Author Topic: Atheist Group Buys Billboards Honoring Darwin  (Read 9890 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Atheist Group Buys Billboards Honoring Darwin
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 11:16:06 AM »
DAWG

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 11:17:54 AM »
There's no reason to squirm here. First, such an order would be rare, to say the least. Second, there would be a detailed explanation for such a task. As we've discussed numerous times with the Amalekites, the reason for judgment being rendered on them was due to their assault on the Isrealites, as they were leaving Egypt (targeting their weak and feeble), and their CONTINUED attacks on Israel for over 300 years.

Much as Hamas is today, no matter how many chances they were given to desist or make amends (or at least, do a cease-fire), the Amalekites kept hammering Israel. Hence, the edict was made, which as you know, a certain king did NOT execute fully.

But, as also stated on numerous occasions, children unfortunately suffer for the wickedness of their parents, which is what happened in this case.

Wow, another classic example that reinforces many of the assertions here against religion.   You are likening the Amalikites to Hamas.  Should we go in a  bash every child's head there too?

Such a primitive narrow minded view that causes problems/death.  I bet the 19 hijackers thought the similar things about the innocent when they were slamming their planes in the WTC's

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
Is there any point in arguing with someone who says that they would BASH THE HEAD IN OF A 2 YEAR OLD GIRL BECAUSE GOD SAID SO?

I think not.

If God (if he existed) told me to Bash the head in of a 2 year old Girl I would say GO FUCK YOURSELF GOD!

Anyone who says that they would do such a terrible thing really doesn't even warrant my time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 12:04:03 PM »
Is there any point in arguing with someone who says that they would BASH THE HEAD IN OF A 2 YEAR OLD GIRL BECAUSE GOD SAID SO?

I think not.

If God (if he existed) told me to Bash the head in of a 2 year old Girl I would say GO FUCK YOURSELF GOD!

Anyone who says that they would do such a terrible thing really doesn't even warrant my time.

As I said elsewhere, you have no problem dismembering children of an EVEN YOUNGER AGE, just because someone with a Ph.D says it's not a baby.

Do you tell those doctors the same thing you would tell God?

Or, better yet, if you remember WWII, do you drop the A-Bomb on Hiroshima, knowing full well that Japanese women and children will die as well, but also knowing that if you do not, Japan will continue their attacks on you and your people, until you are destroyed?

Wow, another classic example that reinforces many of the assertions here against religion.   You are likening the Amalikites to Hamas.  Should we go in a  bash every child's head there too?

Indeed, I am likening Hamas to the Amalekites, because their enemies of old, Israel's current foes have made it clear that, no matter how many peace treaties, cease-fires, land-grants, or any other methods of appeasement/reconciliation are made (by the U.S. the UN, or anyone else), they WILL NOT STOP THEIR ATTACKS until Israel is destroyed. And, they will hide behind their own women and children to get the job done.

You're playing semantics with the manner of death that befalls these children. Whether you use a missile strike or do the "bashing" that you love to keep hollering, unfortunately, those kids aren't any less DEAD!! But, as sad as it is, the children of Hamas will pay their price for their parents' "Death to Israel" mindset and subsequent actions.

Such a primitive narrow minded view that causes problems/death.  I bet the 19 hijackers thought the similar things about the innocent when they were slamming their planes in the WTC's

Then someone should tell Hamas now)or should have told the Amalekites then (as if they didn't get the message after 300+ years) to knock it off.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »

Then someone should tell Hamas now)or should have told the Amalekites then (as if they didn't get the message after 300+ years) to knock it off.

An when there is genocide one wonders how such a tragic thing can happen and here we see its roots, in that a person would actually see justification in killing children.  In so many ways we have progressed as a society and yet, in some the understanding of things still remains medieval.

No need for outrage, I know what it is to believe the literal word of the bible as the word of God. It means you advocate genocide and slavery among many other things.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »
An when there is genocide one wonders how such a tragic thing can happen and here we see its roots, in that a person would actually see justification in killing children.  In so many ways we have progressed as a society and yet, in some the understanding of things still remains medieval.

It's no different than the A-Bomb that we dropped on Hiroshima, KNOWING THAT CHILDREN WOULD BE KILLED IN THE PROCESS. Does that now make us "medieval"?

No need for outrage, I know what it is to believe the literal word of the bible as the word of God. It means you advocate genocide and slavery among many other things.

By that logic, I know what it is not to believe the Bible as the word of God. It means you advocate letting your enemies assault you, YOUR WOMEN, and YOUR CHILDREN, until you are completely annihilated. Or letting the women and children of your enemies starve and die (or get picked off by someone else).

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
It's no different than the A-Bomb that we dropped on Hiroshima, KNOWING THAT CHILDREN WOULD BE KILLED IN THE PROCESS. Does that now make us "medieval"?

Yes, it does.  Hiroshima was a terrible thing to do.

By that logic, I know what it is not to believe the Bible as the word of God. It means you advocate letting your enemies assault you, YOUR WOMEN, and YOUR CHILDREN, until you are completely annihilated. Or letting the women and children of your enemies starve and die (or get picked off by someone else).

No.  Did we have to commit genocide with Germany?  Japan?  Italy?  Every other country that lost a war?

Only the simple minded would believe that a "nation of people" is 100% evil down to the bone and must exterminated.  Sounds very Nazi-ish huh?

and let's not forget these things are solutions from man NOT GOD.  NOT THE all powerful GOD.  who could have transported the Amailkites to a planet of their very own.   :D

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 01:36:13 PM »
For the record...I oppose Hiroshima/Nagasaki and late term abortions. Not that this is even relevant. The fanatic is just deflecting.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
For the record...I oppose Hiroshima/Nagasaki and late term abortions. Not that this is even relevant. The fanatic is just deflecting.

Late-term, early term, it's still a baby. And, you're the one deflecting (notwithstanding the fact that this thread isn't even about this issue, in the first place). You have no problem killing a baby, based on what a doctor said about its development. So quit flapping your gums about my response to Ozmo, which (as mentioned elsewhere) may have been simply an attempt to grill me more the issue, by expecting me not to give him a "Yes" or "No" answer.

Yes, it does.  Hiroshima was a terrible thing to do.

No.  Did we have to commit genocide with Germany?  Japan?  Italy?  Every other country that lost a war?

Last time I checked, Germany and Italy said "I quit!" before the atomic hammer came town. Yes, Hiroshima was terrible. But, it was necessary.

Only the simple minded would believe that a "nation of people" is 100% evil down to the bone and must exterminated.  Sounds very Nazi-ish huh?

So, once again, what's to be done with the survivors, Ozmo. If they get assimilated, you whine about slavery (I'm sure, were we to crush Al Qaeda underfoot, you aren't going to be first in line, demanding that their surviviors become U.S. citizens with all the constitutional rights and priveleges you currently enjoy). If they get left to starve and die, you whine about cruelty. If they are destroyed as part of the collateral damage, you complain about "genocide".

and let's not forget these things are solutions from man NOT GOD.  NOT THE all powerful GOD.  who could have transported the Amailkites to a planet of their very own.   :D

And, they can develop the technology to fly back to Earth and attack the Israelites AGAIN. Or did you forget that they resumed their attacks on Israel, after Saul spared some of them, contrary to God's instructions?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »

And, they can develop the technology to fly back to Earth and attack the Israelites AGAIN. Or did you forget that they resumed their attacks on Israel, after Saul spared some of them, contrary to God's instructions?
::)

God can put an invisible shield around their planet preventing them from ever leaving their planet.  You see it's not so hard to think of something to do if you are an "all powerful god", but if you are so simple minded as to bash the head of little girl because GOD said so, then i guess you might in the same boat and the women who drowned her 4 children on God's orders.

So, once again, what's to be done with the survivors, Ozmo. If they get assimilated, you whine about slavery (I'm sure, were we to crush Al Qaeda underfoot, you aren't going to be first in line, demanding that their surviviors become U.S. citizens with all the constitutional rights and priveleges you currently enjoy). If they get left to starve and die, you whine about cruelty. If they are destroyed as part of the collateral damage, you complain about "genocide".

What was done in Germany, and Japan?  Use your head.  Open your eyes.

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 05:32:17 PM »
The A-bomb was meant for Nazi Germany, not Japan. It was totally unnecessary for the US to drop it in Japan. Yes, it made the Japanese surrender, doesn't make it right.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 05:46:49 AM »
::)

God can put an invisible shield around their planet preventing them from ever leaving their planet.  You see it's not so hard to think of something to do if you are an "all powerful god", but if you are so simple minded as to bash the head of little girl because GOD said so, then i guess you might in the same boat and the women who drowned her 4 children on God's orders.

Or, He can choose to eliminate the problem altogether. It's His choice, whether you like it or not.

And, NO! I am not in the same boat as Andrea Yates, for the reason I outlined on L Dawg's thread.

What was done in Germany, and Japan?  Use your head.  Open your eyes.

Again, you should take your own advice. What you're doing is playing semantics, regarding the manner of death of the children of one's enemies. As I said elsewhere, when it was time to take action against Al Qaeda, it's safe to say that you weren't all that concerned about the little girls of AQ terrorists.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 08:01:24 AM »
Or, He can choose to eliminate the problem altogether. It's His choice, whether you like it or not.

And he "chose" to commit an immoral act when he had the ability to choose not to which negates him from divinity, hence negates the Bible from divinity and a complete word of god.

And, NO! I am not in the same boat as Andrea Yates, for the reason I outlined on L Dawg's thread.

For the sake of any Hamas children you might encounter in your life, I hope not. :D

Again, you should take your own advice. What you're doing is playing semantics, regarding the manner of death of the children of one's enemies. As I said elsewhere, when it was time to take action against Al Qaeda, it's safe to say that you weren't all that concerned about the little girls of AQ terrorists.

No it's not safe to say that.  If fact it is a  desperate act to lessen the reality of murdering children.  The "ADULTS" responsible for 9/11 attacks needed to be brought to justice NOT their children.

What you suggested here tells me that YOU have no problem killing those children, which also suggests you might have happily done it yourself.  And since you have already admitted you would do it on "gods" orders speaks volumes.

You should seek counseling.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 08:23:48 AM »
And he "chose" to commit an immoral act when he had the ability to choose not to which negates him from divinity, hence negates the Bible from divinity and a complete word of god.

DEAD WRONG, on all counts. He's the source of morality, which means He can do what He wants with His creation.

For the sake of any Hamas children you might encounter in your life, I hope not. :D

If you go around chanting "Death to..." me and my people and are willing to act out accordingly, all bets are off.

No it's not safe to say that.  If fact it is a  desperate act to lessen the reality of murdering children.  The "ADULTS" responsible for 9/11 attacks needed to be brought to justice NOT their children.

Part of bringing them to justice was attacking their strongholds and preventing future attacks. But, guess what, their children were killed in the process. And we knew that would happen, based on how Al Qaeda likes to operate.

What you suggested here tells me that YOU have no problem killing those children, which also suggests you might have happily done it yourself.  And since you have already admitted you would do it on "gods" orders speaks volumes.

You should seek counseling.

And, you should seek a reality check.

It's not a burden I would want on my shoulders. But, if that's what it takes to protect my family, my people, and my nation from an enemy that is HELL-BENT on destroying us (and has said as much, in no uncertain terms), then so be it, especially if I have taken an oath to protect my people from all enemies.

The least of my concerns (and the least of YOURS) is what happens to Al Qaeda's women and children. Our military has already killed some of them. Yet, I don't see you in sackcloth and ashes about it. Go figure.

And, this war has been relatively short. Try having your people endure such for over three centuries.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »
DEAD WRONG, on all counts. He's the source of morality, which means He can do what He wants with His creation.

Then in addition to worshiping a Slaver and a Mass Murder, you are also worshiping a Hypocrite.

If you go around chanting "Death to..." me and my people and are willing to act out accordingly, all bets are off.

So now you openly suggest you'd have no problem killing innocent HAMAS children because of their Words
?  this just gets better and better..... ;D

And, you should seek a reality check.

It's not a burden I would want on my shoulders. But, if that's what it takes to protect my family, my people, and my nation from an enemy that is HELL-BENT on destroying us (and has said as much, in no uncertain terms), then so be it, especially if I have taken an oath to protect my people from all enemies.

The least of my concerns (and the least of YOURS) is what happens to Al Qaeda's women and children. Our military has already killed some of them. Yet, I don't see you in sackcloth and ashes about it. Go figure.

And, this war has been relatively short. Try having your people endure such for over three centuries.

No reality check needed.  I don't follow a book of stories written by primitive men, thousands of years ago taken literally by ignorant people.

Do you need money for a plane ticket to Israel?  Once you land just head to Gaza with a baseball bat.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »
Then in addition to worshiping a Slaver and a Mass Murder, you are also worshiping a Hypocrite.

So now you openly suggest you'd have no problem killing innocent HAMAS children because of their Words
?  this just gets better and better..... ;D

It appears you’ve had one too many beers, Ozmo. I do recall using the phrase, "and are willing to act out accordingly". That means actions are involved, NOT JUST WORDS.

No reality check needed.  I don't follow a book of stories written by primitive men, thousands of years ago taken literally by ignorant people.

And I don't follow a woefully myopic mindset that would put my people or my country in danger, because I think my enemies really don't want to destroy me, despite their "Death to America" chants, continued bombings, etc.

Do you need money for a plane ticket to Israel?  Once you land just head to Gaza with a baseball bat.

Nope! But, perhaps you need one to Afghanistan. Let's see you on the front lines with your arms wide open, waiting to take the now-desceased terrorists' sons over to America, to feed them, clothe them, and pay for their education. I just hope that on their 21st birthday, they don't repay your kindness with a car bomb, or have a sudden desire to detach your head from your body.