Author Topic: Small prediction of this years Fitness industry - loom and doom  (Read 598 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Small prediction of this years Fitness industry - loom and doom
« on: February 06, 2009, 02:14:47 AM »
MD has some rocky times ahead, they seriously have to get their head out of their ass, assess the situation and stop posting all that Steroids bullshit in their mag, if they want to survive the looming
Economic holocaust that is.
Things will get tough for everybody in the fitness industry including the gyms, they are already lowering prices all over the place in order to attract more customers and convince the once they have already to stay.
The times when people joined the gym for the heck of it are over.
Supplement stores will have a hard time too, I cannot see them make a lot of profit I’m talking about the smaller shops of course.

All in all I wouldn’t be surprised if the fitness industry as such is not going to be the same by the end of this year, I think the whole industry as such has come as far as It can, last year and the years before you had to have a 6 figure job, a good car a house and a good body/work out.
A lot of people now will simply drop the gym because it’s the first thing they can do without.

But it’s not bad for all of us, the people that don’t work out because society is pressuring them into having an A Class body the once that actually like working out will benefit from  this, yes there will be
Less gyms around but I predict a comeback of the raw and uncompromising gyms and the BB lifestyle and an end to fitness – wellness – Pilatus.

flex1

• Getbig II
Re: Small prediction of this years Fitness industry - loom and doom
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:32:30 AM »
i absolutely agree. the scary part is my gym is more packed than ever in 25 years. membership is up as well as pt. but dont get me wrong, a crash is coming. i hope the weak close and the hard core stay going. if we can handle the storm we'll be all right

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:35:33 AM »
Due to the bad economy Ron has to make some cuts around here.

Your bandwidth wasting days are over, Stark.
from incomplete data

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:42:24 AM »
I think value for money gyms will survive and do okay so long as they don't have crazy overheads.

Don't forget their landlords aren't exactly gonna have people lined up to take over these large scale buildings so they may even get a break on rent or at least they should seek one.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 05:03:11 AM »
I think value for money gyms will survive and do okay so long as they don't have crazy overheads.

Don't forget their landlords aren't exactly gonna have people lined up to take over these large scale buildings so they may even get a break on rent or at least they should seek one.

I've had a very interesting chat with somebody who is a member of a comitee of a weighlifting club, it's interesting to see that a gym like this with litteraly zero costs (apart from Electricity insurance) compared
to the gyms that have to pay their employees and so forth.