Author Topic: 300,000 ILLEGAL ALIENS ELIGIBLE FOR JOBS UNDER STIMULUS BILL  (Read 2299 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
300,000 ILLEGAL ALIENS ELIGIBLE FOR JOBS UNDER STIMULUS BILL
« on: February 04, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Senate Stimulus Bill Would Provide 300,000 Jobs for Illegal Immigrants

The Heritage Foundation
 February 4, 2009 | by Robert E. Rector

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:35:12 PM by Oldeconomybuyer

If enacted, the Senate stimulus bill would fund over $100 billion in new government construction projects with the goal of providing additional jobs to unemployed Americans. The House-passed stimulus bill contains explicit language to bar employment of illegal immigrants in these construction projects. However, the Senate bill deliberately omits this language.

If the Senate version of the bill becomes law, a great number of the workers employed in government construction programs will, in fact, be illegal immigrants. About one out of seven (or 15 percent) of workers employed in construction in the U.S. is an illegal immigrant.[1] Unless strong mechanisms are put in place to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants, it is reasonable to expect that a similar proportion of workers hired for construction projects under the stimulus bill would be in the country illegally.

Construction Funding and Employment of Illegal Immigrants

The Senate stimulus bill would provide roughly $104 billion in funding for a variety of construction projects including highways, schools, and renovation of public housing. This funding will be spread over five to seven years. Normal government estimates indicate that each $1 billion spent on construction will create around 19,500 construction jobs, each lasting a year.[2] Thus $104 billion in funding in construction projects would ostensibly create construction-related jobs for about 2.04 million workers over several years. Without specific mechanisms to ensure that workers are U.S. citizens or legal immigrants authorized to work, it is likely that 15 percent of these workers, or 300,000, would be illegal immigrants.

House Bill Blocks Employment of Illegal Immigrants

The House-passed version of the stimulus bill (H.R. 1, the American Recovery an Reinvestment Act) contains explicit language, introduced by Congressman Jack Kingston (R-GA), requiring that all contractors receiving funds under the bill use the federal E-Verify system to determine whether workers are U.S. citizens or legal immigrants authorized to work.

E-Verify is a real-time, web-based verification system run by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. E-Verify can determine with great accuracy the authenticity of the personal information and credentials offered by employees and new hires.[3] In most cases, verification occurs almost instantly.

Some 99.4 percent of lawful workers receive immediate positive verification, while the other 0.6 percent of lawful workers receive positive verification after a brief visit to their local security office, generally lasting only a few minutes. Despite years of use and screenings of millions of employees, there has never been a single instance in which a lawful worker lost permanent employment as a result of erroneous information provided by the E-Verify system.[4]

E-Verify is a very effective mechanism for determining the legal status of potential workers. E-Verify is inexpensive for employers to use, costing between $4 and $20 for each employee screened.[5] E-Verify is in wide use; currently about one in 10 new hires in the U.S. economy are screened through the E-Verify system.

At present, all federal employees are checked by the E-Verify system, but outside contractors receiving federal funds (such as construction firms) are not required to use the system. Requiring contractors receiving stimulus funds to use E-Verify will greatly reduce the probability that those funds will be used to employ illegal immigrants.

Senate Bill Does Not Block Use of Federal Funds to Employ Illegal Immigrants

The stimulus bill currently being debated in the Senate deliberately omits the E-Verify provision from the House bill. Later this week, Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) will introduce an amendment to include the House E-Verify language in the Senate bill. However, if the current Senate bill were to become law without language requiring contractor use of E-Verify, the inevitable result would be billions in federal funds spent to employ illegal immigrants.

Robert Rector is Senior Research Fellow in the Domestic Policy Studies Department at The Heritage Foundation.

________________________ ______________________

Obama is going to cause mass civil unrest and riots with his marxist garbage.

Don't say we did not warn you people.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: 300,000 ILLEGAL ALIENS ELIGIBLE FOR JOBS UNDER STIMULUS BILL
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
"IF"

right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »
I was going to say "unbelievable," but . . . .   

Disturbing trend.   :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »
ah, so there's not a clause saying they can only hire illegals.

This author is just being dramatic.

"Lots of new jobs in construction, and since 1 in 7 construction workers is illegal..."

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:27:43 PM »
Obama is going to cause mass civil unrest and riots with his marxist garbage.

Don't say we did not warn you people.

It's only fair after all Bush caused mass civil unrest and near riots with his corporatist garbage.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 09:05:02 AM »
This should piss off every american.  Here is a system to give americans jobs by doing a simple check on e-verify.....and some are opposing it?????????????????????????????WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need this money for americans, we need to help ourselves for once.    Any politician that opposes this e-verify is a damn anti-american and ........................ ........................ .ohhhh this makes me mad.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »
ah, so there's not a clause saying they can only hire illegals.

This author is just being dramatic.

"Lots of new jobs in construction, and since 1 in 7 construction workers is illegal..."

Illegal aliens destroyed the construction industry as a means for working class people to get decent jobs without high levels of education. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:12 AM »
Why was this statement taken out of the senate version?  It needs to be reinstated.  We must demand these construction jobs go to US workers.  Removing the verbage is a specific act...who removed this?
Man, this just gets worse and worse.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
Illegal aliens destroyed the construction industry as a means for working class people to get decent jobs without high levels of education. 

???

I know you hate illegals.  I'd cap them with you over a beer.

But seriously, construction is now down 35% in FL - over 1/3 of workforce is laid off.

And it's not because of illegals.  it's because real estate growth is dead.
2/3 of the homes on my street have foreclosure locks on them.
1/3 of the strip mall plazas in my town sit EMPTY.
There are 1/2 built home everywhere dude.

The illegals all left FL, moved to TX or just went back to mex.   Seriously.  They left.  my old trialer park partner would rent to teams of them, they'd crash ten guys in a single-wide for 4-6 months at a time while working - not anymore.  They all left.  Work ended.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 10:15:01 AM »
Why was this statement taken out of the senate version?  It needs to be reinstated.  We must demand these construction jobs go to US workers.  Removing the verbage is a specific act...who removed this?
Man, this just gets worse and worse.

It is disgusting that we have to use such microscopic detail to watch these criminal politicians.

They are vermin.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
???

I know you hate illegals.  I'd cap them with you over a beer.

But seriously, construction is now down 35% in FL - over 1/3 of workforce is laid off.

And it's not because of illegals.  it's because real estate growth is dead.
2/3 of the homes on my street have foreclosure locks on them.
1/3 of the strip mall plazas in my town sit EMPTY.
There are 1/2 built home everywhere dude.

The illegals all left FL, moved to TX or just went back to mex.   Seriously.  They left.  my old trialer park partner would rent to teams of them, they'd crash ten guys in a single-wide for 4-6 months at a time while working - not anymore.  They all left.  Work ended.

Your buddy is a criminal and a thief.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »
Your buddy is a criminal and a thief.

For renting to illegals?  Yes, we never rented ours to them, mainly cause of the drugs, and cause they left stains.  Old ppl are much better tenants. 

You can't blame the illegals for the construction crash, is my point.  They only migrated to FL because there weren't enough white guys who would spend their summers in 98 degree sunlight standing on roofs and bricking new foundations.  The illegals would.  The constracters hired them, really, because they had to.  They would MUCH have prefered guys with papers who spoke english.  BUT until 3 years ago, employees had laborers by the balls.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 10:47:45 AM »
For renting to illegals?  Yes, we never rented ours to them, mainly cause of the drugs, and cause they left stains.  Old ppl are much better tenants. 

You can't blame the illegals for the construction crash, is my point.  They only migrated to FL because there weren't enough white guys who would spend their summers in 98 degree sunlight standing on roofs and bricking new foundations.  The illegals would.  The constracters hired them, really, because they had to.  They would MUCH have prefered guys with papers who spoke english.  BUT until 3 years ago, employees had laborers by the balls.

Did they declare the payroll for workers comp?

Did they pay their SS?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
Believe me, there are plenty of Americans who want those jobs 240...its just cheaper to hire illegals and avoid taxation.  That is the problem.

The point is that any new jobs created must go to Americans!  There is nothing to debate IMO.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 11:41:40 AM »
Believe me, there are plenty of Americans who want those jobs 240...its just cheaper to hire illegals and avoid taxation.  That is the problem.

The point is that any new jobs created must go to Americans!  There is nothing to debate IMO.

What is amazing to me is how blacks are largely silent on illegal immigration when they are the ones most hurt by it.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
It should be a non-issue bro.  Illegal immigration is wrong and hurts us on so many levels...not taking steps to take on this issue is unacceptible.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 12:36:40 PM »
Believe me, there are plenty of Americans who want those jobs 240

I worked un university career center for 18 months.  I met dozens of construciton mgrs, contractors, roofers, homebuilders, from many of the top firms in the area.

They would come in and ask how to recruit people.  They'd describe it very clearly.  They wanted white guys who spoke english.  They didn't want illegals.  But the only 'legals' they would get were junkies who were rejectd by ManPower or Able Body Labor, for inside tasks. 

I dont know a lot about a lot - but I do know that in SW FL, they couldn't find enough workers for 3-4 years to do shitty labor in heat.

I saw it every day for 18 months.  Legal businesses going out of business because they couldn't find legals to do the work.  Really.  Imagine how long you coudl last tarring and shingling a roof in humid, hot FL in August.  Imagine how much they'd have to pay you to cut down roach/rat infested trees as part of a landscape crew on Sanibel, when the air was so thick and hot it was hard to breathe, and mosquitoes ate the shit out of you.

You knows know your shit about immigration - but on this issue - labor in SW FL - there weren't willing participants who spoke english would do it.  Illegals would do it for $10 an hour.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »
I worked un university career center for 18 months.  I met dozens of construciton mgrs, contractors, roofers, homebuilders, from many of the top firms in the area.

They would come in and ask how to recruit people.  They'd describe it very clearly.  They wanted white guys who spoke english.  They didn't want illegals.  But the only 'legals' they would get were junkies who were rejectd by ManPower or Able Body Labor, for inside tasks. 

I dont know a lot about a lot - but I do know that in SW FL, they couldn't find enough workers for 3-4 years to do shitty labor in heat.

I saw it every day for 18 months.  Legal businesses going out of business because they couldn't find legals to do the work.  Really.  Imagine how long you coudl last tarring and shingling a roof in humid, hot FL in August.  Imagine how much they'd have to pay you to cut down roach/rat infested trees as part of a landscape crew on Sanibel, when the air was so thick and hot it was hard to breathe, and mosquitoes ate the shit out of you.

You knows know your shit about immigration - but on this issue - labor in SW FL - there weren't willing participants who spoke english would do it.  Illegals would do it for $10 an hour.
I would think that at some point many of these people who were formerly employed at the $10-15/hour level that were laid off may end up doing those jobs

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »
I don't know about SW Florida (other than I wish I was there at this time of the yr...Cleveland is f'n cold) but I know there are plenty of tradesmen that need construction jobs around here.  I just don't hear many people say they wouldn't do "x".

This concept of jobs mexican illegals taking only jobs that Americans don't want is mostly BS.  In most cases the employer save a lot of money on labor and taxes by hiring an illegal.  Thats why we must go after the employers hard.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »
I don't know about SW Florida (other than I wish I was there at this time of the yr...Cleveland is f'n cold) but I know there are plenty of tradesmen that need construction jobs around here.  I just don't hear many people say they wouldn't do "x".

This concept of jobs mexican illegals taking only jobs that Americans don't want is mostly BS.  In most cases the employer save a lot of money on labor and taxes by hiring an illegal.  Thats why we must go after the employers hard.

yeah, I hear OH is very very tough economically right now.

My brother just moved back from Akron, where I grew up.  He said up there, people fight hard for a $7 grocery clerk job.  It's competitive as hell.  He came down here and got a job without trying.  Up there, his firm closed and he was cold and just said screw it, and came back.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
I would think that at some point many of these people who were formerly employed at the $10-15/hour level that were laid off may end up doing those jobs

Thats exactly whats happening.   The mexicans have left  (Most of em).   And now the $15hr jobs are dropping to $7 hr because of long lines of more desperate people.........240 describes it above...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 01:56:57 PM »

The illegal aliens kept the construction prices down.

Bush were reluctant to do anything about the aliens for whatever reason.

Perhaps the construction worker unions are able to get the Democrats to slam down on the alien workers.

Do you want to get rid of the alien work force BTW?
As empty as paradise

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 07:23:57 AM »
Yes, we want to get rid of the alien workforce.  The idea that our economy will crash without them is a sham. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 07:59:23 PM »
I think americans will be ready to do all the menial jobs now that having NO job is reality.    So I think we can live without them.   

And for anyone on welfare, they should be forced to work or not receive benefits.   They dont know that work can actually build some self-esteem.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 09:10:56 AM »
The alien workforce is a good deal for everyone in a good economy with 4% unemployment.

But now, it's changing.