Author Topic: Does Anyone Watch TNA?  (Read 4836 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Does Anyone Watch TNA?
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:52:45 AM »
I caught about an hour of it last night, it was terrible. Stupid storylines, boring matches, terrible characters and Scott Steiner oh brother. Also, does anyone know why Angle talks with a lisp now?

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
Re: Does Anyone Watch TNA?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
Heres the thing with TNA, its trying so hard to be the WWE with storylines and angles and its failing miserably at it. There is absolutely no consitancy with their shows at all.The sad thing is they have a roster full of talent and from a pure wrestling standpoint are possibly better than the cookie cutter WWE wrestlers that are working today.

With that in mind it is totally frustrating to watch because they should be playing to their strengths with great wrestling matches rather than what they are doing now which is exposing & highlighting their weaknesses which is poorly written skits/angles & storylines. This might cause some disagreements here but do you know why WWE is a better product from a story driven standpoint? - its because they have professional writers who do what they do best and thats write....TNA does not have that luxury and the senior writing staff are fucking abysmal. I mentioned this in an interview I did the other day and said WWEs worst storylines are probably Oscar worthy by TNAs standards.

I actually took my son to a TNA house show about 2 weeks back and he had a great time, hell I enjoyed it too. The highlight for me though was taking him backstage and all the wrestlers treating like a star and signing his shirt for him which was really great of them, there is a sense of a team effort back there and they all have the common purpose of doing great things but they need to play to there strengths and hide there weaknesses if they want to continue to move forward because as it stands right now the lack of continueity will damage them in the long term.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:06:17 AM »
I never noticed that Kurt talked with a lisp now.  I don't watch TNA that much.  I think Kurt has really kinda destroyed himself. Look how much weight he has lost. WWE wanted him to take some time off to recover and he would not do it, I think thats why he quit. I'm he was or still is on heavy pain killers. I think he almost destroyed his marriage too.
As I think TNA has some good wrestlers, but they have some guys that I just don't want to see anymore. Like Jeff Jarret, Scott Steiner, Booker T too for that matter, Conan was there for a while, Jessie James Armstrong, Billy Gunn, I could go on.   
When Jerry Jarret was promoting Tennessee, I heard bad things about him. Then when he bought the Sportatorium here in Dallas and was promoting the GWF out of there and the Fortworth Coliseum he would have these poor guys driving from Tennessee to pay them only like $25.
I'm not sue if Jerry Jaret and Bob Armstrong ( Road dogs dad ) still have anything to do with TNA or not.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »
unwatchable at least from a t.v. standpoint.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »
Jerry dont but jeff still does - Bullett im not sure of but obviously his son does. Dutch Mantell works behind the scenes too.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
Karl. I think Kurt left cause he wanted more time off and Vince didn't want to give it to him.  Also, Vince thought that with all the pain killers he was taking, that it was just a matter of time.  I also believe his marriage is over with Karen, and supposedly he's now boping the tall black female wrestler, forgot her name.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »
Karl. I think Kurt left cause he wanted more time off and Vince didn't want to give it to him.  Also, Vince thought that with all the pain killers he was taking, that it was just a matter of time.  I also believe his marriage is over with Karen, and supposedly he's now boping the tall black female wrestler, forgot her name.

Yup all true...allegedly when he was in WWE they had him on death watch because he was in such a bad way and didnt think he was going to see one day from the next but again thats just rumour. He divorced his wife late last year but it was on good terms (though she did lose her spot in TNA when it happened) and apparently he is seeing Rhaka Khan, hopefully he can give her some pointers i the ring because everytime ive seen her work she has been fucking rotton.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »
Isn't Russo behind the scenes at TNA?  The description of how angles are bad and go nowhere seems to be right up his alley.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:21:46 PM »
Yup I think its Russo, Mantell and ultimately Jeff jarrett has final say i think.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »
Yup I think its Russo, Mantell and ultimately Jeff jarrett has final say i think.

Someone needs to throw a real life beating on Russo and run him outta the business.  He is a cancer.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
the guy couldnt wite his name nevermind a decent storyline. The guy was carried in WWF and when he got to WCW he was exposed for that too.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 01:39:52 PM »
the guy couldnt wite his name nevermind a decent storyline. The guy was carried in WWF and when he got to WCW he was exposed for that too.

I know.  Around that time was when I was introduced to the "smart mark" stuff on the net.  He was just in the right place at the right time in WWF and destroyed WCW.  Did he get his job with TNA from J. Jarrets dad for pushing Jeff so hard in WCW?

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 01:56:20 PM »
I know.  Around that time was when I was introduced to the "smart mark" stuff on the net.  He was just in the right place at the right time in WWF and destroyed WCW.  Did he get his job with TNA from J. Jarrets dad for pushing Jeff so hard in WCW?
Good point

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »
FU.CK NO I CAN'T STAND WCW JR

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »
I'll catch TNA every now and then when I'm just flicking through the channels.  I've no idea what the current storylines/characters are.  Although I did see the Beautiful People, which brightened up my day somewhat!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
I'll catch TNA every now and then when I'm just flicking through the channels.  I've no idea what the current storylines/characters are.  Although I did see the Beautiful People, which brightened up my day somewhat!

The Beautiful People is the one fresh gimmick TNA had going for it and they even screwed that up. Now, Kip James comes out with them, gets in the way and mugs for the camera. If they were smart, they would've had him come out in a suit, be their bodyguard and stay in the background, but, no. They have him in Gay spandex shorts and a pink cutoff t-shirt. Plus, they had a ridiculous bit with a Sarah Palin lookalike. Besides the lack of believability, the storyline started after the election when the real Palin was no longer in the limelight. Epic fail on every level.