Author Topic: Gimmicks - Best, outting and more  (Read 26010 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Gimmicks - Best, outting and more
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »
but why do you activate them :(
Because maybe two people live in the same house and only have 1 pc?
A

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »
good answer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2009, 02:54:26 AM »

I remember using that excuse about 10 yrs ago right after I first got onto the internet.
I had gotten into a HUGE flame war and debate with a producer out in LA who was purposely misleading people (in what we were unaware of at the time) an attempt to rile up actors to promote his movie. It worked like a charm. Every single one of us fell for the bait, and engaged in a very heated discussion, which is quite the understatement, ...especially when your talking about a bunch of disciples of the Meisner technique. {lol} To further inflame an already volatile situation, his writing style was that of an uptight, anal retentive, passive aggressive type ...ya know the kind... that make you just want to wring their necks? He claimed he was refusing to even read the response and urged readers not to read it either, unless I spoke to him in a more respectful manner.

Being as stubborn an individual as I was, my pride prevented me from altering my writing style to suit him, ...but at the same time, it was crucial to get the information out there for the benefit of the other readers who were being misled with his inaccurate information, ...so I created a gimmic account to calmy and respectfully provide my proof. I figured it would feed two birds with one worm. I could present my argument, and still save face. Well, wouldn't you know... all the readers spotted my gimmick right off the bat, and wanted to know why I shared the exact same IP as my gimmick. 

I was a complete and total computer newbie at the time, and had no idea what an IP address was, ...let alone a static IP address, which is what I had being on cable.  :o I soon realized that as a computer newbie, I was in waaay over my head and tried to duck out of it ASAP. I didn't know what an IP was, ...but figured it must be something unique coming from my computer. I just knew that whatever explanation I gave had better be one that could support such a scenario. As luck would have it, prior to sending the message through my gimmick account, I emailed it to myself to make sure the header info {name & edress) looked like it was coming from a completely different person (stupid, prideful and silly I know, ...but he really frosted my cookies and I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction). There was nothing I could do about the similar ISP and I wasn't really all that concerned about it anyway 'cause at that time, everyone in the US & Canada on cable had the same ISP.

My gimmick explained to the board that we had the same IP addy because we were roomates and shared the same computer. Then I forwarded a copy of the email my gimmick sent to me, as proof we were two separate people. I then disappeared from the venue for a few days, and allowed readers to weigh the evidence my gimmick had presented.  When I did get back to the board, they had read my arguments, ...and I had nothing but apologies waiting for me for some having accused me of being my roomate. My gimmick was immediately retired 'cause I knew I didn't know near as much about computers as I needed to to pull that off. ;D {Phew} I really dodged a bullet there.  :P

To make matters worse, a newspaper columnist had picked up the thread and started writing an article about it in conjunction with a movie release taking place at the time. Luckily, he could only refer to me or my gimmick by the names I had created for both. Dodged another bullet on that one too. {sigh} Oh the good ol days of complete anonymity...

I still haven't completely figured out this computer thingy... It was just 2 weeks ago I learned how to secure my wireless. I couldn't figure out why or how a Mac computer kept connecting to my internet.   
w

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2009, 03:09:08 AM »

I remember using that excuse about 10 yrs ago right after I first got onto the internet.
I had gotten into a HUGE flame war and debate with a producer out in LA who was purposely misleading people (in what we were unaware of at the time) an attempt to rile up actors to promote his movie. It worked like a charm. Every single one of us fell for the bait, and engaged in a very heated discussion, which is quite the understatement, ...especially when your talking about a bunch of disciples of the Meisner technique. {lol} To further inflame an already volatile situation, his writing style was that of an uptight, anal retentive, passive aggressive type ...ya know the kind... that make you just want to wring their necks? He claimed he was refusing to even read the response and urged readers not to read it either, unless I spoke to him in a more respectful manner.

Being as stubborn an individual as I was, my pride prevented me from altering my writing style to suit him, ...but at the same time, it was crucial to get the information out there for the benefit of the other readers who were being misled with his inaccurate information, ...so I created a gimmic account to calmy and respectfully provide my proof. I figured it would feed two birds with one worm. I could present my argument, and still save face. Well, wouldn't you know... all the readers spotted my gimmick right off the bat, and wanted to know why I shared the exact same IP as my gimmick. 

I was a complete and total computer newbie at the time, and had no idea what an IP address was, ...let alone a static IP address, which is what I had being on cable.  :o I soon realized that as a computer newbie, I was in waaay over my head and tried to duck out of it ASAP. I didn't know what an IP was, ...but figured it must be something unique coming from my computer. I just knew that whatever explanation I gave had better be one that could support such a scenario. As luck would have it, prior to sending the message through my gimmick account, I emailed it to myself to make sure the header info {name & edress) looked like it was coming from a completely different person (stupid, prideful and silly I know, ...but he really frosted my cookies and I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction). There was nothing I could do about the similar ISP and I wasn't really all that concerned about it anyway 'cause at that time, everyone in the US & Canada on cable had the same ISP.

My gimmick explained to the board that we had the same IP addy because we were roomates and shared the same computer. Then I forwarded a copy of the email my gimmick sent to me, as proof we were two separate people. I then disappeared from the venue for a few days, and allowed readers to weigh the evidence my gimmick had presented.  When I did get back to the board, they had read my arguments, ...and I had nothing but apologies waiting for me for some having accused me of being my roomate. My gimmick was immediately retired 'cause I knew I didn't know near as much about computers as I needed to to pull that off. ;D {Phew} I really dodged a bullet there.  :P

To make matters worse, a newspaper columnist had picked up the thread and started writing an article about it in conjunction with a movie release taking place at the time. Luckily, he could only refer to me or my gimmick by the names I had created for both. Dodged another bullet on that one too. {sigh} Oh the good ol days of complete anonymity...

I still haven't completely figured out this computer thingy... It was just 2 weeks ago I learned how to secure my wireless. I couldn't figure out why or how a Mac computer kept connecting to my internet.   

meltdown.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2009, 03:10:48 AM »
meltdown.

A totally uncalled for meltdown! This is a new level of meltdown!
P

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2009, 03:14:46 AM »
A totally uncalled for meltdown! This is a new level of meltdown!

Are you saying, Jaguar is an attention whore?  ;D

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2009, 03:15:47 AM »
Are you saying, Jaguar is a attention whore?  ;D

I'm agreeing with you 90%!
P

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2009, 03:18:06 AM »
meltdown.

Huh? how so? ...just laughing about an experience I had 10 yrs ago. Where's the meltdown?
w

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2009, 03:20:52 AM »
Huh? how so? ...just laughing about an experience I had 10 yrs ago. Where's the meltdown?

Wow, relax!!

No need to get all offensive on me!!

Whew, you could think this here wasn't the internet....

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2009, 05:38:40 AM »

meltdown #2

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2009, 08:13:33 AM »
meltdown x5
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »
Wow, relax!!

No need to get all offensive on me!!

Whew, you could think this here wasn't the internet....

Huh? ...I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to. It was purely accidental.  :-[

I am a little confused tho. I'm not quite seeing the meltdown you and others have referred to.
Could you please clarify?
w

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
Huh? ...I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to. It was purely accidental.  :-[

I am a little confused tho. I'm not quite seeing the meltdown you and others have referred to.
Meltdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2009, 06:59:27 PM »

meltdown again!!! :-\
A

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
jaguar melting all over the board :(

Alex23

« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2009, 09:18:16 PM »
That story is embarassing... some don't know when to shut up...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2009, 10:03:16 PM »

Im not reading that book , could you condense please?  ;)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2009, 01:00:28 AM »

lol, she seems to be proud to be dumb, and then she melts down and attacks me!!  :o :o

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2009, 05:14:50 AM »
lol, she seems to be proud to be dumb, and then she melts down and attacks me!!  :o :o

Actually, she claimed to have a 160 IQ. Einstein also had an estimated 160 IQ. While he applied himself to solving the mysteries of the universe, she decided that her IQ would be much better served peddling gas caps at shopping malls. Same thing, different approach I guess?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
but why do you activate them :(

Gayness.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »

Yes it is embarassing, ...but it happened over 10 yrs ago, so I'm able to laugh about it.   :D
w

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »
Gayness.

isaiah every post you make in past two months   every one  has to do with gimmick paranoia   cant you find something better to talk about? ::)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »
isaiah every post you make in past two months   every one  has to do with gimmick paranoia   cant you find something better to talk about? ::)
BMC are you saying drcock is a typical gimmick that claims all others are gay gimmicks?

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2009, 05:30:18 PM »
To further inflame an already volatile situation, his writing style was that of an uptight, anal retentive, passive aggressive type ...ya know the kind... that make you just want to wring their necks?

yeah i think we're all painfully aware of that type