Author Topic: Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard Executive, Hits the Trail... again  (Read 65006 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ex-eBay CEO Whitman stirs up CA governor's race
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2010, 01:36:44 PM »
You libs are really amazing.  You have an out of control legislature imposing povery on you and sending productive people out of the state and now want to vote for a rubber stamp of such stupidity? 

I'm serious - we need to divide the country in half - you freaks on the left on one side, and the rest of us on the other.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »

The lesson here is clear: be good to "the help" because they can always bring you down.  Meg could have so easily hired an immigration lawyer to help Nicky-- insteatd she fired her and told her "you don't know me and I don't know you."  Even better she could have paid her a nice chunk of change to disappear or even to go back to Mexico.  Instead she turned her out with nothing.  Big mistake... big... HUGE!

I agree people should be good to "the help," but not because they may turn on you, but because it's simply the right thing to do. 

Still, this woman should be deported.  And Gloria Allred should move to India.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »
Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman cancel big KGO debate: Who was the bigger chicken?

The only real question regarding the cancellation of the big radio debate between California gubernatorial candidates -- Democrat Jerry Brown and Republican Meg Whitman  -- is: which one was the bigger chicken?

The debate had been announced months ago, and was scheduled Tuesday at 10 a.m. with longtime Bay Area broadcaster (and tough questioner) Ronn Owens -- who last week won the National Association of Broadcasters' prestigous Marconi Award for being the nation's best major market talk show host.

Both the Whitman and the Brown campaigns say it was "by mutual consent" and have suggested to us that the debate was never really finalized.

Right.

We just talked to Owens' longtime producer Mark Silverman, a total pro in the business -- who is stunned by the recent developments.

"Whitman's people suggested the date,'' and even had talked about expanding the format to make it 90 minutes; and the Brown team went along with it the date, he said. Media credentials and arrangements had long been announced.

Today, it's clear "both sides wanted to get out of it," he said.

Silverman got word both Brown and Whitman were backing out on Friday, before the two candidates even debated in Fresno; it came through a joint call from Sterling Clifford, Brown's spokesman, and Rob Stutzman, Whitman's senior advisor, Silverman said.

So what really went on?

We can only speculate, but here's some of what we know:

*Owens is no pushover. He would have asked tough questions of both sides. And then there's his audience: getting unpredictable questions from the real voting public -- as Ronn's show delivers -- is something both candidates would rather avoid at this point.

*Whitman promised Owens, on the air, to debate State Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner on his show before the June GOP primary; she never made good on that promise. Silverman says that the Whitman team kept assuring him not to worry, she would absolutely debate on the show for the general election. Looks like that will never happen either.

*Whitman was having a tough week in the wake of the Nicky Diaz story last week, and faced only more questions Tuesday on the matter.

*Brown hadn't yet delivered his performance in the Saturday debate, which was widely seen as bad night for Whitman. But clearly, he didn't want to take questions from Owens either -- why? Remember all his talk about wanting every opportunity to debate Meg Whitman? Uh, maybe not.

This was to be the third in a series between California's two gubernatorial candidates, and the only one scheduled for radio.

Who loses?

The California voters.

What we've learned from this: both Brown and Whitman, who both say they have the fortitude to run the great state of California, kicked a rare opportunity to discuss issues in a setting where their answers wouldn't actually be limited to 60 seconds, and they might have real back-and-forth -- a real debate! -- with a tough broadcaster and actual voters on the air.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
Brown up by 4 points, the leader never wants to debate.  Whitman had the lead 2 months ago, not anymore.

She knows she's gonna get hammered for this illegal thing. 

better for both of them to avoid this one

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »
Brown up by 4 points, the leader never wants to debate.  Whitman had the lead 2 months ago, not anymore.

She knows she's gonna get hammered for this illegal thing. 

better for both of them to avoid this one

They debated,Brown got crushed just like Crist does against Rubio.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2010, 07:12:03 AM »
too bad

i listened to the first debate last week and it was pretty good

I'm voting for Brown

Why are you voting for brown?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2010, 07:13:17 AM »

Because Straw Man thinks that the man who helped bankrupt California with the outrageous pensions for public employees is going to be the one to reform it.   ::)  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2010, 07:20:26 AM »
Because Straw Man thinks that the man who helped bankrupt California with the outrageous pensions for public employees is going to be the one to reform it.   ::)  ::)

I have listened to brown on the radio a few times before the race   He seemed to do a good job in Oakland.  However he also seems to be entreated in big government and this state doesn't need that right now.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »
Whitman's ex-nanny believes housekeeper
Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer

(10-04) 20:43 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Jill Armstrong says she has good reason to accept Mexican housekeeper Nicandra Diaz Santillan's tale of working in the household of GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman - because Armstrong herself was a domestic for the former eBay CEO.

"I totally believe" Diaz, Armstrong, 59, of Mountain View, said in an interview with The Chronicle. "I know the family. I know what it was like."

Diaz, an undocumented immigrant, on Wednesday publicly recounted her story of long hours and unpaid work for Whitman, charging that she was fired in June 2009 after nine years on the job after asking the gubernatorial candidate for help in getting legal immigration status.

Whitman has said she did not know Diaz was an illegal immigrant and was forced to let her go when she learned about it.

Armstrong, who worked for Whitman and her husband, Griff Harsh, during the summer of 1998, produced her W-2 form from that year, which reflects her stint as a full-time nanny for Whitman. Her hiring was confirmed by Palo Alto-based Town and Country Resources, the employment agency that placed Diaz with Whitman two years later.

Had enough'

Armstrong said she quit after about two months because of the demands and difficulties of the job.

"I had enough," she said in an interview, describing trouble getting paid what she believed she was owed, and challenges in dealing with household chores and in supervising Whitman's two young sons.

Campaign responds

Tucker Bounds, spokesman for Whitman, called Armstrong's complaints "the unsubstantiated claims of a lone employee who worked in the Whitman household for just a few weeks 12 years ago."

He said many other employees "have worked for Meg and Griff over the years and enjoyed a very positive experience."

Armstrong said she was a registered Democrat in San Mateo County until last year and has since moved to Santa Clara County, where she has not yet registered to vote. She added that she is not associated with the campaign of Whitman's opponent in the Nov. 2 election, Attorney General Jerry Brown, Brown's surrogates or union groups. She said is not receiving compensation or any kind of incentive to tell her story.

Armstrong said she came forward because she believed Whitman viewed domestic help as "disposable."

"We're raising their kids, and we deserve respect," she said.

Armstrong - a U.S. citizen who was raised in Palo Alto and is a grandmother of two - said she was an experienced, "full-service" nanny for more than 20 years who had worked for several well-off families in the area.

When she was hired by Whitman and her husband on June 28, 1998, Armstrong said, "The duties were to take care of the kids, take them to their activities, keep the house clean, do the laundry, go to the grocery store" and perform other household jobs.

Armstrong said Whitman and Harsh were in the process of moving from the Boston area into Apt. 215 at the Oak Creek Apartments in Palo Alto, near Stanford University Medical Center, where Harsh works. Armstrong said it was agreed that she would be paid full-time and was brought on to help Whitman get the living space ready before the children came to California.

Balked at paying

"I set up her apartment. I did the unpacking," and other jobs to get the place ready for the children, Armstrong said.

But she described Whitman as "cheap" and said she was surprised when her boss at first balked at paying the agreed salary - arguing that Armstrong didn't "deserve" it because she wasn't yet working full-time as a nanny.

Armstrong said she was also surprised to hear Whitman's explanation last week that her husband did not recall receiving a letter from the Social Security Administration in 2003 that asked the Whitmans to double-check their information on Diaz because the information on file did not match the agency's records.

"Harsh would not forget something like that," Armstrong said. "He had his thumb on everything."

After two months, Armstrong said, "I called her up and said, 'Meg, I quit. I can't handle it anymore.' "

Her biggest problem, she said, came months later when she was ready to file her taxes but hadn't received a tax form from Whitman. She called her former employer to say, "Meg, you did not give me a W-2."

Creative accounting

Armstrong heard nothing and "had to threaten to take her to the IRS" before Whitman's accountant called back and said, "Give me the numbers; give me the hours," she recalled.

"That's Meg's responsibility," Armstrong said she replied. "Isn't she supposed to have all that written down?

"He said, 'Look, will you work with me?' " Armstrong said. "And that's how we came up with the numbers."

Armstrong's W-2 form shows her salary for two months of full-time work was exactly $5,200.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »
Whitman's ex-nanny believes housekeeper

(10-04) 20:43 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Jill Armstrong says she has good reason to accept Mexican housekeeper Nicandra Diaz Santillan's tale of working in the household of GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman - because Armstrong herself was a domestic for the former eBay CEO.

"I totally believe" Diaz, Armstrong, 59, of Mountain View, said in an interview with The Chronicle. "I know the family. I know what it was like."

Diaz, an undocumented immigrant, on Wednesday publicly recounted her story of long hours and unpaid work for Whitman, charging that she was fired in June 2009 after nine years on the job after asking the gubernatorial candidate for help in getting legal immigration status.

Whitman has said she did not know Diaz was an illegal immigrant and was forced to let her go when she learned about it.

Armstrong, who worked for Whitman and her husband, Griff Harsh, during the summer of 1998, produced her W-2 form from that year, which reflects her stint as a full-time nanny for Whitman. Her hiring was confirmed by Palo Alto-based Town and Country Resources, the employment agency that placed Diaz with Whitman two years later.

Had enough'

Armstrong said she quit after about two months because of the demands and difficulties of the job.

"I had enough," she said in an interview, describing trouble getting paid what she believed she was owed, and challenges in dealing with household chores and in supervising Whitman's two young sons.

Campaign responds

Tucker Bounds, spokesman for Whitman, called Armstrong's complaints "the unsubstantiated claims of a lone employee who worked in the Whitman household for just a few weeks 12 years ago."

He said many other employees "have worked for Meg and Griff over the years and enjoyed a very positive experience."

Armstrong said she was a registered Democrat in San Mateo County until last year and has since moved to Santa Clara County, where she has not yet registered to vote. She added that she is not associated with the campaign of Whitman's opponent in the Nov. 2 election, Attorney General Jerry Brown, Brown's surrogates or union groups. She said is not receiving compensation or any kind of incentive to tell her story.

Armstrong said she came forward because she believed Whitman viewed domestic help as "disposable."

"We're raising their kids, and we deserve respect," she said.

Armstrong - a U.S. citizen who was raised in Palo Alto and is a grandmother of two - said she was an experienced, "full-service" nanny for more than 20 years who had worked for several well-off families in the area.

When she was hired by Whitman and her husband on June 28, 1998, Armstrong said, "The duties were to take care of the kids, take them to their activities, keep the house clean, do the laundry, go to the grocery store" and perform other household jobs.

Armstrong said Whitman and Harsh were in the process of moving from the Boston area into Apt. 215 at the Oak Creek Apartments in Palo Alto, near Stanford University Medical Center, where Harsh works. Armstrong said it was agreed that she would be paid full-time and was brought on to help Whitman get the living space ready before the children came to California.

Balked at paying

"I set up her apartment. I did the unpacking," and other jobs to get the place ready for the children, Armstrong said.

But she described Whitman as "cheap" and said she was surprised when her boss at first balked at paying the agreed salary - arguing that Armstrong didn't "deserve" it because she wasn't yet working full-time as a nanny.

Armstrong said she was also surprised to hear Whitman's explanation last week that her husband did not recall receiving a letter from the Social Security Administration in 2003 that asked the Whitmans to double-check their information on Diaz because the information on file did not match the agency's records.

"Harsh would not forget something like that," Armstrong said. "He had his thumb on everything."

After two months, Armstrong said, "I called her up and said, 'Meg, I quit. I can't handle it anymore.' "

Her biggest problem, she said, came months later when she was ready to file her taxes but hadn't received a tax form from Whitman. She called her former employer to say, "Meg, you did not give me a W-2."

Creative accounting

Armstrong heard nothing and "had to threaten to take her to the IRS" before Whitman's accountant called back and said, "Give me the numbers; give me the hours," she recalled.

"That's Meg's responsibility," Armstrong said she replied. "Isn't she supposed to have all that written down?

"He said, 'Look, will you work with me?' " Armstrong said. "And that's how we came up with the numbers."

Armstrong's W-2 form shows her salary for two months of full-time work was exactly $5,200.

Witman has the documents.This story is over,Brown will not pursue it.They know they have been exposed as liars.When Gloria Allread in involved you know its a hoax.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
I hope every single taxpayers take note of these disgusting illegals.  Every last one needs to be catapulted back.    

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2010, 09:35:26 AM »
I hope every single taxpayers take note of these disgusting illegals.  Every last one needs to be catapulted back.    

But what about the poor, poor children?!?  We NEED to take them in and give them food, housing, schooling (read: daycare) and medical!

...oh, and their parents and 14 relatives attahed to them as well.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2010, 04:28:32 PM »
"I'm not anyone's puppet,'' says Meg Whitman's ex-maid

Nicky Diaz Santillan, GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman's undocumented ex-maid, Wednesday insisted she is "not anyone's puppet,'' and said she came forward to tell her story about working for the former CEO to be a voice for others who are still "in the shadows."

But Diaz's Los Angeles attorney, Gloria Allred refused to disclose how the immigrant worker's case came to her attention -- and again denied she was connected to the campaign of Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown.

Diaz, reading from a statement at a news conference carried live on some stations, said, "I'm not anyone's puppet..Nobody made me do it. Meg Whitman was wrong when she said somebody put a gun to my head. Nobody did.''

"I want to be heard,'' she said. "I want the people who clean houses and do the job that the others don't want to do, to be treated with respect and dignity."

Diaz's live statement can be seen here.

Diaz's appearance on television Wednesday marks Allred's third televised press conference on the matter, and a full week of coverage in a news story has roiled the California governor's race in which Whitman is competing hard for the critical Latino vote against Brown.

The Whitman campaign has charged that Diaz has been used by Democratic operatives, including Brown and his surrogates, as part of a "smear" campaign.

Allred, long a Democratic activist, would not say how Diaz made contact with her law firm. "You may never find out -- or you may find out,'' she said. "We do not disclose the names of attorneys or any individual who refers cases to this law firm."

Whitman said she hired Diaz through an agency, and was provided with what she believed to be proper documentation for the employee, who worked for her from 2000-2009. Whitman has said that Diaz was like "a member of the family'' and that she was forced to fire the maid when she learned she did not have legal immigration status.

Diaz and Allred both allege that Whitman knew of the Mexican-born housekeeper's undocumented status. They have said Diaz was fired when she asked Whitman for help in becoming a legal citizen in June 2009.

"Housekeepers are human beings too....we have feelings,'' Diaz said. "I'm not doing this only for me, but also for all the people who are taken advantage of by their employers."

"I knew the risk of speaking out, and I was afraid for my family. Despite my fear, I decided to come out from the shadows..in which millions of people live every day,'' she said. "It's not fair that we work hard and then get thrown away like garbage.''

Diaz added, "Meg Whitman, don't say I was part of your family, because you never treated me like I was."

Asked if Diaz is being compensated for her story, Allred said no.

"(Diaz) is not being compensated for making her statements,'' said Allred. "I don't know what the future holds...(but) as of this date, she has not received any compensation for saying what she is saying."

Allred, asked how the maid is supporting herself currently, said: "It's very difficult right now for Nicky.''

"And if there's anybody who wishes to help Nicky in this time of great stress and challenge and risk, I'd be very happy to make sure that she is helped in the way that is appropriate,'' she said.

Asked if she had any connection to Brown or his surrogates, Allred did not specifically answer the question. ""Anybody who knows me, knows that nobody tells me what to do,'' Allred said. "I have not spoken to Jerry Brown in about a year or two,'' she said. "I have no idea who's even on his staff.''

But she refused to say more. "All I can tell you is I have a client. I'm speaking out on (her) behalf,'' she said.

"We have represented employees in employment matters for more than three decades. This is the number one emphasis of our law firm,'' she said. "It is not a surprise that we would be referred in a matter involving employment."

Allred also cited a report in the San Francisco Chronicle today which detailed the story of Jill Armstrong, a Mt. View woman who says she was Whitman's first nanny in California after Whitman came here in 1998 from Massachusetts to take on the post as CEO of eBay.

Armstrong told the Chronicle that Diaz's story rang true to her; she said she left the job in Whitman's employ a full time nanny after just a summer due to the challenges of working for Whitman, her husband Dr. Griff Harsh and their two young sons.

Tucker Bounds, spokesman for the Whitman campaign, asked to comment on her story, called Armstrong's complaints "the unsubstantiated claims of a lone employee who worked in the Whitman household for just a few weeks 12 years ago." He said many other employees "have worked for Meg and Griff over the years and enjoyed a very positive experience."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
Chutzpah.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
I hope every single taxpayers take note of these disgusting illegals.  Every last one needs to be catapulted back.   

What if these illegals (once they're made legal) will pay taxes?

Wise man say, socialism okay if the person will pay more in taxes one day!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2010, 05:53:26 PM »
"I'm not anyone's puppet,'' says Meg Whitman's ex-maid

Nicky Diaz Santillan, GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman's undocumented ex-maid, Wednesday insisted she is "not anyone's puppet,'' and said she came forward to tell her story about working for the former CEO to be a voice for others who are still "in the shadows."

But Diaz's Los Angeles attorney, Gloria Allred refused to disclose how the immigrant worker's case came to her attention -- and again denied she was connected to the campaign of Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown.

Diaz, reading from a statement at a news conference carried live on some stations, said, "I'm not anyone's puppet..Nobody made me do it. Meg Whitman was wrong when she said somebody put a gun to my head. Nobody did.''

"I want to be heard,'' she said. "I want the people who clean houses and do the job that the others don't want to do, to be treated with respect and dignity."

Diaz's live statement can be seen here.

Diaz's appearance on television Wednesday marks Allred's third televised press conference on the matter, and a full week of coverage in a news story has roiled the California governor's race in which Whitman is competing hard for the critical Latino vote against Brown.

The Whitman campaign has charged that Diaz has been used by Democratic operatives, including Brown and his surrogates, as part of a "smear" campaign.

Allred, long a Democratic activist, would not say how Diaz made contact with her law firm. "You may never find out -- or you may find out,'' she said. "We do not disclose the names of attorneys or any individual who refers cases to this law firm."

Whitman said she hired Diaz through an agency, and was provided with what she believed to be proper documentation for the employee, who worked for her from 2000-2009. Whitman has said that Diaz was like "a member of the family'' and that she was forced to fire the maid when she learned she did not have legal immigration status.

Diaz and Allred both allege that Whitman knew of the Mexican-born housekeeper's undocumented status. They have said Diaz was fired when she asked Whitman for help in becoming a legal citizen in June 2009.

"Housekeepers are human beings too....we have feelings,'' Diaz said. "I'm not doing this only for me, but also for all the people who are taken advantage of by their employers."

"I knew the risk of speaking out, and I was afraid for my family. Despite my fear, I decided to come out from the shadows..in which millions of people live every day,'' she said. "It's not fair that we work hard and then get thrown away like garbage.''

Diaz added, "Meg Whitman, don't say I was part of your family, because you never treated me like I was."

Asked if Diaz is being compensated for her story, Allred said no.

"(Diaz) is not being compensated for making her statements,'' said Allred. "I don't know what the future holds...(but) as of this date, she has not received any compensation for saying what she is saying."

Allred, asked how the maid is supporting herself currently, said: "It's very difficult right now for Nicky.''

"And if there's anybody who wishes to help Nicky in this time of great stress and challenge and risk, I'd be very happy to make sure that she is helped in the way that is appropriate,'' she said.

Asked if she had any connection to Brown or his surrogates, Allred did not specifically answer the question. ""Anybody who knows me, knows that nobody tells me what to do,'' Allred said. "I have not spoken to Jerry Brown in about a year or two,'' she said. "I have no idea who's even on his staff.''

But she refused to say more. "All I can tell you is I have a client. I'm speaking out on (her) behalf,'' she said.

"We have represented employees in employment matters for more than three decades. This is the number one emphasis of our law firm,'' she said. "It is not a surprise that we would be referred in a matter involving employment."

Allred also cited a report in the San Francisco Chronicle today which detailed the story of Jill Armstrong, a Mt. View woman who says she was Whitman's first nanny in California after Whitman came here in 1998 from Massachusetts to take on the post as CEO of eBay.

Armstrong told the Chronicle that Diaz's story rang true to her; she said she left the job in Whitman's employ a full time nanny after just a summer due to the challenges of working for Whitman, her husband Dr. Griff Harsh and their two young sons.

Tucker Bounds, spokesman for the Whitman campaign, asked to comment on her story, called Armstrong's complaints "the unsubstantiated claims of a lone employee who worked in the Whitman household for just a few weeks 12 years ago." He said many other employees "have worked for Meg and Griff over the years and enjoyed a very positive experience."

Interesting how this article uses undocumented, immigrant worker, Mexican born....... Why not call her what she is? A fucking criminal who entered the US illegally?  I really don't give a fuck what Mrs. Diaz Santillan has to say, as a matter of fact the only place she should be speaking from is Mexico. And Allred should have her law license revoked for running the freak show. Fed up with the media circus bullshit.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »
Interesting how this article uses undocumented, immigrant worker, Mexican born....... Why not call her what she is? A fucking criminal who entered the US illegally?  I really don't give a fuck what Mrs. Diaz Santillan has to say, as a matter of fact the only place she should be speaking from is Mexico. And Allred should have her law license revoked for running the freak show. Fed up with the media circus bullshit.

If you are not interested in what Nicky Santillan has to say that’s fine.  You are not really the audience for her disclosures anyway.  Many undecided voters are interested and Latin voters in California are definitely interested.  Whitman has been unmistakable in her opposition to those who hire undocumented workers so many Latin voters are very interested to know that she had one working in her own home for nine years.  Even today Ms. Santillan’s English is less than perfect.  Nine years ago she barely spoke English at all.  It is beyond comprehension that Ms. Whitman did not know that her maid was an undocumented worker.  She certainly knew it 15 months ago when she fired Nicky and kept quiet about it even as she attacked undocumented workers and the employers who hire them on the campaign trail. >:(

Nicky Santillan in her own words...
http://www.fox40.com/ktxl-news-cap-nickystatement,0,7578197.story

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:05 PM »
So what the woman had forged documents and signed an agreement that she was here legally, so not only is she an illegal alien but a lying sack of shit. And just because she can't speak english well is unimportant, I work with plenty of legal immigrants who don't speak english well.

This is another story blown way the fuck out of proportion by desperate politicians trying to stay in power.

I don't feel sorry for her, the only reason she is still in the states is to do a hatchet job.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »

Bump for straw

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2010, 06:20:28 AM »
Witman must 'go after somebody,' analyst says

As California voters began casting mail ballots, Republican Meg Whitman moved into a second week of dealing with fallout involving her undocumented former housekeeper, while political analysts warned that the gubernatorial candidate must take decisive action to stanch the damage.

Whitman's campaign again charged Democrats and her opponent, Attorney General Jerry Brown, with a smear campaign on the same day a Reuters/IPSOS poll released Tuesday showed Brown ahead by seven percentage points with less than four weeks to go in a race that had been a dead heat until a week ago.

At the same time, the Rasmussen poll organization has recast the contest from "toss-up" to "leans Democrat."

With the final gubernatorial debate on Tuesday at Dominican College in San Rafael, independent political consultant Patrick Dorinson said Whitman must make a strategic move to keep the allegations of former employee Nicandra Diaz Santillan from dragging her campaign down.

"Time is running out," Dorinson said. "You've got to grab the microphone and take the offensive."

On Tuesday, for the third time since last Wednesday, attorney Gloria Allred held a news conference in her Los Angeles office that featured Diaz, who worked for Whitman from 2000 until 2009, when she told her employer that she was undocumented and Whitman fired her.

Diaz said Tuesday that she went to Allred by choice, to make public her claims that Whitman had not paid her for hours she worked. Diaz denied Whitman's claims that she is a tool of Democratic operatives and Brown.

"I'm not anyone's puppet; nobody made me do it," Diaz said. "Meg Whitman was wrong when she said somebody put a gun to my head. Nobody did."

She added: "I want the people who clean houses and do the job that the others don't want to do to be treated with respect and dignity."

The GOP candidate has said she hired Diaz through an agency that provided her with what she believed to be proper documentation for Diaz. Whitman, the former CEO of eBay, also has said Diaz was like "a member of the family" and that she was forced to fire the maid when she learned she was not a legal immigrant.

Sharp response
Diaz ended Tuesday's news conference by saying: "Meg Whitman, don't say I was part of your family - because you never treated me like I was."

The Mexican-born Diaz's appearance with Allred prompted a sharp response from Andrea Jones Rivera, spokeswoman for Whitman's campaign.

"It's time for Gloria Allred to pack up this circus and leave town, because there are serious challenges facing California and voters deserve to hear solutions, not smears," she said.

Allred declined again to discuss how Diaz's case came to her, saying, "We do not disclose the names of attorneys or any individual who refers cases to this law firm."

On Sept. 29, she filed a claim with the California Department of Industrial Relations that alleges Diaz is owed $6,210 for hours of work and mileage costs that Whitman did not pay her. A spokeswoman for the agency said it will investigate the claim by contacting Whitman and performing an audit of payroll records before determining a course of action, which typically happens within 30 days.

Dorinson said Tuesday that it is time for Whitman, who has pumped a record $119 million of her own money into her bid for governor, to jump-start her campaign.

"At some point, you have to change the dialogue and look the people in the eye," Dorinson said. "To get people thinking in a different direction, you have to go after somebody. I'd go after the public employees unions. You have to get tough on something."

Bad advice to blame?
Susan Rasky, a lecturer in political reporting at UC Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism, said Whitman's political consultants might be to blame for not dealing with the housekeeper's case before it became public last week, particularly given that Whitman acknowledged Saturday that she told them about it last year.

"She's paying a fortune in professional advice, and it's very hard to believe - especially given the history of this kind of story with other candidates - that they did not advise her differently," Rasky said. "They didn't figure out how not to make it an issue."

Rasky said whether or not Democrats are behind the Diaz revelation may not matter as voters begin to cast ballots.

"I don't think it matters at all, and it only seems to prolong the pain for her," Rasky said. "There was a very low ceiling on what she would get in the Latino electorate anyway, and that's not who she should be worrying about.

"She should have been locking up the independent vote," Rasky added, "and those are the people she's turning off by having this thing stretch out.

"But it doesn't appear to be what (the Whitman campaign is) doing," she said. "It appears she is digging herself into a hole."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2010, 06:22:41 AM »
And it appears today that cali's pension liabilities are far worse than originally thought.  Guess who is one of the main architects of that?  Brown. 

And you people are going to vote for that?  Good - watching your state burn to the ground and you stupid libs left broke and destitute os going to be a complete joy to watch.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2010, 07:25:36 AM »
And it appears today that cali's pension liabilities are far worse than originally thought.  Guess who is one of the main architects of that?  Brown. 

And you people are going to vote for that?  Good - watching your state burn to the ground and you stupid libs left broke and destitute os going to be a complete joy to watch.   

Well you see doing a hatchet job on a republican ( by a lying criminal none the less) than actually getting the state squared away is much more important.

Some of stupid shit I see on this board just about dashes any hope that I had for this country making a comeback.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2010, 07:29:21 AM »
Well you see doing a hatchet job on a republican ( by a lying criminal none the less) than actually getting the state squared away is much more important.

Some of stupid shit I see on this board just about dashes any hope that I had for this country making a comeback.

Just look at the posts of some of the fools on this board - they are still kneepadding daily, denying reality, ignoring objective fact and failures, and focusing on the most idiotic shit you could ever imagine. 

We deserve a total collapse with people like this basing their voting decisions on the claims of illegal aliens.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2010, 07:35:21 AM »
Just look at the posts of some of the fools on this board - they are still kneepadding daily, denying reality, ignoring objective fact and failures, and focusing on the most idiotic shit you could ever imagine. 

We deserve a total collapse with people like this basing their voting decisions on the claims of illegal aliens.   

There must be something fucked up in the wiring of libs brains. We have an illegal alien who used forged documents and lied that she was in the us legally - anything she says is the TRUTH

On the other hand we have a successful business woman, who happens to be a republican/conservative - The bitch is evil, look how she treated the above criminal ::)

Give me a fucking break, the 60's really turned this country into PC shit hole.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2010, 07:38:57 AM »
There must be something fucked up in the wiring of libs brains. We have an illegal alien who used forged documents and lied that she was in the us legally - anything she says is the TRUTH

On the other hand we have a successful business woman, who happens to be a republican/conservative - The bitch is evil, look how she treated the above criminal ::)

Give me a fucking break, the 60's really turned this country into PC shit hole.

One woman created tens of thousands of jobs and has paid tens of millions of dollars in taxes, the other is a lifelong govt employee leeching off the system.

And now that Cali is in such a mess fiscally because of the bloated govt - these idiots are clamoring to put one of the architects of the mess back in power. 

This is the type of stupidity on display we have.