Author Topic: Gym Ettiquette (BusyB)  (Read 4571 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Gym Ettiquette (BusyB)
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »
ill do my negative then lean them toward my legs and when they are parralell to my body i give a lil toss thats about it

That's about all I'll ever do...but even that's rare.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »
well the last 3 years i ate everything there was to eat and all the over the counter supps to get from 190 - 275 and this is my very first cycle,,,,, i desided to AAS cause it took so much effort to get big natuarly,,,,,, i dont eat alot of carbs or any fast food junk all lean cuts and a shit load of fish

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 10:43:31 PM »
try cutting out the fast food bro and stick with the fish.  eat rice instead of bread.  Make Qdova your fast food just get the chicken w/ beans
First Rock

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 10:46:03 PM »
no i said no fast food

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 07:23:43 AM »
  You gotta love that sweaty asshole who gets off the machine or bench and just walks off. It's to the point now where I'll wipe down the cardio equipment before, and after I get on.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 07:57:51 AM »
in my gym sometimes the closest bench is 15 feet away form the larger DBs... (110s, etc).  if there is a clear path, whats the problem with rolling them?  get a hernia to show that I can lift it?  I can show that when i lift them on the bench.

rolling anything 100 and under, is just pathetic...
Jay Cutler rolls the 150's and 160's in his videos too but i guess that's because he's too skinny and weak to carry them. ::)

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 08:52:03 AM »
My buddy works for the browns and he said Brady Quinn lifts with the offensive and defensive lineman.  He said that dude throws up 300+ like its light work for his reps.............Jay Cutler is garbage anyways
First Rock

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 09:21:44 AM »
i always enjoyed the challenge of cleaning the big dumbells , used to get help to get them moving from my shoulders tho.... i wouldnt roll anything under 100 either,,, at our gym all dumbell under 100 are racked, all above are on the floor....

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »
My buddy works for the browns and he said Brady Quinn lifts with the offensive and defensive lineman.  He said that dude throws up 300+ like its light work for his reps.............Jay Cutler is garbage anyways

Garbage? How so?

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 11:24:52 AM »
he had a soft schdl. this season, he will flop trust me.  I am not saying my browns are any better but Jay Cutler is crap and was a product of the crappy teams he played.  They didn't even make it to the postseason
First Rock

4thAD

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »
I'm not a screamer, but during maxouts I'll growl.....something like that.

DIV

but does it all depend on the size of the gat!

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »
Quaker is talking about Mr. O Jay Cutler

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »
I roll any dumbells over 110

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »
but does it all depend on the size of the gat!

......I just don't roll like that. 

The DB's are lifted, never thrown or bounced or dropped.

I figure that lifting the DB's is part of the exercise, helps with grip also.

...we have 100LB plates at my gym and they are the worst thing no one ever takes them off.

Those are great.

They come in handy.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2009, 03:30:49 PM »
I drop the DB's when I'm doing Incline/Flat Press's to complete failure.  I'm not going to bother holding on at that point.

staxripa

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »
you can tell this guys totally weak cause hes dropping his DB

just kiddin DIV     :D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 07:35:44 PM »

He drops them a little more than I probably ever would, but really I don't see the big deal if someone lets them fly a little...who cares.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »

He could rest them on his quads and put them back if he wanted.

He chooses to throw them.

DIV

GermnBlt

• Getbig II
  • Go big or go Home
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:51 PM »
I know many of guys that has been thrown out of gyms and lost their memberships due to throwing DB's and dropping plates to hard on the ground in between sets..

If I go heavy heavy, I always have a spotter or two and they grab the weights and we do this once a week with each other just for that fact. We help each other after tsets and then help carry them back..But like it was mentioned earlier?, I always carry both DB's to the bench, and if im lifting heavy my bench is going to be close by! Helps on grip and work the hell out  of ur forearms...
Tap, Snap or Nap!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
There is a difference between rolling a DB after a set or sets and are wiped out. It is hard to explain our LA Fatness gyms here and their crowd unless you came down to see for yourself. The guy was using a 100lbs db on Hyperextensions!! Now, c'mon, no one uses wieght that heavy for hypers if done correctly!?!? Plus, you dont roll a DB under the bar of someone squatting, right?

I can picture everything DIV is talking about because even though we are on the other side of town, members are the same, mostly young, inexperienced douche bags that have no gym ediqutte.

There is also a difference between "contolled" dropping of DB and just letting them fly from the bottom posistion of a lift. A lot of our db are broken where the handle and weight join because of guys trying to lift more than they can CONTROL!

I also ALWAYS take my weights off, is what I was taught and to set an example. I have noticed a lot more of the douche bags taken their weights off recently when done with their sets

Boils down to proper gym ediqutte, I was taught by the old school lifters, if you can't lift it, dont put it on! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!  8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »
Jay Cutler rolls the 150's and 160's in his videos too but i guess that's because he's too skinny and weak to carry them. ::)

That is different than a kid 165 lbs soaking wet rolling a DB he struggles with on his lift.

Again, if you are wiped out from your sets or getting into the 150+, then that is understandable.

Jay should just hire someone like Ronnie did to unload his weights and roll his DB's  :D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2009, 06:33:26 PM »
There is a difference between rolling a DB after a set or sets and are wiped out. It is hard to explain our LA Fatness gyms here and their crowd unless you came down to see for yourself. The guy was using a 100lbs db on Hyperextensions!! Now, c'mon, no one uses wieght that heavy for hypers if done correctly!?!? Plus, you dont roll a DB under the bar of someone squatting, right?

I can picture everything DIV is talking about because even though we are on the other side of town, members are the same, mostly young, inexperienced douche bags that have no gym ediqutte.

There is also a difference between "contolled" dropping of DB and just letting them fly from the bottom posistion of a lift. A lot of our db are broken where the handle and weight join because of guys trying to lift more than they can CONTROL!

I also ALWAYS take my weights off, is what I was taught and to set an example. I have noticed a lot more of the douche bags taken their weights off recently when done with their sets

Boils down to proper gym ediqutte, I was taught by the old school lifters, if you can't lift it, dont put it on! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!  8)

That's another thing.

We have the new DB's that are rubber coated, but the old type were plates screwed together and they'd get fucked up when people threw them all over the place.

If I saw someone rolling a DB under a guy who was squatting, I'm not sure whether I'd laugh or just watch to see it unfold.....

Seriously, some of these kids deserve what will happen when they drop a DB on someone......esp one of the bigger guys.

If you don't re-rack your weight, you're basically contributing to the problem.

I rarely see anyone who can carry 100+ DB's for any length of distance......not in my gym.

Kids will roll them or pick them up one at a time.

I do think it's funny, though, to see the reaction of women when the weights are dropped......it tends to scare them away from the free-weight area.

Like baby gazelles running from impending danger.

DIV