Author Topic: Hmmm.....  (Read 1131 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Hmmm.....
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:56:35 PM »
...GSP is my favorite fighter.  And I do believe he dominated that cocky POS Penn.  BUt, this clips don't look good :-\

w

slacker

• Getbig V
Re: Hmmm.....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »
Vaseline is legal on the face and quite often could get pushed around to the back and or legs between rounds one and two the officials took away the Vaseline. I do not see GSP's corner wiping Vaseline on his back I see the corner man massaging GSP's shoulders and back to force the blood out to decrease swelling its a common practise And I wish everyone would get over it
I

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »
I got no beef with them "applying" a light coat on him. lol

Very slick of them if u ask me (no pun) lol

I especially love this fake a$$ chiropractor reverse back application. LMAO ..nice!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:55 PM »
for the guys on here that train bjj and attempted triangles in training know that triangles get harder and harder to sink in as the guy your rolling with gets sweatier,and if the guy your rolling with had vaseline rubbed on his back it would be really hard to sink in to say the least.mma doesnt need these allegations of fighters trying to get an edge using things like vaseline in it,gsp never came across to me as a cheater and if its anyones fault its his cornermen,gsp is to good imo to have to resort to cheating.i was rooting for penn but im not going to make excuses for him,ill let the nevada state athletic commission make thier ruling on the vaseline incident.
R

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 03:19:43 AM »
Wow you just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are not only stupid and ignorant but blind too.  Are you really that fucking stupid.  So what if your canadian lover wants to do what he can so BJ couldn't use his legs.  He is still your champion.  I guess he wasn't as confident as you thought.  Still had to do what he could to get the edge.  Makes you wonder what would have happened if BJ could have used his legs instead of them sliding off GSP's back.  But, since you use vasoline so much in your love life I can see why you are defending him.  Bet your boyfriends don't call you "slacker"

Onlyme I have respected quite a few things about what you have said but the fact remains that BJ got fucking owned on the night and all (or no) the vasaline in the world wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference in my opinion. BJ never got out of 1st gear and was out powered, out gunned and out skilled during the course of the fight to the point of it looking quite embarassing.
BJ got beat by a better man and there is no shame in that. It was a humbling defeat however BJ needs to go back to the drawing board and get back to a weight that is comfortable for him and dominate at that weight which I think he is very much capable of doing.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 03:58:21 AM »
Onlyme I have respected quite a few things about what you have said but the fact remains that BJ got fucking owned on the night and all (or no) the vasaline in the world wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference in my opinion. BJ never got out of 1st gear and was out powered, out gunned and out skilled during the course of the fight to the point of it looking quite embarassing.
BJ got beat by a better man and there is no shame in that. It was a humbling defeat however BJ needs to go back to the drawing board and get back to a weight that is comfortable for him and dominate at that weight which I think he is very much capable of doing.

Yes

Dball

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
WEC has a 145lb class BJ would dominate.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:40 PM »

I agree 1000000000%.  He got his ass kicked.  He looked like shit and I admitted that the same night.  I had emailed his brother about 10 minutes after the fight and the next day got a phone call from his former trainer.  I have no idea what they are doing in his camp.  I still back BJ 100% cause he is my friend and he is a great fighter.  But, unless he gets his shit together and finds people who will truly help him train and get serious about training then I see bad times ahead. 

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 12:11:57 AM »
i think bj got comfortable,i mean the guys practiclly a icon on the island.everywhere he goes people are kissing his ass telling him hes the greatest and stuff,he deserves the praise imo cause he earned it,but if his own camp is blowing smoke up his ass and telling him hes the greatest that could cause a problem.bj is one of the most gifted fighters in the world,thats straight from the mouth of frank shamrock,frank said bj,s so good that youll show him a move and 2 minutes later hell catch you in the same move you just showed him.i think bj just fought a much bigger,extremely skilled fighter who was on his A game that night.its like when gsp got destroyed by matt serra,nobody said gsp,s done and he should retire.i think bj,s getting alot of heat because of all the shit talking he did about gsp,ill guarantee you if bj would have just kept humble and didnt talk all that crazy stuff about gsp being a quitter and how hes gonna kill gsp people wouldnt even be talking that much about it anymore.when you stay humble you cant go wrong no matter what,fans love a guy like gsp and fedor cause they respect everyone and are not troublemakers and craptalkers
R

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 03:21:03 AM »
i think bj got comfortable,i mean the guys practiclly a icon on the island.everywhere he goes people are kissing his ass telling him hes the greatest and stuff,he deserves the praise imo cause he earned it,but if his own camp is blowing smoke up his ass and telling him hes the greatest that could cause a problem.bj is one of the most gifted fighters in the world,thats straight from the mouth of frank shamrock,frank said bj,s so good that youll show him a move and 2 minutes later hell catch you in the same move you just showed him.i think bj just fought a much bigger,extremely skilled fighter who was on his A game that night.its like when gsp got destroyed by matt serra,nobody said gsp,s done and he should retire.i think bj,s getting alot of heat because of all the shit talking he did about gsp,ill guarantee you if bj would have just kept humble and didnt talk all that crazy stuff about gsp being a quitter and how hes gonna kill gsp people wouldnt even be talking that much about it anymore.when you stay humble you cant go wrong no matter what,fans love a guy like gsp and fedor cause they respect everyone and are not troublemakers and craptalkers

i have to admit i must be very stupid because still to this day i dont know WTF do you guys see so much in BJ... But, i respect the opinions of a lot of guys here and in other places (even if i dont agree with them) so thats why i dont get too much in debate over this... But i still expect to see a fight where this guy can impress me somehow
!