welker (aside from the neighborly hello).

I try to not be one of those clowns that bothers people while they are just trying to be normal.  I see a lot of famous people in my area all the time.  The locals don't really act bothered by it. 

I hear you on that.  When I used to work near the Copley Mall, there were always famous people in there.  Especially athletes who were in from out of town.  I'm like you - I let them go about their business.  Although, I did walk straight into Manny one day when he had stopped walking and was just standing in the middle of the mall for some reason.  He had on a full lenth - light blue leather coat.  It was hideous.

I forgot to mention that I lived on Newbury (near Lucky Jeans) for a half a year and I used to see Yankee (scumbags) players walking the street frequently when they were in town.  I know a woman who went back to Jeters room at the Ritz a few years ago and denied him when he tried to nail her.  She said he was very nice and totally cool about it.

I believe this - the Yankees used to stay at the Ritz.  Why on earth would any girl think they would go to Jeter's room and not expect that he wanted to nail her?   He was probably cool about it because he knew he could have another one up there who would in about 15 minutes.
Y

body88

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »
I went to UMass Amherst.

Do you know the pink house?  My buddy played hockey for UMASS.  Place is zoo!

I hear you on that.  When I used to work near the Copley Mall, there were always famous people in there.  Especially athletes who were in from out of town.  I'm like you - I let them go about their business.  Although, I did walk straight into Manny one day when he had stopped walking and was just standing in the middle of the mall for some reason.  He had on a full lenth - light blue leather coat.  It was hideous.
Ha-ha, what a goof.  I wonder if Manny feels that dogging it, and being a loud mouth was worth it now?  No one will sign him.

I believe this - the Yankees used to stay at the Ritz.  Why on earth would any girl think they would go to Jeter's room and not expect that he wanted to nail her?   He was probably cool about it because he knew he could have another one up there who would in about 15 minutes.
Yup, which is now the Taj.  Agreed on Jeter, plus you don't want some random chick saying you raped them because she felt scorned.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
Each could care less and they will continue to live in their million dollar homes

Sad but true.