Author Topic: Gluten free....fibromyalgia....lactose intollerant...  (Read 1602 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Gluten free....fibromyalgia....lactose intollerant...
« on: February 06, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »
is it just me or does it seem like the same type of people who have one of these things...tends to have another at some point?  ??? :-\

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: Gluten free....fibromyalgia....lactose intollerant...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »
I think it all comes down to stress or more importantly how they deal with it.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
I don't eat Dairy or Gluten, I can't  >:(
S

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »
I was referring to the fibromyalgia.  Gluten and lactose is something you cannot help.
My cat throws up from drinking milk.  Lactose intolerant.  But the dumbass will still drink it everytime if I let him.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
My cat throws up from drinking milk.  But the dumbass will still drink it everytime if I let him.

Same with me  ;D
S

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 08:19:07 PM »
I think people just say have it to get attention, the cat too.

War-Horse

• Getbig V

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:02:39 PM »
How serious is fibromyalgia anyways?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 06:46:36 AM »

I think it can be pretty serious, but the vast majority of people I know who claim to have it, seem like people who always have the "latest" physical problem.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 07:31:12 AM »
I think it can be pretty serious, but the vast majority of people I know who claim to have it, seem like people who always have the "latest" physical problem.

Thats what I was thinking.. reminds me of this one comedian I heard who said "I thought I had mono one summer when I was younger, turns out I was just bored."

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »
Thats what I was thinking.. reminds me of this one comedian I heard who said "I thought I had mono one summer when I was younger, turns out I was just bored."

hahah, perfect.  I know this one lady and every time I see her she has some "ailment."  She goes to these whacky "doctors" and then can't understand why she feels like crap all the time.  No regular excercise, no job (husband has supported her for 30+ years), strange diet, etc...  She blamed Bush the last 8 years, so we will see now.... ;D

Mons Venus

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 07:41:47 AM »

Deep tissue massage is the cure.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 07:46:29 AM »
Deep tissue massage is the cure.

I take it Tbombz found the cure?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 08:23:23 AM »
I've never met someone with Fibromyalgia that wasn't fucking crazy.

Don't get it twisted because I'm not saying it isn't a real disease. Hell, there's even an accepted diagnostic test. I've just never once seen a case where the person didn't have substantial mental issues going on.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 11:01:49 AM »
I've never met someone with Fibromyalgia that wasn't fucking crazy.

Don't get it twisted because I'm not saying it isn't a real disease. Hell, there's even an accepted diagnostic test. I've just never once seen a case where the person didn't have substantial mental issues going on.

Mike Dusa said he had that.  That should have been the first clue that he had a substantial personality disorder.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »
A lot of things are connected. Lactose intolerant is just a certain enzyme missing, but i think a lot of diseases are caused by stress and bad nutrition which can create inflammation in several areas of the body. Eg the immune system.

For example I am reading a bit up on histamine levels. It can be influenced bad diet and it will influence certain hormonal levels in the brain. High levels of histamine can cause anxiety disorders and depression, but also other more "physical" symptoms like allergies.

$

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 02:20:22 PM »
Mike Dusa said he had that.  That should have been the first clue that he had a substantial personality disorder.

I'm not going to kick a guy who's down.

That opinion is based upon my experiences.

A lot of things are connected. Lactose intolerant is just a certain enzyme missing, but i think a lot of diseases are caused by stress and bad nutrition which can create inflammation in several areas of the body. Eg the immune system.

For example I am reading a bit up on histamine levels. It can be influenced bad diet and it will influence certain hormonal levels in the brain. High levels of histamine can cause anxiety disorders and depression, but also other more "physical" symptoms like allergies.

Eating a 'wrong food' basically keeps your body in a constant state of reaction to it. Fortunately lactose intolerant people are made aware of the issue. Aside from other issues, people with Fibro, CMS or whatever you want to call it have a difficulty hitting the stage of sleep when Delta waves occur. All the cases I've seen have been in people who had a lot going on and were incapacitated by relatively minor injuries. No one's gonna waste the money on a three phase nuclear scan because even having a diagnosis doesn't change the prognosis in 99% of cases. The only case I've ever seen get better was early in the presentation before she got used to being in pain and it responded to traction and aggressive deep tissue massage.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »
I'm not going to kick a guy who's down.

That opinion is based upon my experiences.

Eating a 'wrong food' basically keeps your body in a constant state of reaction to it. Fortunately lactose intolerant people are made aware of the issue. Aside from other issues, people with Fibro, CMS or whatever you want to call it have a difficulty hitting the stage of sleep when Delta waves occur. All the cases I've seen have been in people who had a lot going on and were incapacitated by relatively minor injuries. No one's gonna waste the money on a three phase nuclear scan because even having a diagnosis doesn't change the prognosis in 99% of cases. The only case I've ever seen get better was early in the presentation before she got used to being in pain and it responded to traction and aggressive deep tissue massage.

So fibro is characterized as; difficulty sleeping and chronic pain?  Where does this pain originate from and what are some of the other symptoms.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »
So fibro is characterized as; difficulty sleeping and chronic pain?  Where does this pain originate from and what are some of the other symptoms.

It's not 'difficulty sleeping' in the classic sense. Basically the theory is people with chronic pain syndromes don't spend the normal amount of time at the deeper levels of sleep.

The sleep issue is only one of the theories. 11/18 tender points, pain that is out of proportion to an injury, etc... it's a real disease but psychological issues have been a constant in my experience. It'll be a lot more common now that Lyrica commercials are on the television. :)

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »
"Thirty years ago, however, the medical establishment routinely dismissed fibromyalgia; in fact, it did not even have a name. Then, in the mid-1970s, a team of Canadian researchers discovered that they were able to induce tender spots in nearly all their subjects by depriving them of stage 4 sleep, one of the deepest stages of sleep. Only those who ran an average of two miles a day remained invulnerable.
“That was a total turnaround,” Arkfeld says. “The idea became, ‘Let’s improve patients’ stage 4 sleep and help them become more aerobically fit.’ That remains the main treatment today.”  - http://www.usc.edu/hsc/info/pr/hmm/03spring/tenderpoints.html

the cure is to stop being lazy not unlike mono?