Author Topic: how weak does AAS make your tendons?  (Read 3610 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: how weak does AAS make your tendons?
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »
how weak does AAS make your tendons?

are you dyslexic?  ;D

How does AAS make your tendons weak?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
oh I don't know -- maybe it's normal to tear your bicep carrying a TV or tear your tricep falling down the stairs.  ::)

???

I guess you didn't understand.

your word placement was incorrect  ;)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »
You people...  ??? What about powerlifters, olympic lifters, strongmen? They also do drugs and they don't torn muscles so often like some bbers... AAS don't make your tendons weak... I'll tell you more, if you gent a tendon injury, run nadrolone and you'll see that the recovery time will be shorter. Allways Training with light weights and slppy form fucks you up!!! Soccer players torn much more muscles than a bber and they also run AAS but in smaller dosis...
S

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »
You people...  ??? What about powerlifters, olympic lifters, strongmen? They also do drugs and they don't torn muscles so often like some bbers... AAS don't make your tendons weak... I'll tell you more, if you gent a tendon injury, run nadrolone and you'll see that the recovery time will be shorter. Allways Training with light weights and slppy form fucks you up!!! Soccer players torn much more muscles than a bber and they also run AAS but in smaller dosis...

...just not true.

The Luke

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 03:14:38 PM »
Lee Priest tore his bicep carrying a flat screen tv.
Branch Warren tore his tricep falling down the stairs.
people keep tearing their pec and these days -- their lats.
I thought you AAS users said that steroids makes you stronger?
it's just an illusion.
in reality -- it makes you weaker than a drug free person -- to the point where carrying a tv will tear your bicep.
You have already asked this question AXA on the training board  ::)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
Dorian tore his bicep because he was doing a reverse grip bent over row.
Which is very dangerous for your biceps.

No, underhand bent over rows are not dangerous for the biceps any more than a mixed grip dead lift is.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 03:38:16 PM »
No, underhand bent over rows are not dangerous for the biceps any more than a mixed grip dead lift is.

Dude, both of those lifts are far more dangerous than the overhand version.

...a mixed deadlift grip IS dangerous for the bicep tendon, most people who tear biceps while deadlifting tear the bicep of the arm with the underhand grip.

...underhand grip bent over rows ARE dangerous, most people who tear biceps (lats seldom tear during rows) while doing rows tear the muscle while using an underhand grip.

How do you guys not know this stuff?

The Luke

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »
Juice causes your muscles to increase in strength faster than the tendons.  How many guys have you known have gone from say a 315 pound bench to 400lbs in a six week cycle?  The tendons don't grow as fast the muscle.  Another reason to train naturally. I believe juice has no effect on the tendons. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »
Dude, both of those lifts are far more dangerous than the overhand version.

...a mixed deadlift grip IS dangerous for the bicep tendon, most people who tear biceps while deadlifting tear the bicep of the arm with the underhand grip.

...underhand grip bent over rows ARE dangerous, most people who tear biceps (lats seldom tear during rows) while doing rows tear the muscle while using an underhand grip.

How do you guys not know this stuff?
The Luke

My point was that it's not dangerous if you aren't using a weight that you can't handle properly.  There are TONS of people who never tear their biceps while doing both of those moves, why's that?  Tendon and muscle tears happen due to numerous reasons and saying that a certain lift is the cause is just ignoring the many other factors involved.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
Great post by Nasser.

when nasser mentioned guys who were "going downhill" at the end of their carreer, he forgot to mention himself.

is there any more of shitty ending to a career than nasser.  he didnt even place in the last shows he entered.

typical nasser - always pointing the finger.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »
It's well known that the suplinated curl grip in the deadlift is the one to tear.  Bicep tears with olympic lifters are rare and they explode upward in the clean.  They of course keep their grip prone.  I have had a complete bicep rupture not a partial.  The bicep went up my shoulder.  This was done by deadlifting a commercial pool table with a curl grip when the balls wouldn't come out.  Yes, you can bust my chops at this.  I didn't know the table weighed over 1000lbs but I did get one side up about 5 inches.