Author Topic: United Nations' threat: No more parental rights  (Read 3249 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: United Nations' threat: No more parental rights
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »

Impressive.     Beachbum, its your turn...... :D

::)

War-Horse

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: United Nations' threat: No more parental rights
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »
The article says "Teaching children about Christianity in schools has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC."  You think this is false?  I haven't verified it one way or the other.   

You claim to have read what my link to the original document. How then could you have missed this part?

Article 30

In those States in which ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities or persons of indigenous origin exist, a child belonging to such a minority or who is indigenous shall not be denied the right, in community with other members of his or her group, to enjoy his or her own culture, to profess and practise his or her own religion, or to use his or her own language.

If anything, this article protects the right of the child to actually be part of a religious cult, eg the Amish people or similar.

I don't know what other nations spend on defense.  I know there are some countries that spend very little (e.g., Japan). 
Japan is one of the biggest spenders in the world. But lets not focus on factual errors.

How do you know no one is getting sued?  The article suggests otherwise.
I've never heard about anyone getting sued. At what court would they get sued BTW?

This convention isn't made into law in any country I know of. It's just a convention that tries to raise the living standards for kids around the world.

I don't see how anyone could object to it.

And once again, read the original text instead of just reading some paranoid conspiracy theorists assertions.

No offence.

None taken.

Article 30 says nothing about teaching Christianity in schools and does not preserve any such right.  It also doesn't address whether some body, court, etc. has actually attempted to resolve a dispute over the treaty.

Although Japan is one of the "biggest spenders on defense," it only spends about 6 percent of its budget on defense.  So, in context, the actual defense spending in Japan is very small.  But let's not get all worked up over the facts.   :)

I don't know where disputes over this treaty would be resolved. 

As I said, I read the link.  I can absolutely see how someone could object to this thing, particularly in the U.S.  It's completely unnecessary.  We already have laws and agencies in place to protect our children (CPS, the courts, child labor laws, etc.).  The supreme court ruled not too long ago that we cannot execute minors.  We don't need some pie in the sky UN treaty to tell us what to do.