Author Topic: The chineses just noticed their money invested in US debt is worth $ 0  (Read 1445 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: The chineses just noticed their money invested in US debt is worth $ 0
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 06:21:12 PM »
what do you need to know exactly

What would happen if China decided to increase the strength of their currency? Wouldn't that allow more of it's citizens to have the purchasing power to buy their own products? What would be the benefit and the mistake of doing this?

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »
What would happen if China decided to increase the strength of their currency? Wouldn't that allow more of it's citizens to have the purchasing power to buy their own products? What would be the benefit and the mistake of doing this?

It would decrease their exports.  The world buys from China because they are cheap.  A stronger Yuan means more expensive and less exports for them, which is why they peg to the dollar in essence decreasing the value of the Yuan as the dollar goes down.

The time to let it float would be if they were to use Yuan to buy oil instead of having to buy it with dollars.  As long as oil is bought and sold in dollars, they won't let it float.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »
It would decrease their exports.  The world buys from China because they are cheap.  A stronger Yuan means more expensive and less exports for them, which is why they peg to the dollar in essence decreasing the value of the Yuan as the dollar goes down.

The time to let it float would be if they were to use Yuan to buy oil instead of having to buy it with dollars.  As long as oil is bought and sold in dollars, they won't let it float.

You know when you stare at something for too long it turns into a blur? That's whats happened to my brain lately. I think I need to step back  for a while and take a breather.  Anyway, thought you might have abandoned the board, havent seen you around much.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 06:25:26 AM »
You know when you stare at something for too long it turns into a blur? That's whats happened to my brain lately. I think I need to step back  for a while and take a breather.  Anyway, thought you might have abandoned the board, havent seen you around much.

I started working out again :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 07:29:13 PM »
I started working out again :)

lol, you're making me feel guilty.  :-\