Author Topic: Supplements - only dumb people buy them  (Read 10092 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Re: Supplements - only dumb people buy them
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
Ron,

eating clean instead of junk food and exercising causes weight loss. Supplements have nothing to do with it. You really think these things are healthy for you?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
pay close attention to geo because he's really smart sneaky and will probably steal anything that is not nailed down!

fixed!
Ron: "I am lazy."

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
Ron,

eating clean instead of junk food and exercising causes weight loss. Supplements have nothing to do with it. You really think these things are healthy for you?

Supplement. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Supplements your diet. eg whey, a convenient method of boosting protein intake. By no means a replacement for every potential meal.

I don't disagree that by eating clean and ditching junk food will help weight loss though.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 05:51:54 PM »
Supplement. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Supplements your diet. eg whey, a convenient method of boosting protein intake. By no means a replacement for every potential meal.

I don't disagree that by eating clean and ditching junk food will help weight loss though.

thats the problem there, buddy. It does not.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »
Protein powder is more convenient for some people but not necessary. It's a food replacement not a supplement. Creatine has a small effect on some people. All other supps are useless for body composition IMO. There is no such thing as "junk" or "clean" food when it comes to body composition. All that matters for optimal body composition is enough protein, weight training, and rate of weight change as setup by overall intake and activity.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 12:00:32 AM »
Yep - be like most people and go to fast food joints and gain more weight and be overweight. Yep - that is right, supplement don't work

Get real.

Of course they do.

Some of them don't but many are there to support your moderate intake of food.

Bullshit Ron, and how can you tell? You don't look like the kinda guy who would use them very often, apart from the obvious and long time used Supplements like protein and creatine the rest is all snakeoil, like all these natural testosterone boosters ::) get off it Ron you know it's bullshit.
And btw not taking any supplements doesn't mean you have to grow fat and become a couch potato there is also the option of living healty.

Fact is Ron these crock companies are tricking kids and dumb people in believing them that they as well can look like the Pro's it's complete horseshit.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 12:26:19 AM »
LOL?? you cant trust a person who uses hormones? why is that?

Do you trust a junkie?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 01:30:08 AM »

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:13 AM »
A narcotics addict
  we dont trust you your a narcotics narc
b

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 09:38:11 AM »
The word supplement means 'in addition to',as in 'in addition to a good diet,these supplements may help realise your goals'

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 09:58:57 AM »
ron.. i totally respect you, absolutely. But, supplements are no good at all. Supplement companies depend on the publics ignorance to buy their products. I have so many resources from my professors about nutrition and supplements its not even funny. These are PhD's in biochemistry Ron. As i have said before, science does not use testimonials. Especially this supplement shit are you KIDDING ME! What exactly do you know about vitamins and minerals, anyway? I mean deeper than just the "you heard Vitamin C was good for you" understanding.

There are various studies that say exactly what we all know - that supplements work, at least the main staples. Others do to, but on each supplement and type, you can debate for a whole thread, and they do. 

Vitamins and Minerals is a whole different ballgame. We are talking about sports supplements, whey, nitric oxide and a myriad of others. Each has its own benefits to some people. 

For example, Glucosamine works, and I know it works. Two of us here have used it, and swear by it. Especially when my knee was hurting, but again, you can debate one by one.

Supplements are convenient. Especially when you can't eat clean nor have the discipline or time to do that. I guess we need to break down 'supplements', and which are healthy or more on the cutting edge... but yes, I would rather take some protiein powders and drinks than go to a local restuarant and eat their 'so called food'.

Bullshit Ron, and how can you tell? You don't look like the kinda guy who would use them very often, apart from the obvious and long time used Supplements like protein and creatine the rest is all snakeoil, like all these natural testosterone boosters get off it Ron you know it's bullshit.

Really - because I am not in shape now. When I worked about, I used a lot of whey powders, and various products, creatine and more.  They work. Not everything works, and that is the problem, that there are fly by nights that promise and never deliver, but many products do.

I was never a bodybuilder, but during my college years and afterwards, we liked to hike. Trying going up the Twin Falls in Yosemite with a 60 pound backup on your back.  That was strength and stamina.

See - making a generic statement such as 'Dumb people buy supplements' is really stupid.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 10:06:42 AM »
There are various studies that say exactly what we all know - that supplements work, at least the main staples.

What if the participants also "know" that? Has there been placebo tests?

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Yep - be like most people and go to fast food joints and gain more weight and be overweight. Yep - that is right, supplement don't work

Get real.

Of course they do.

Some of them don't but many are there to support your moderate intake of food.

That must be why you're gut doesn't hang over you're belt   ;D
p

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 10:16:35 AM »
That must be why you're gut doesn't hang over you're belt   ;D

There's no supplement that shrinks foreheads,sorry :(

:D

physicsgeek

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 10:18:14 AM »
What if the participants also "know" that? Has there been placebo tests?

Lol there are always placebo tests in parallel with other testing.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »

people who buy supps arent dumb.

They are fucking retarded.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:21 AM »

There's no supplement that shrinks foreheads,sorry :(

:D
:'( damn it   did you find any to make you're penis grow ;D I'm tired of giving you're girl orgasms I'm gonna have to start charging
p

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »

on the cutting edge... but yes, I would rather take some protiein powders and drinks than go to a local restuarant and eat their 'so called food'.

Really - because I am not in shape now. When I worked about, I used a lot of whey powders, and various products, creatine and more.  They work. Not everything works, and that is the problem, that there are fly by nights that promise and never deliver, but many products do.

I was never a bodybuilder, but during my college years and afterwards, we liked to hike. Trying going up the Twin Falls in Yosemite with a 60 pound backup on your back.  That was strength and stamina.

See - making a generic statement such as 'Dumb people buy supplements' is really stupid.

And if you would have read my post, you would have seen that I said that Creatine Protein and Amino Acids work, I'm talking about the million bullshit products like Deca and what ever else you can find in the latest MD.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:39 AM »
Corrections made
stop you suck at this..... delete try again
p

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »
:'( damn it   did you find any to make you're penis grow ;D I'm tired of giving you're girl orgasms I'm gonna have to start charging

I just tie a ruler to it....and I don't measure :(

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:18 AM »
Supplements are convenient. Especially when you can't eat clean nor have the discipline or time to do that. I guess we need to break down 'supplements', and which are healthy or more on the cutting edge... but yes, I would rather take some protiein powders and drinks than go to a local restuarant and eat their 'so called food'.

I agree with protein powder being convenient for meeting higher protein needs for preserving muscle mass. But what's so awefully wrong about restaurant food? If it's a good restaurant, the food is healthy, delicious, and will provide you with all needed nutrients. On my last cut, I almost exclusively ate at restaurants, best and easiest cut I ever made.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 12:12:17 PM »
With no supplement industry there would be no bodybuilding shows.  Who do you think pays for all this crap?  I don't exactly see mainstream sponsors knocking down the doors of bodybuilding shows. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »
With no supplement industry there would be no bodybuilding shows.  Who do you think pays for all this crap?  I don't exactly see mainstream sponsors knocking down the doors of bodybuilding shows. 

finally that was the point I wanted to make

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »
With no supplement industry there would be no bodybuilding shows.  

and that's a bad thing?  :-\

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »

We, the buyers...