Author Topic: Has a study been done if specific music actually helps to motivate? (Serious)  (Read 1485 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
I would like to be interested anybody has ever done a real life study if certain songs/music can motive to perform better in any physical sport.
People have different tastes in music but I am sure there are certain songs out there that apeal to most people.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Hmm what about "You Suck" by Strapping Young Lad?

from incomplete data

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
I would like to be interested anybody has ever done a real life study if certain songs/music can motive to perform better in any physical sport.
People have different tastes in music but I am sure there are certain songs out there that apeal to most people.

How would you define/measure "motivation"??
just not good enough

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate

Hhaha, oh man I thought I'd heard it all. This one takes the fuckin cake!!
from incomplete data

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

While it's possible that many athletes (especially elite-level) can tune out anything, there's no question that music helps to put people in the mood for certain things, and yes, mood can and generally does have an impact on performance. 

Stark

• Getbig V
Hmm what about "You Suck" by Strapping Young Lad?

reported for posting off topic

How would you define/measure "motivation"??

Well take a person see what he can lift without music and with the right kinda music see if there is a difference - What I want to know is this - the right music = positive emotion = better performance?

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
Hhaha, oh man I thought I'd heard it all. This one takes the fuckin cake!!

think so  ;D

rk272727

• Getbig IV

you my friend are an idiot with no motivation
b