Author Topic: UK News article filters out £16.3 Trillion number  (Read 617 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
UK News article filters out £16.3 Trillion number
« on: February 12, 2009, 01:45:18 PM »

OK, so most of you probably looked at that Telegraph article I mentioned last night.

Few of you saw the same article that I did!

Well, it sure looks like someone from Downing Street got on the phone pretty quick after I read it and removed the numbers from it.

And, they are getting better - it's not in Google cache! Mahahahha!

Good job Downing Street! But now you gotta shut down the blogging sites! Check out Digg first...

Here's the missing parts:

European Commission officials have estimated that impaired assets may amount to 44pc of EU bank balance sheets. The Commission estimates that so-called financial instruments in the trading book total £12.3 trillion (13.7 trillion euros), equivalent to about 33pc of EU bank balance sheets.

In addition, so-called 'available for sale instruments' worth £4trillion (4.5 trillion euros), or 11pc of balance sheets, are also added by the Commission to arrive at the headline figure of £16.3 trillion.

Look at the URL on this link when it opens:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/4590512/European-banks-may-need-16.3-trillion-bail-out-EC-dcoument-warns.html

here is the video he is referring to

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: UK News article filters out £16.3 Trillion number
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 01:54:40 PM »
I saw that last night.  This is getting crazy!

I saw other places where the original amount is actualy 24 trillion, not 16 Trillion since they reported in Euro's.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »
GAME OVER - Beyond broke, absolutely bankrupt for generations to come.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
Just a matter of time and it will all crash down.    A whole new monetary system will have to develop.   But first we will have a military action to control the outraged people.....until they understand they have no control over this happening anyway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »
Just a matter of time and it will all crash down.    A whole new monetary system will have to develop.   But first we will have a military action to control the outraged people.....until they understand they have no control over this happening anyway.

I was trying last night to find the number too.  It was first on Drudge, then redacted.  Then, someone on Daily Kos got the original version that listed the exact numbers.

Its scary as hell.