Author Topic: Should foreclosures be stopped?  (Read 1942 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Should foreclosures be stopped?
« on: February 14, 2009, 06:12:32 AM »

Absolutely not.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Re: Should foreclosures be stopped?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:14:50 AM »
its the natural evolution....the false economy had to stop at some point..
K

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 06:17:48 AM »
Foreclosures should be stopped because they prevented banks from going under.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 06:20:26 AM »
Foreclosures should be stopped because they prevented banks from going under.

The American ignorance caused a false economy... now you and rest of world pay...but it will self adjust..
K

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 06:20:31 AM »

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 06:28:01 AM »

The American ignorance caused a false economy... now you and rest of world pay...but it will self adjust..

You forgot greed, LOL!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 06:33:22 AM »
You forgot greed, LOL!

yes...greed fueled the ignorance..
K

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 06:37:48 AM »
Tre, at this point the government is not mandating foreclosures be stopped.  Citigroup and J.P. Morgan suspended foreclosures on their own.  It is in their best interest and ours.  The bank will most likely get a better deal working with the homeowner than they would by going into foreclosure on the home.  Especially considering that the value of the home is most likely not shit compared to the mortgage.  It would be smart for other banks to follow suit.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 08:35:55 AM »
Tre, at this point the government is not mandating foreclosures be stopped.  Citigroup and J.P. Morgan suspended foreclosures on their own.  It is in their best interest and ours.  The bank will most likely get a better deal working with the homeowner than they would by going into foreclosure on the home.  Especially considering that the value of the home is most likely not shit compared to the mortgage.  It would be smart for other banks to follow suit.

Exactly. It's common sense, but these people at the banks don't seem to have any (common sense). I've known folks who wanted to keep their homes, but the banks refused to work with them. They'd rather have the house sit there, bringing in nothing..... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 08:41:59 AM »

But c'mon, guys...

We know it was wrong for people to take on mortgages - which includes HELOCs that were based on over-inflated prices - they could in no way afford. 

But isn't that compounded by the fact that many of them are now living for FREE in homes that are set to be foreclosed on?? 

I know many of the homes sit empty - big problem - but I'm really ticked off at the people who just stay in homes they aren't paying a dime on simply because the process can take so long. 

Must be nice to be able to live FREE for an entire f'n year.  There's no difference between these people in my snooty neighborhood that do that shit and the 'welfare queens' that we've grown to hate over the years.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 08:44:52 AM »
As a prospective homebuyer...

NO!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 08:45:37 AM »
Exactly. It's common sense, but these people at the banks don't seem to have any (common sense). I've known folks who wanted to keep their homes, but the banks refused to work with them. They'd rather have the house sit there, bringing in nothing..... :-\
same here... "the experts" always advised that homeowners work with their mortgage holders because the last thing they want is the home to go into foreclosure.  But that's not true.  I too know of people who where only slightly behind and tried to work with the bank and they were locked into pay up or foreclose.  Idiot banks.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »
But c'mon, guys...

We know it was wrong for people to take on mortgages - which includes HELOCs that were based on over-inflated prices - they could in no way afford. 

But isn't that compounded by the fact that many of them are now living for FREE in homes that are set to be foreclosed on?? 

I know many of the homes sit empty - big problem - but I'm really ticked off at the people who just stay in homes they aren't paying a dime on simply because the process can take so long. 

Must be nice to be able to live FREE for an entire f'n year.  There's no difference between these people in my snooty neighborhood that do that shit and the 'welfare queens' that we've grown to hate over the years.

but what do you mean they should?  I assume government mandated which I have not heard anyone talking about.  If it's in the best interest of the bank to do so, then yes they should.  And at this moment, how could you possibly argue it's not in their best interest?  Not only that but it's in all of our best interest that the banks act now and work with people in trouble.  It WILL save them money and it WILL in turn help everyone.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 08:54:21 AM »
But c'mon, guys...

Yes, unfortunately too many idiots took on mortgages they could not afford. They thought, times were great, and would continue that way. Reality is, we are in this situation now, and I can only hope, that the banks have learned their lesson.

And you're right, it must be great to just sit in a "free" home. I feel for families who are losing their homes, due to unfortunate circumstances (lost jobs, et cetera). But the greedy fuckers who were buying shit left and right, hoping to turn into a millionaire...... ::) I know some. They had it coming.   
HAHA, RON.....

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 09:02:44 AM »
same here... "the experts" always advised that homeowners work with their mortgage holders because the last thing they want is the home to go into foreclosure.  But that's not true.  I too know of people who where only slightly behind and tried to work with the bank and they were locked into pay up or foreclose.  Idiot banks.

Countrywide had it down to a science.  They *wanted* foreclosures.

And you're right, it must be great to just sit in a "free" home. I feel for families who are losing their homes, due to unfortunate circumstances (lost jobs, et cetera). But the greedy fuckers who were buying shit left and right, hoping to turn into a millionaire...... ::) I know some. They had it coming.   

I made an offer on a home back in March 2007.  When we looked at it, the list was $490K.  Instead of low-balling, my then wife-to-be and I decided to make them an offer they couldn't refuse (she really wanted it) - $470K.

The sellers then raised the list price to $500K and said their agent had 'made a mistake'.  They rejected our offer. 

Some other stuff went on after that - including them sending us a personal letter and quoting scripture about how much they'd put into the home - but we did finally settle on $490K.  There were conditions, though, and within a few weeks, it was clear that the house was losing value, so we voided the contract. 

I put in an offer when the asking price fell to $350,000 and they refused it! 

Long story short...it's been empty the entire time (since summer 2006) and is now down to $305,000.   

Gotta love it when greed turns to spite.  They sure are showing how 'Christian' they are.   ::)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »
no stop

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 09:05:17 AM »
If people were making 100k on their homes right now, you sure wouldn't stop the sales, right?  

Ppl borrowed for something they couldn't afford.  they speculated.  it's capitalism.  the fruits of their lifetimes of work, invested in a 2nd home they planned to flip for a major profit, didn't work.  Our population was growing at a lot slower rate than homebuilding, so this should have been common sense for anyone and everyone.  The demand wasn't going to be there.  plus ppl thought the post-911 rates would last forever.  Obviously, bush kept cutting rates, and you can't cut below zero.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 09:36:25 AM »
If people were making 100k on their homes right now, you sure wouldn't stop the sales, right?  

Ppl borrowed for something they couldn't afford.  they speculated.  it's capitalism.  the fruits of their lifetimes of work, invested in a 2nd home they planned to flip for a major profit, didn't work.  Our population was growing at a lot slower rate than homebuilding, so this should have been common sense for anyone and everyone.  The demand wasn't going to be there.  plus ppl thought the post-911 rates would last forever.  Obviously, bush kept cutting rates, and you can't cut below zero.

Rates are lower now than they were post 2001. The values of the homes is the reason the market is so fucked. Values in my area are down 43% over the past 2 years.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »
Countrywide had it down to a science.  They *wanted* foreclosures.

No they didn't.
E

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »

I agree, everybody complains when they lose money, but they dont really complain when they are earning.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 09:40:01 AM »
No they didn't.
you of course would know huh...

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 09:42:40 AM »
you of course would know huh...

I work for CW and you read about it on the internet. I am thinking I may know more about this subject.
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 09:51:22 AM »
I work for CW and you read about it on the internet. I am thinking I may know more about this subject.
unless you're on the board you would be the first employee in history that is in the now with regards to their intentions.  Now maybe they didn't actually intentionally want foreclosures, that is probably a bit of an overstatement, but I would say for sure several of these guys failed where they could have had some foresight and worked with people.  It is true many who were only slightly behind were forced into foreclosure.  Now you tell me that makes good business sence? You can't, nobody can...  In most cases they would have made more working with the homeowner than letting the house go to forclosure, especially right now... 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »
unless you're on the board you would be the first employee in history that is in the now with regards to their intentions.  Now maybe they didn't actually intentionally want foreclosures, that is probably a bit of an overstatement, but I would say for sure several of these guys failed where they could have had some foresight and worked with people.  It is true many who were only slightly behind were forced into foreclosure.  Now you tell me that makes good business sence? You can't, nobody can...  In most cases they would have made more working with the homeowner than letting the house go to forclosure, especially right now... 

They never wanted foreclosures. People stopped paying, they lost their houses. It is common sense, you don't pay for your loan you lose your house. Doesn't mean CW WANTED foreclosures. They were a little later than the other banks to aggressively work with their clients to modify their loans, but now they are more than willing to help clients provided they are in a financial hardship. They still will not help people who for example bought a house for 500 grand and the house next door just sold for 200. They are fucking their customers who actually pay on time and they are starting to walk out on their homes as well. CW needs to address this problem imo. At any rate, they never wanted foreclosures. I can explain to you how mortgages work and why foreclosures hurt banks if you would like.
E

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »
whats the big drama here??? If you dont pay, you must get the fuck off the house, simple as that...or not hugo?