Author Topic: Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard Executive, Hits the Trail... again  (Read 65069 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ex-eBay CEO Whitman stirs up CA governor's race
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2010, 10:52:30 AM »
Why vote for Brown?  So far All I seem to get is why not vote for Meg

Here is the 333386 calculus

1.  Meg - extremely good CEO of EBAY - 50 - 50 chance she does a good job. 

2.  Brown - 100% chance he will raise taxes and increase the failed policies that are driving people from your state.   

Do you go with a person with a 50-50 shot of success or a 100% chance of failure?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:17 PM »
Why vote for Brown?  So far All I seem to get is why not vote for Meg

Good luck getting a straight answer. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »

She paid millions in taxes, created hundreds of thousands of jobs, is well spoken, and actually wants to curtail the spending spree.  That is why they dont like her.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »

Yeah what i have gotten is ridicule for being undecided in the first place, and nothing but reasons not to vote for Meg.

I could respect getting ridicule if it went something like this:

"How can you not want to vote for Brown when he.......(fill in blank)_________ or If you don't vote for Brown your stupid because he:____________(fill in blank)__________."

But no, i get things like don't for Meg because she's rich and bored.   ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
Here is the 333386 calculus

1.  Meg - extremely good CEO of EBAY - 50 - 50 chance she does a good job. 

2.  Brown - 100% chance he will raise taxes and increase the failed policies that are driving people from your state.   

Do you go with a person with a 50-50 shot of success or a 100% chance of failure?

I agree with #1, don't know yet if i agree with #2 100%

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2010, 06:03:51 AM »
Jerry Brown's lead doubles in a month; little change in Senate race
Meg Whitman's handling of housekeeper scandal and record-breaking spending have cost her support among women, Latinos and independents. Barbara Boxer maintains an 8-point lead over Carly Fiorina.
By Cathleen Decker, Los Angeles Times

Defections from Meg Whitman's ranks on the part of women, Latinos and nonpartisan voters have fueled a surge by Jerry Brown in the race for governor, according to a new Los Angeles Times/USC poll.

The shift comes after a tumultuous month for the Republican candidate that has led some voters to question her veracity and her handling of accusations by an illegal immigrant housekeeper.

Brown, the Democratic attorney general and former governor, led Whitman 52% to 39% among likely voters, the poll found. His advantage has more than doubled since a Times/USC poll in September.

The abrupt movement in the race for governor came as Democratic incumbent Barbara Boxer held onto her 8-point margin over Republican Carly Fiorina in the U.S. Senate contest. Boxer's 50% to 42% lead was statistically unchanged from September's 51% to 43% edge.

For both Democrats, the month between the two polls found the party's strongest supporters rallying to the candidates' sides: liberals, women and Latinos either solidified or expanded their backing for Brown and Boxer. Nonpartisan voters, whom Republicans had counted on to overcome the Democratic advantage in voter registration, moved away from the two Republican candidates, and moderate voters also tilted toward the Democrats.

Paula Bennett, a schoolteacher in the Sacramento-area town of Acampo, said she was drawn to Brown in part by the blizzard of cash Whitman has thrown at the race.

"I like the little guy; he didn't have the money behind him like she did," she said in a follow-up interview, adding that she sided with Brown for the same reason that she favors a mom-and-pop establishment over a retail behemoth.

"We don't shop at Walmart. We shop at the local store. He just seemed like more of a down-home candidate."

Although she is Republican, Bennett is also siding with Boxer. She said she was offended by both Whitman's and Fiorina's infusions of personal cash into their races.

"That message that they're sending to people is a very bad choice," she said. "We're looking to people to act their values rather than throw money at causes. People are holding their money really closely and those candidates are really splurging."

Most of the nation has seen pronounced enthusiasm by Republican voters as the midterm elections approach. In California, however, Democrats have gained strength and GOP motivation has ebbed slightly in the last month, the poll showed. The current standings represent a reassertion of a more typical profile for the state after an election year convulsed by a foundering economy, widespread discontent about the future and record-breaking spending by Whitman, who has dropped more than $141 million of her own money into her campaign...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-poll-20101024,0,1168989.story

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2010, 06:06:32 AM »
RCP has the boxer race within the margin of error. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2010, 06:36:17 AM »
::)

"Meg Whitman said it herself, 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for different results,'" said Brown campaign manager Steven Glazer. "Yet the Long Island native has had no qualms about recycling the same platitudes, repackaging the same campaign events and rehiring the same high-priced consultants as the state’s current governor."

That might be the most effective ad this election cycle.
G

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2010, 06:38:01 AM »
That might be the most effective ad this election cycle.

Indeed it is! Meg's evisceration here is complete... she won't recover.  :'(

That's what happens when someone with no political experience (as in not voting for 30 years) hires the same cadre of expensive consultants used by the last guy with no political experience.  When you are that disengaged all you can do is memorize and spout (the same) talking points your consultants feed you.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2010, 06:43:53 AM »
As if brown is going to any different? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2010, 04:30:34 AM »
As if brown is going to any different? 

Dude she took jobs out of the US and sent them to China...

Yeah very Patriotic. Way to go meg...Champion for the middle class

3333 just shut the fuck up already

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:44 AM »
Dude she took jobs out of the US and sent them to China...

Yeah very Patriotic. Way to go meg...Champion for the middle class

3333 just shut the fuck up already

Ha ha ha ha  - again Mal - business and econ definately is not your thing. 

Dear God are you ignorant.  i knew you were light in this area - but damn - this takes the cake. 

1.  The policies of democrats and far left freaks in California have sent HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS to other states and overseas.   

2.  Meg Whitman has paid tens of millions of dollars in taxes to California to fund the govt while Jerry Brown has done nothing but cost the state in terms of salary, health care, pensions, etc. 

3.  Meg Whitman, as CEO, is reportable to her shareholders and board of directors, and to the bottom line of the company.  No company exists solely as an employment agency.  Her job is to increase the companies' bottom line, period. 

4.  Meg Whitman, as CEO -  helped CREATE far more jobs, and offshoots from those jobs in the form of self employment, and home based businesses, than any amount of jobs she "outsourced".  Again - think Mal - I know econ is not your thing. 

5.  She has a record of success.  I guess in the Mal way of thinking, it would have been better if she took the company from prosperity to bankruptcy.  From her site:

At eBay, Meg made history. Meg steered eBay through the dot-com rise and fall that saw the vast majority of high-flying start-ups crash and burn, while eBay turned in one quarter of dramatic growth after another. When she joined eBay, the company had just $4.7 million in revenues and 30 employees; when she retired in March of 2008, ten years later, the company had nearly $8 billion in revenues and 15,000 employees worldwide – with millions of users in California alone. During that journey, Meg appeared on many “top CEO” lists and national magazine covers. Time ranked her among the world’s most influential people. Fortune ranked her the most powerful woman in business in 2004 and 2005. And Business Week listed her among business’ top managers year after year.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2010, 05:16:32 AM »
Is this who you think is going to help Califnornia?

"WELFARE FOR ALL AND FEWER JOBS?"

________________________ ________________________ _________

Morgen Richmond
http://biggovernment.com/mrichmond/2010/06/10/jerry-brown-flashback-we-need-more-welfare-and-fewer-jobs/

For a guy known to hold some pretty strange views, this might be the most bizarre perspective on welfare policy I have ever seen. Here is Jerry Brown from his Pacifica Radio show in 1995 (full transcript here):

The conventional viewpoint says we need a jobs program and we need to cut welfare. Just the opposite! We need more welfare and fewer jobs. Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I’m talking about welfare for all. Without it, you’re going to have warfare for all. Without a universal health care like every other civilized country, without a minimum level of income, this country will explode. You can’t blame the guy at the bottom forever. At some point there’s a reaction and we’ll see that the real criminals are those calling the tune, making the rules, and walking to the bank. We have the money, we have the brain power. The United States now has the highest measured wealth of any nation ever in the history of the world. We could rebuild our cities, we could create the kind of buying power and community well-being that will provide for peace. The guaranteed income is one way. Another way is to have always the availability of work in a nonprofit, in community service. A third is to start giving people training to develop skills where they can be self-supporting. You could come up with a cash supplement. Even conservatives have suggested a negative income tax to cut out the bureaucracy. If we were smart, we’d get rid of welfare and give people a family assistance like they do in Europe…

The problem isn’t even a problem. Automation and technology would be a great boon if it were creative, if there were more leisure, more opportunity to engage in raising a family, providing guidance to the young, all the stuff we say we need. America will work if we’re all in it together. It’ll work when there’s a shared sense of destiny. It can be done! It’s all there! What isn’t there is the leadership to create the kind of social network, the safety net, the distribution that would truly create a just and equal society…

We have to restore power to the family, to the neighborhood, and the community with a non-market principle, a principle of equality, of charity, of let’s-take-care-of-one-another. That’s the creative challenge. First, expose relentlessly the big lie that comes over the tube every night-that if you just go out and find that job, and work harder, it’ll all be fine. It won’t! There’s not enough work to go around and a lot of the pay is not fair. Unless you totally yank up that system and create a better one, unless the spirit changes, unless the heart opens, unless we confront power with the truth of our own unarmed but absolute fearless truth, we’re not going to overcome it. Evil is too embedded to be overcome by anything other than a spiritual challenge.

So let me see if I can get this straight. Since full employment is a practical impossibility, we should just give up on the idea of job promotion and hand out a minimum income or dole like they do in Europe. This has clearly worked out so well for them.

This way everyone can have more leisure and family time (funemployment!) without any sense of responsibility or guilt over not providing for one’s family. After all, there aren’t enough good-paying jobs to go around anyway.

More welfare and fewer jobs. Let’s call it cuckoo economics.

And this is the guy Democrats have selected to deal with the worst fiscal and economic crisis in the history of California? I mean, seriously??

________________________ ________________

Have fun California  -  Your 12.5 UE rate is about to go to 20% with freaks like this in office.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2010, 05:19:53 AM »
Check out this site - even Bill Clinton calls out Jerry Brown for being a perpetual liar and failure.  12 times! 

Its all on tape. 

http://www.jerryfails.com/truth.php

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2010, 05:35:49 AM »
It's been about a week now and BayGM has still avoided answering any of Ozmo's questions. Speaks wonders about why he's voting for Brown. I'd be shocked if he even knew where Brown stands on most of the issues. :-\

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2010, 05:37:49 AM »
Ha ha ha ha  - again Mal - business and econ definately is not your thing. 

Dear God are you ignorant.  i knew you were light in this area - but damn - this takes the cake. 

1.  The policies of democrats and far left freaks in California have sent HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS to other states and overseas.   

2.  Meg Whitman has paid tens of millions of dollars in taxes to California to fund the govt while Jerry Brown has done nothing but cost the state in terms of salary, health care, pensions, etc. 

3.  Meg Whitman, as CEO, is reportable to her shareholders and board of directors, and to the bottom line of the company.  No company exists solely as an employment agency.  Her job is to increase the companies' bottom line, period. 

4.  Meg Whitman, as CEO -  helped CREATE far more jobs, and offshoots from those jobs in the form of self employment, and home based businesses, than any amount of jobs she "outsourced".  Again - think Mal - I know econ is not your thing. 

5.  She has a record of success.  I guess in the Mal way of thinking, it would have been better if she took the company from prosperity to bankruptcy.  From her site:

At eBay, Meg made history. Meg steered eBay through the dot-com rise and fall that saw the vast majority of high-flying start-ups crash and burn, while eBay turned in one quarter of dramatic growth after another. When she joined eBay, the company had just $4.7 million in revenues and 30 employees; when she retired in March of 2008, ten years later, the company had nearly $8 billion in revenues and 15,000 employees worldwide – with millions of users in California alone. During that journey, Meg appeared on many “top CEO” lists and national magazine covers. Time ranked her among the world’s most influential people. Fortune ranked her the most powerful woman in business in 2004 and 2005. And Business Week listed her among business’ top managers year after year.   

So she didnt outsource?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2010, 05:44:55 AM »
So she didnt outsource?

Most US companies just can't be competitive these days without outsourcing. It sucks but globalization has forced US companies to do that to stay competitive. What's worse, outsourcing 10% of your jobs while adding thousands more and turning your company into a juggernaut or not outsourcing any, adding less, becoming uncompetitive and eventually bankrupt?

I don't understand why you're complaining about this when Obama has setup programs to train foreign workers for the specific purpose of outsourcing jobs.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2010, 05:47:44 AM »
Most US companies just can't be competitive these days without outsourcing. It sucks but globalization has forced US companies to do that to stay competitive. What's worse, outsourcing 10% of your jobs while adding thousands more and turning your company into a juggernaut or not outsourcing any, adding less, becoming uncompetitive and eventually bankrupt?

I don't understand why you're complaining about this when Obama has setup programs to train foreign workers for the specific purpose of outsourcing jobs.

I dont like the fact that Obama did it. I hate outsourcing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2010, 05:50:52 AM »

BF - the level of economic ignorance is staggering and far worse than I ever ever imagined. 

This thread is perfect proof of that. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2010, 05:53:21 AM »
I dont like the fact that Obama did it. I hate outsourcing.

When you run a company you have to remain competive, not be am employment agency. 

Again - if she created 15,000 jobs but outsourced 5,000 of them?   She still created a net 10,000 jobs for the state correct? 

Vs

An out control far left freak show in Cali driving jobs and taxpayers from the state. 

Got it - go vote for Brown proudly.   WELFARE AND LESS JOBS FOR ALL! ! ! !     - ACCORDING TO BROWN HIMSELF! 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2010, 06:15:43 AM »
BF - the level of economic ignorance is staggering and far worse than I ever ever imagined. 

This thread is perfect proof of that. 

It's pretty funny. I personally don't care much about this race but I find it amusing that no one actually builds their arguments for voting Brown around what his stances on issues are and his previous track record. Their entire argument seems to be "Don't vote Whitman because she's rich and had an illegal immigrant working for her". Like I said above, I'd be shocked if BayGM even knew where Brown stands on most of the issues as his avoiding of Ozmo's questions says a lot.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2010, 06:23:33 AM »
Meg =

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2010, 06:27:57 AM »
Meg =

WRONG - CALIFORNIA = DONE

Did you even read what I posted where Brown said he wants less jobs and more welfare? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2010, 06:33:15 AM »
Seriously...i would like to see that

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2010, 06:34:44 AM »
Meg =

Images are cool and all but you've still spent the last week avoiding all of Ozmo's questions.  :-\