Author Topic: I was right...  (Read 1931 times)

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
I was right...
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:16:55 AM »
Representative Barney Frank (D-Mass.) applauded President Obama’s announced salary cap for employees of companies receiving federal bailout money, but said it doesn’t go far enough. He says he’s crafting legislation that would extend the $500,000 maximum to every business in the United States.

“There’s no good reason why any of these corporate fat cats should be making more than $500,000 a year,” said Frank. “That’s way more money than they need or deserve.”

Frank shrugged off the notion that the free market should determine compensation levels. “The free market is okay, up to a point,” Frank allowed. “But when some take too much from the common pot, it’s congress’ job to step in to ensure a fair share for all.”

The congressman pooh-poohed the arguments that superior performance warrants superior rewards or that a salary cap could result in a “brain drain.” “Running a company can’t be any harder than running the country,” he contended. “And the president only gets paid $400,000 a year. So, I’d say $500,000 is enough for any honest man. Anyone who’d leave America because he can’t make more is too greedy. Good riddance if they leave.”

Frank’s bill exempts the multimillion dollar payouts made to lawyers, professional athletes and movie stars because “these are not salaries, but performance payments. We cannot let inadequate compensation stand in the way of achieving justice,” Frank argued. “Neither can we short those who play a vital role in boosting the common people’s morale by diverting their attentions from everyday troubles.”

It's starting folks...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: I was right...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 04:22:53 AM »
We all warned everybody. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 06:46:42 AM »
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!   :o  I thought Pelosi was bad. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 06:48:48 AM »
lol is this real, or an onion story?  hahaha link please

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 06:59:28 AM »
lol is this real, or an onion story?  hahaha link please

It's funny
a. you have to ask if this is real
b. this is on almost no news network

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 07:00:34 AM »
It was satire....more from the same guy.

President Obama has asked the U.S. Department of Energy to tighten up regulations aimed at discouraging wasteful use of energy. Measures under consideration include remote thermostat monitoring, higher taxes on fuel, and an “energy-saver-of-the-month” lottery.

“Too many people are frivolously consuming an excessive quantity of this precious resource,” Obama lamented. “We need better incentives to deter unnecessary use. The certain knowledge that the government will be checking on your electricity bill, a higher price at the gas pump, or the chance to have your name drawn for a large cash prize could modify behavior in the right direction.”

“It’s not so hard to save energy,” Obama continued. “For example, instead of firing up the oven to cook a meal you could go out for sushi. Michelle, the kids and I have often done this. We saved even more energy by carpooling to the restaurant.”

In related news, Obama rebuffed criticism of the high thermostat settings in the White House since he took office as “racist.” “With roots in Africa and an upbringing in balmy Indonesia and Hawaii, I need warmer temperatures,” the President insisted, explaining that Illinois’ cold climate was largely responsible for all those “present votes.” “I was too cold to lift a finger. So the Sergeant-at-Arms merely recorded me ‘present,’” he said.

Ex-President Carter Urges Obama to Trust Hamas

Former president Jimmy Carter has urged President Obama to “trust Hamas if he wants to make progress in settling the Palestinian issue.”

“Hamas has suffered a bad press in this country,” Carter alleged. “All we hear about is how Hamas is killing Jews in Israel. Has anyone stopped to consider whether they have good reasons for this?”

“They are not the indiscriminate murderers that Israeli politicians would have you believe,” Carter insisted. “They have had many opportunities to take me hostage or kill me, but they never did. I think this demonstrates a capacity for constraint that few give them credit for.”

L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 07:01:06 AM »
This is at such a level of absurdity it can't be real.  If it is, Frank will do so much damage to his party it's not even funny.

Actually, it would be kind of funny.  But it can't be real.
Y

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 07:03:19 AM »
Please tell me this was a joke HH6.  "Racist" for criticism of his hypocracy?  Wow...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 07:06:11 AM »
Its a joke....I googled the first line and came up with the guy  who did it...he's very funny. For the record, I almost had a heart attack. Is this really outside the realm of possibility.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 07:07:02 AM »
Its a joke....I googled the first line and came up with the guy  who did it...he's very funny. For the record, I almost had a heart attack. Is this really outside the realm of possibility.

i think the fact that we are even discussing it as a possible reality says enough.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 07:08:35 AM »

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »
The articles are different....but its the slippery slope. Frank is responsible for the housing mess, he's a dirtbag lib and worthless.
L

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:04 AM »
The articles are different....but its the slippery slope. Frank is responsible for the housing mess, he's a dirtbag lib and worthless.

Dude its only on small blogs, it hasn't made it to any major news network.  That is fucking scary.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:39 AM »
Representative Barney Frank (D-Mass.) applauded President Obama’s announced salary cap for employees of companies receiving federal bailout money, but said it doesn’t go far enough. He says he’s crafting legislation that would extend the $500,000 maximum to every business in the United States.

“There’s no good reason why any of these corporate fat cats should be making more than $500,000 a year,” said Frank. “That’s way more money than they need or deserve.”

Frank shrugged off the notion that the free market should determine compensation levels. “The free market is okay, up to a point,” Frank allowed. “But when some take too much from the common pot, it’s congress’ job to step in to ensure a fair share for all.”

The congressman pooh-poohed the arguments that superior performance warrants superior rewards or that a salary cap could result in a “brain drain.” “Running a company can’t be any harder than running the country,” he contended. “And the president only gets paid $400,000 a year. So, I’d say $500,000 is enough for any honest man. Anyone who’d leave America because he can’t make more is too greedy. Good riddance if they leave.”

Frank’s bill exempts the multimillion dollar payouts made to lawyers, professional athletes and movie stars because “these are not salaries, but performance payments. We cannot let inadequate compensation stand in the way of achieving justice,” Frank argued. “Neither can we short those who play a vital role in boosting the common people’s morale by diverting their attentions from everyday troubles.”

It's starting folks...

Barney Frank and his gay lover Gobi who ran a pedophile ring right out of his home in Massachusetts's is THE LAST PERSON I WANT TO HEAR FROM OR WOULD LISTEN TO....The nerve to say to ANYONE what they should and should not do or suggest to anyone what is right or wrong is unbelievable. This guy was caught in the act of sodomizing children and giving parties where children were doled out to freaks to molest/sodomize. When I saw him speaking in regards to TARP funds and giving opinions on economic steps I almost threw up. Why is this perv even in congress?

Now I will agree that these ridiculous salaries and bonuses need to END IMMEDIATELY. So far as these companies that receive bailout...In order to receive the bailout the ENTIRE EXECUTIVE STAFF AND BOARD MUST BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY. And the company comes under the control of the government for a period of time until investigations can be done to find out how deep the RABBIT HOLE does go and what can be done to correct the financial problem and install new (hopefully) HONEST STAFF, BOARDS, and EXECS. Otherwise the same greed, fraud, laundering and corruption will continue.
C

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:46 AM »
Mr. Geithner said he would consider “extending at least some of the TARP provisions and features of the $500,000 cap to U.S. companies generally.”

http://www.wordforge.net/showthread.php?t=71764

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 07:15:53 AM »
Mr. Geithner said he would consider “extending at least some of the TARP provisions and features of the $500,000 cap to U.S. companies generally.”

http://www.wordforge.net/showthread.php?t=71764

Notice how all the cult followers are completely AWOL on what is going on now???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 07:27:37 AM »
Notice how all the cult followers are completely AWOL on what is going on now???

It's not just here.

I don't see any of these people anywhere who were sooooo loyal to Obama out there defending this stuff.

WHere's fucking Matt Damon telling us the benefits of this plan?   Nowhere, because he has no fucking clue about.  All he knew was the "I hate Bush" mantra.   These people are as deep as a puddle.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:48 AM »
Its even on Drudge now. 

I faxed the article to all the Senators I could get a fax number for.  I tried calling but all the lines are busy.

I am not a sheep, but a rebel.  I am not going down silent. 

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 07:40:59 AM »
Its even on Drudge now. 

I faxed the article to all the Senators I could get a fax number for.  I tried calling but all the lines are busy.

I am not a sheep, but a rebel.  I am not going down silent. 

You are a very honorable man.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 07:41:51 AM »
link to the Frank quote from drudge?

After drudge leaked the "A black guy Scratched a B into my face" girl's pics and story - straight from mccain campaign BEFORE police even repeased a report - I prefer to hear it from another source.

Please link us to this quote you posted, exactly.  thanks!

"The congressman pooh-poohed the arguments that superior performance warrants superior rewards or that a salary cap could result in a “brain drain.” “Running a company can’t be any harder than running the country,” he contended. “And the president only gets paid $400,000 a year. So, I’d say $500,000 is enough for any honest man. Anyone who’d leave America because he can’t make more is too greedy. Good riddance if they leave.”

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2181990/posts

link to the Frank quote from drudge?

After drudge leaked the "A black guy Scratched a B into my face" girl's pics and story - straight from mccain campaign BEFORE police even repeased a report - I prefer to hear it from another source.

Please link us to this quote you posted, exactly.  thanks!

"The congressman pooh-poohed the arguments that superior performance warrants superior rewards or that a salary cap could result in a “brain drain.” “Running a company can’t be any harder than running the country,” he contended. “And the president only gets paid $400,000 a year. So, I’d say $500,000 is enough for any honest man. Anyone who’d leave America because he can’t make more is too greedy. Good riddance if they leave.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 07:49:32 AM »
LOLOLOLOL Free republic?

Dude, the freepers are notorious for their CTers and 'libs will cause the end of world' stuff.

Freepers?  REALLY?

Come on dude, link me to a credible news source.  FOX news should be all over this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »
You are a very honorable man.

At least I can say I tried.

I will not go down like the lowly Jews did in Nazi Germany.  

I will be more like the Italian guy who was killed by the Taliban.  His name was Quatrocchi.

Screw Obama.  He is a communist like I said early on.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2181990/posts

When I take your link, I see the 'freepers' sourced their info from
http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

"JOHN SEMMENS: Semi-News -- A Satirical Look at Recent News"

Yes, that word 'satire' makes me think my original guess of the Onion was not taht far off.  You're citing Drudge.  when pressed, you deliver Free republic, a CT right-wing blog.
Their source is a right-wing political satirist.  

This story is false.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 07:53:47 AM »
LOLOLOLOL Free republic?

Dude, the freepers are notorious for their CTers and 'libs will cause the end of world' stuff.

Freepers?  REALLY?

Come on dude, link me to a credible news source.  FOX news should be all over this. 

DUDE geithner said they were playing with the idea in another post...

here is the quote

From this website

http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090203/REG/902039977/1003/TOC&template=printart