Author Topic: Michael Phelps  (Read 11061 times)

body88

Re: Michael Phelps
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
And if he kicks his dog you'll call for the death penalty.   :)

Thats where we differ.  I got upset over Mike Vick torturing and killing animals.  You got upset about a kid smoking some pot.  It's not the same.  You lost the argument when I exposed your inconsistent views on an athletes behavior.  You better believe I would feel the same way about Phelps as I do about Vick is he fought dogs, tortured and killed dogs and tossed family pets in the ring for fun with fighting dogs.  But he didn't so it's a bad point to make.  I showed how you makes excuses for convicted criminals like Colt Brennen and Javon Bass, but you jump on the soapbox when a kid gets caught smoking some pot.  By your standards Colt Brennen should never have played in the NCAA again, and apparently you have no problem with your kids looking up to UH football players who came straight from jail to the team.

Phelps smoking pot and Mike Vick hanging dogs with extension cords for a laugh, man, you're really trying at this point.  I think it's funny that you say I would want a person banned from a sport for kicking a dog, when it's clear Mike Vick did much, much more than that. At this point your just fighting for air before you go under.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »
Thats where we differ.  I got upset over Mike Vick torturing and killing animals.  You got upset about a kid smoking some pot.  It's not the same.  You lost the argument when I exposed your inconsistent views on an athletes behavior.  You better believe I would feel the same way about Phelps as I do about Vick is he fought dogs, tortured and killed dogs and tossed family pets in the ring for fun with fighting dogs.  But he didn't so it's a bad point to make.  I showed how you makes excuses for convicted criminals like Colt Brennen and Javon Bass, but you jump on the soapbox when a kid gets caught smoking some pot.  By your standards Colt Brennen should never have played in the NCAA again, and apparently you have no problem with your kids looking up to UH football players who came straight from jail to the team.

Phelps smoking pot and Mike Vick hanging dogs with extension cords for a laugh, man, your really trying at this point.  I think it's funny that you say I would a person banned from a sport for kicking a dog, when it's clear Mike Vick did much, much more than that.  Wow.

Thats even more of a reason to kill the pot smoking laws. this dude can toke up and still get the most medals ever in history of olympics...maybe pot dosent kill your motivation..Boom

body88

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 12:44:20 PM »
Thats even more of a reason to kill the pot smoking laws. this dude can toke up and still get the most medals ever in history of olympics...maybe pot dosent kill your motivation..Boom

Thats fine with me.  Pot is no worse than a beer.  Of course beachbum is making a connection between dog fighting, hanging dogs with extension cords and throwing fido in the pit with a fighting dog to toking up, lol.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 12:45:05 PM »
Thats fine with me.  Pot is no worse than a beer.  Of course beachbum is making a connection between dog fighting, hanging dogs with extension cords and throwing fido in the pit with a fighting dog to toking up, lol.

boom...beer is worse..a lot people forget THE FUCKIN KID WAS 22....god damn

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
So how long till he cops a plea?   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »
So how long till he cops a plea?   :)

These charges are all for show to appease the moral thumper clans putting pressure on the authorities to do something about it. 

It will turn out to another "only the government can do it" big fat bucket of wasted money.  Just like 300 million for electric carts of 200 million to prove Clinton was having an affair.

Its a misdemeanor FFS.  How are they going to prove there was weed in the bong without the weed or the bong at the time of the crime?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
These charges are all for show to appease the moral thumper clans putting pressure on the authorities to do something about it. 

It will turn out to another "only the government can do it" big fat bucket of wasted money.  Just like 300 million for electric carts of 200 million to prove Clinton was having an affair.

Its a misdemeanor FFS.  How are they going to prove there was weed in the bong without the weed or the bong at the time of the crime?

By getting the people who were in the room to plead guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence and testimony against Phelps.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »
By getting the people who were in the room to plead guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence and testimony against Phelps.

why would you agree it was a waste of money

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 02:02:31 PM »
why would you agree it was a waste of money

Agree with what?  I was just responding to Ozmo's question.  I don't really care one way or the other whether he is charged or convicted.  But I have zero sympathy for him.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 02:03:08 PM »

Lesser for what?

Their cases will be solely based hearsay, any defense lawyer would have afield day with this.

Additionally, if you go the site i post, It lists the maximum fines and penalties, so in the remote chance they get a conviction no judge is going slap that on anyone.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 02:10:54 PM »
Lesser for what?

Their cases will be solely based hearsay, any defense lawyer would have afield day with this.

Additionally, if you go the site i post, It lists the maximum fines and penalties, so in the remote chance they get a conviction no judge is going slap that on anyone.  

Lesser meaning they get no jail time, shorter probation time, etc.  If someone was in the room and says something to the effect of:  "There was pot in the room, I was smoking pot, there was pot in the bong, and Phelps was in the room smoking pot," that with his picture is more than enough, especially if more than one person says it.  They have the smoking gun (so to speak).       

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »
Lesser meaning they get no jail time, shorter probation time, etc.  If someone was in the room and says something to the effect of:  "There was pot in the room, I was smoking pot, there was pot in the bong, and Phelps was in the room smoking pot," that with his picture is more than enough, especially if more than one person says it.  They have the smoking gun (so to speak).       

I'm telling ya, any lawyer with a half a brain could shred that.  First they have to have a case that the person was smoking pot.  How do they do that?  Then they have to sell the person who would have representation that the judge will send then to jail.  All of which won't happen with a lawyer involved.

This is ALL show.  So anal goodie 2 shoes belonging to some bean counting organization with a moral inventory raised hell.  That's why this is happening now.

Just so you know, I also don't care either way.   He's dealing with the consequences for his actions and that's good, no matter what those consequences will end up being, save actual jail time.  But it's interesting to discuss and debate it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
I'm telling ya, any lawyer with a half a brain could shred that.  First they have to have a case that the person was smoking pot.  How do they do that?  Then they have to sell the person who would have representation that the judge will send then to jail.  All of which won't happen with a lawyer involved.

This is ALL show.  So anal goodie 2 shoes belonging to some bean counting organization with a moral inventory raised hell.  That's why this is happening now.

Just so you know, I also don't care either way.   He's dealing with the consequences for his actions and that's good, no matter what those consequences will end up being, save actual jail time.  But it's interesting to discuss and debate it.

Well we'll see.  Without the picture I might agree with you, but pretty hard to get past the picture. 

I think high profile prosecutions are always about show to a degree.  This could catapult someone's career. 

It is an interesting discussion. 

But I take issue with the "goodie 2 shoes" remark.  That was actually one of the highest compliments I ever received when my kids called me that.   :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2009, 03:20:29 PM »
Well we'll see.  Without the picture I might agree with you, but pretty hard to get past the picture. 

I think high profile prosecutions are always about show to a degree.  This could catapult someone's career. 

It is an interesting discussion. 

But I take issue with the "goodie 2 shoes" remark.  That was actually one of the highest compliments I ever received when my kids called me that.   :D

The picture on proves he was inhaling something.  It doesn't prove there was weed in it. 

lol, you are a principled person.  It's a good thing.  However there are some people ("goodie 2 shoes") who would be filing a court marshall on the basis of theft on a Captain because he didn't fill out the right forms when took ammo from the ammo dump during an attack on the base.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »
Based on the picture?

What a joke
Seriously.  So if I smoke Hookah and it looks like a funky bong can they assume I'm smoking pot?  I don't like pot heads but trying to charge Phelps based on this evidence is stupid.  If that's the case then all the users in baseball and football need to do time too.
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2009, 03:58:56 PM »
Seriously.  So if I smoke Hookah and it looks like a funky bong can they assume I'm smoking pot?  I don't like pot heads but trying to charge Phelps based on this evidence is stupid.  If that's the case then all the users in baseball and football need to do time too.
Trying to charge him at all is dumb..he will get at max $200 fine...and 30 days in jail...IT COST WAY MORE TO GO AFTER THIS DUMB SHIT. the economics of it is stupid

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »
I can see the value of prosecuting Phelps.  It would show the millions of kids he influences that bad actions have serious consequences.  Good lesson. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »
I can see the value of prosecuting Phelps.  It would show the millions of kids he influences that bad actions have serious consequences.  Good lesson. 
It would be hard from a photo.  Would you support criminal charges for Arod?  There is no way to prove what was in the bong so I think it is a waste of tax payer money.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »

Do you tell your kids not to look up to UH players because many of them are convicted criminals fresh out of jail.  Would you agree that UH's recruitment money should not be spent on such low character players?  In Colt Brennen and Jovon Bass' case, children have learned that you can break into a woman's dorm room ate at night and that you can steal a car and still be a big football star!  You have not directly addressed how you can feel the way you do about these uh players (and make excuses for these players actions over and over) - yet you want the hammer dropped on Phelps. You do believe that torturing and killing dogs for years is the same as smoking some refer, so I think your view on the subject is distorted as a whole.

What a waste of the taxpayers money.  Instead of NC giving some extra money to the police force they spend it on trying bring charges against a 23 year old who had a picture taken of himself smoking some pot. Beach thinks kids are going to think twice about weed because of this.  Next time someone offers little Johnny a hit of a bong in Indiana, you know Johnny is going to have flash backs of what happened to Mike Phelps and pass the bong.  Please. 

Maybe if all these outraged parents spent more time with their kids and more time teaching them right from wrong they wouldn't have to worry about athletes doing it.  Teens are going to be exposed to all the things parents are afraid off.  If they do a good job they won't have to worry.  My parents always taught me how to act responsibly with booze and to refuse drugs.  Larry Bird didn't tell me to do it.  I never drank to much, I never smoked to much.  The kids who were ultra sheltered from everything where the ones getting loaded and turning into drug addicts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2009, 09:56:13 AM »
It would be hard from a photo.  Would you support criminal charges for Arod?  There is no way to prove what was in the bong so I think it is a waste of tax payer money.

I don't know if I would support criminal charges for Arod.  Depends on the charge, facts, etc. 

Cap do you honestly believe that Phelps was not smoking pot in the photo?  It's already been proved as far as I'm concerned. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2009, 09:59:04 AM »
I don't know if I would support criminal charges for Arod.  Depends on the charge, facts, etc. 

Cap do you honestly believe that Phelps was not smoking pot in the photo?  It's already been proved as far as I'm concerned. 
I'm just saying, we know Arod took roids, same with Bonds...they copped to it. 

I do think Phelps was smoking pot but I don't think they would meet the burden of proof in this case.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2009, 10:03:42 AM »
Do you tell your kids not to look up to UH players because many of them are convicted criminals fresh out of jail.  Would you agree that UH's recruitment money should not be spent on such low character players?  In Colt Brennen and Jovon Bass' case, children have learned that you can break into a woman's dorm room ate at night and that you can steal a car and still be a big football star!  You have not directly addressed how you can feel the way you do about these uh players (and make excuses for these players actions over and over) - yet you want the hammer dropped on Phelps. You do believe that torturing and killing dogs for years is the same as smoking some refer, so I think your view on the subject is distorted as a whole.

What a waste of the taxpayers money.  Instead of NC giving some extra money to the police force they spend it on trying bring charges against a 23 year old who had a picture taken of himself smoking some pot. Beach thinks kids are going to think twice about weed because of this.  Next time someone offers little Johnny a hit of a bong in Indiana, you know Johnny is going to have flash backs of what happened to Mike Phelps and pass the bong.  Please. 

Maybe if all these outraged parents spent more time with their kids and more time teaching them right from wrong they wouldn't have to worry about athletes doing it.  Teens are going to be exposed to all the things parents are afraid off.  If they do a good job they won't have to worry.  My parents always taught me how to act responsibly with booze and to refuse drugs.  Larry Bird didn't tell me to do it.  I never drank to much, I never smoked to much.  The kids who were ultra sheltered from everything where the ones getting loaded and turning into drug addicts.

Many of them aren't convicted criminals fresh out of jail.  And I don't know who "Jovon Bass" is.  So I can't help you.  I have addressed your red herring arguments that have nothing to do with Michael Phelps.  Go back and read the thread, and pay special attention to page 2. 

I've also addressed your abject hypocrisy regarding athlete indiscretions, and the fact you value dogs more than humans.  But that's neither here nor there. 

I think what I'll teach my kids is to ensure they don't become like the rapists who attend Boston College.   :)

BC football player charged with rape
Alleged victim had rejected suspect's advances

Brady J. Smith was arraigned. 

Email|Print|Single Page| Text size – + By Bob Hohler
Globe Staff / April 23, 2008
Playing football at Boston College was a proud tradition for one Maryland family. Charlie Smith began the legacy as BC's captain in 1965. His son, Charles Jr., played for the Eagles in the 1990s, as did his nephew, Matt Smith.

more stories like thisBut the family's decades-long relationship with the school took a disturbing twist yesterday when Matt's brother, Brady J. Smith, was arraigned in Brighton Municipal Court on felony charges that he broke into a campus apartment and raped a female student.

Smith, 20, a 6-foot-2-inch, 285-pound defensive lineman who hoped to play professional football, was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail after a prosecutor told the court that Smith sexually assaulted the woman in her sleep about 4 a.m. Saturday after she spurned his physical advances at The Kells, an Allston nightspot.

"There was some premeditation involved," Megan O'Rourke, assistant Suffolk district attorney, told Judge Patricia Bernstein as Smith watched in handcuffs from a locked prisoner's dock. "The victim was being hit on by the defendant earlier that evening. When she rebuffed him, he followed and came to her home, and he went up to her bedroom and he touched her in a manner that she did not want."

In a written statement she gave the BC police, the alleged victim reported that she "awakened to someone standing over me in inappropriate ways."

"Once I was able to come to/wake up, I noticed that it was Brady Smith and I realized that his hand was down my pants," she wrote.

When the alleged victim realized what was happening, she told Smith "to get the [expletive] out" of her room, awakening her female roommate, who called campus police, she wrote. BC officers arrested Smith soon afterward in a campus parking lot. They alleged that he was intoxicated.

Smith's lawyer, Philip A. Tracy Jr., declined to discuss specifics of the case, though he indicated in court that he would explore how drinking might have influenced the evening's events.

Tracy said Smith "has been kicked out of school and taken off scholarship" because of the allegations. BC spokesman Jack Dunn said Smith was summarily suspended from school pending the outcome of the case and was indefinitely suspended from the football team.

"I think this all revolves around alcohol," Tracy told the judge. "Unfortunately, sometimes alcohol fuels a whole host of problems that can be devastating."

Smith - wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, as he did when arrested - stood silently during the 12-minute arraignment. He glanced several times at his father, his brother, and a family friend in the courtroom. He has been jailed since his arrest.

O'Rourke said Smith was familiar with the alleged victim because he had dated one of her roommates. The prosecutor said the alleged victim decided to leave The Kells because Smith continued to make advances after she asked him to stop.

Smith entered the women's modular apartment at BC through an unlocked rear sliding door, according to O'Rourke. She said Smith first entered his former girlfriend's bedroom, but he left when he discovered the woman's brother in the room.

Smith then allegedly entered the second bedroom and assaulted the sleeping woman, who is a senior at BC, the prosecutor said.

Tracy asked for lower bail, noting that Smith has no criminal record and no history of disciplinary problems at BC. Bernstein rejected the request, ordering Smith to stay away from Boston College and the accuser if he posts bail.

"He is suffering at this point," Tracy told the judge. "Luckily, he has a family who will stand beside him as we try to sort out this mess."

Smith, who was redshirted his freshman year, started 20 of the 24 games he played the last two seasons, as the Eagles posted 10-3 and 11-3 records, including postseason bowl victories.

A three-sport high school star at Loyola Blakefield in Maryland, Smith was the heavyweight wrestling champion of the state's private schools and was such a promising lacrosse player that he received a scholarship offer from the University of Maryland in that sport.

But Smith had his heart set on a football career. In 2004, he told the Baltimore Sun that former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett was "pretty stupid" for entering the NFL draft after one only one year of college. Smith said he planned to spend at least three years in college.

He is due back in court May 19 for a probable cause hearing.

Smith is the third member of BC's 2007 football team to face criminal charges. Offensive lineman Gosder Cherilus and defensive back DeJuan Tribble, both of whom are expected to be selected this weekend in the NFL draft, were charged last July with two counts of assault stemming for a brawl at the Greatest Bar near North Station. They are due back in court in June.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/04/23/bc_football_player_charged_with_rape/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »
I'm just saying, we know Arod took roids, same with Bonds...they copped to it. 

I do think Phelps was smoking pot but I don't think they would meet the burden of proof in this case.

Bonds is an idiot, just like Clemens and McGuire.

I really don't think it would be hard at all to prove he was smoking pot.  I seriously doubt any reasonable person sitting on a jury will listen to people who were in the room say they were all smoking pot, look at the picture of Phelps with the bong, listen to his public comments, and conclude they have a "reasonable doubt" about whether he was actually smoking it. 

body88

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »
Many of them aren't convicted criminals fresh out of jail.  And I don't who "Jovon Bass" is.  So I can't help you.  I have addressed your red herring arguments that have nothing to do with Michael Phelps.  Go back and read the thread, and pay special attention to page 2. 

The coach admits that he recruits players from jail.  You should be appalled. Come on beach, you're all about athletes and their moral responsibilities .  how can you be a fan of a team that recruits scumbag criminals!? I have told you three times now that I exposed your fanhood of convicted criminals on the UH team, but your biased opinion regardring Mike Phelps.  nice dig about Bass, the fact is he was a criminal who was recruited from your program and you make excuses for him.  Hell, I watched him play more than you did this year and I can't even spell his name.  I think you said the former criminal was an elite wr?  No.  You have been exposed as a hypocrite, plain and simple.

I've also addressed your abject hypocrisy regarding athlete indiscretions, and the fact you value dogs more than humans.  But that's neither here nor there. 

False, you took my opinion of an athlete who tortured and killed animals for fun and tried to tie it to Mike Phelps getting caught smoking week.  Again, you have been exposed.

I think what I'll teach my kids is to ensure they don't become like the rapists who attend Boston College.   :)
What do I care about a scumbag rapist at Boston College?  When did I defend that player?  When did I ever defend a Boston College player for doing anything in bad taste or that was illegal.  Oh yes.......never.  I'm sure UH will try to recruit him since they actually target criminals.  I'm glad that trash will be kicked of the team and persued by UH.  Again, you take a shot at me and avoid my question.  You allow your kids to be fans of criminals like Colt Brennen and Bass, but you rip on Phelps for smoking some dope.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2009, 10:32:10 AM »
Then there are these guys.  What kind of program are they running at BC??  And what kind of hypocrite would support the program that recruits rapists and thugs, but be appalled when a person abuses animals?   :-\ 

BC's Cherilus, Tribble accused of assaulting bar patron
ESPN.com news services

Two Boston College football players charged Wednesday with assault and battery in connection with a July bar fight will remain active with the team and not be disciplined by coach Jeff Jagodzinski.

Offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, a team co-captain, and defensive back DeJuan Tribble, along with Massachusetts State Police sergeant Joseph J. Boike, were charged with assaulting a patron at a Boston sports bar after he refused to clear an area for a group of Eagles players, The Boston Globe reported.

Cherilus and Tribble were each charged with one count of assault and battery and one count of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. The customer, 28-year-old Sean Maney, suffered a broken neck and other injuries, The Globe reported.

Philip A. Tracy Jr., who represents Cherilus and Tribble, told The Globe that both players will plead not guilty at their arraignment Oct. 1.

"They were, unfortunately, in the wrong place at the wrong time," Tracy told the newspaper. "They are innocent of any intentional assault on this man."

Cherilus, listed at 6-foot-7 and 319 pounds, is a fifth-year senior as is Tribble, a 5-9, 190-pound cornerback. The two practiced with the Eagles on Wednesday after testifying at their court hearing.

"I've reviewed all the facts and I am confident that they will be cleared and found innocent," Jagodzinski said Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2988209

Bullock faces charges Football player suspended by BC
Article from:The Boston Globe (Boston, MA) Article date:April 8, 1997 Author: Michael Vega, Globe Staff More results for: boston college football arrested | Copyright informationCopyright 1997 The Boston Globe. (Hide copyright information) 

Boston College football player Michael Bullock was suspended from the university and barred from his campus housing after being arraigned in Brighton District Court yesterday morning on assault charges stemming from a fight during an on-campus party late Saturday night.

His case was continued until April 30.

Bullock, 20, a 5-foot-10-inch, 163-pound sophomore wide receiver from Dallas, was arrested by campus police Saturday night, transferred to the custody of Boston Police, and charged with assault and battery and indecent assault and battery for allegedly fondling the breasts of a female student and then punching her in the face during a party . . . .

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8428387.html