Author Topic: Who created God?  (Read 7471 times)

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
Who created God?
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:04:51 AM »
Here is a good answer which may strengthen your faith....

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
Re: Who created God?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »
Don't you have original ideas? Stop posting youtube videos to do your talking for you.

I didn't watch the video BTW. I've already heard all of that Baloney.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »
IUf Darwin came back from the dead to warn us from hell, no one would blieve him

As Jesus said in a parable....

"If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
There is an only ever could be one and only consciousness.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
IUf Darwin came back from the dead to warn us from hell, no one would blieve him

As Jesus said in a parable....

"If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

That's not the same topic as who created God.

Give me a brief summary, in your own words, of what you think on who or what created God, if anything did. Why he needs no creator and the universe does.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:33:16 PM »
If God needed a creator, he wouldnt be God.

God needing a creator is a paradox just like a led zepelin, ect

I believe there is a God and his name is Jesus.

God neither has a beginning or an ending. He always was and is...

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 06:39:08 PM »
If God needed a creator, he wouldnt be God.

That's fine, for semantics. But it doesn't prove that this hypothetical being does not need a creator logically.

God neither has a beginning or an ending. He always was and is...

1. Why can't this be true for reality as well?

2. If God had no start, why did he choose to make the universe at the time he did? Why not earlier, Why not later? What was he doing before he made it? Did he even exist? In what sense did he exist and how could he be defined as God if he was doing nothing. In what sense can he even be said to exist before space/time/universe?

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »

That's fine, for semantics. But it doesn't prove that this hypothetical being does not need a creator logically.

1. Why can't this be true for reality as well?

2. If God had no start, why did he choose to make the universe at the time he did? Why not earlier, Why not later? What was he doing before he made it? Did he even exist? In what sense did he exist and how could he be defined as God if he was doing nothing. In what sense can he even be said to exist before space/time/universe?

These are very good questions that I pondered about a lot. I dont have the answer to these questions but what i do have is faith that there is something bigger than me and this world.

God could have created the world anytime he wishes, He is God.

If God created matter/energy and designed the systems that have propelled matter into its present arrangement, who or what accomplished that for God? This question bothered the heck out of me.

The universe has to have a beginning because the universe is comprised of matter. Matter cannot be eternal in nature.

If God is a being that is unlimited in time, and if He has access to every piece of time as if it were now, the question of who created God is an invalid question. 

The problem is like asking a person to draw a four-sided triangle.  Asking a question of who created God  is self-contradictory. Because God has no creator

When we ask, “Who or what created God?” we are making the assumption that God was created.  If God exists outside of time and space, and if He is the Creator of time and space, He obviously was not created.

Look around you and tell me that everything is not based on an intelligent design?

Life is not a mistake. It didnt happen by chance.... 

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »
did any of u guys ever read god is an ancient astraunat?
someone was telling me about this book today
w

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
did any of u guys ever read god is an ancient astraunat?
someone was telling me about this book today
Extraterrestrials? The word the concept of "god" was derived from in the bible actually meant "Gods (plural)," not God (singular). Therefore, the material was actually describing more than one "god." It would make a lot of sense if these "gods" were actually aliens.

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »
Who created God?

Humans....?

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:03:53 PM »
These are very good questions that I pondered about a lot. I dont have the answer to these questions but what i do have is faith that there is something bigger than me and this world.

WHy?

God could have created the world anytime he wishes, He is God.

But why NOW?

If God created matter/energy and designed the systems that have propelled matter into its present arrangement, who or what accomplished that for God? This question bothered the heck out of me.

I don't even understand the question.

The universe has to have a beginning because the universe is comprised of matter. Matter cannot be eternal in nature.

No. Matter does not need to have a beginning. We just know that this universe had some sort of start because we know there was a big bang.

If God is a being that is unlimited in time, and if He has access to every piece of time as if it were now, the question of who created God is an invalid question. 

The problem is like asking a person to draw a four-sided triangle.  Asking a question of who created God  is self-contradictory. Because God has no

Even if God has "access" to every piece of time, how does this make inquiring about Gods creator invalid? Why?

When we ask, “Who or what created God?” we are making the assumption that God was created.  If God exists outside of time and space, and if He is the Creator of time and space, He obviously was not created.

Look around you and tell me that everything is not based on an intelligent design?

Life is not a mistake. It didnt happen by chance.... 

How can God exist "outside of time and space" when he did something inside of space such as make the universe. And, if the bible is true, then God reaches into our time and space and does things to and for humanity. How can a being existing OUTSIDE of time interact with humans existing inside of time? It's a paradox which wouldn't be possible.

Things APPEAR intelligently designed because our human brains are formed that way. It's an illusion though.

Example:

The Giants causeway

Upon first look, most people would say it was designed by humans. This is an illusion, just like all of nature. This was formed naturally by lava quickly cooling after hitting water. It only appears intelligently designed.

Life isn't a "mistake" because there is no one to make the mistake.
Life isn't "chance" because natural selection is in control.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 09:30:48 AM »
Who created God?

Humans....?

very well put...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 09:42:16 AM »
Ron.

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 06:52:21 PM »

very well put...

Well we definitely defined it.  I personally believe there is something but I'd be foolish to define that which I'm supposed to have faith in as some old man in the sky just waiting to spank me in eternity for being that which he made... HUMAN!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
DAWG

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 11:03:37 AM »
Here is a good answer which may strengthen your faith....

8)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
Time initself started at the bigbang...

there is no such thing is always going back...(if u believe in the big bang)
carpe` vaginum!

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »
Time initself started at the bigbang...

there is no such thing is always going back...(if u believe in the big bang)

time travel is actually possible. there is no rule in physics that outlaws time travel. it happens everyday, although very minute.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 08:01:13 PM »
god to the 2nd power

MMC78

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
time travel is actually possible. there is no rule in physics that outlaws time travel. it happens everyday, although very minute.

You are right and wrong.  Forward travel through time isn't outlawed.  Backwards time travel introduces breaks at least one rule and introduces hard to reconcile issues with causality.

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 05:57:46 AM »
You are right and wrong.  Forward travel through time isn't outlawed.  Backwards time travel introduces breaks at least one rule and introduces hard to reconcile issues with causality.

I'm not necessarily talking about humans or complex matter traveling through time. That might happen in the distant future but backward time travel happens everyday.

What about the GPS satellites that need their clocks slowed down so they would correlate to the clocks on earth? Time is relative, so in that sense, it can go forward or backward.