Author Topic: PBW: Charles Glass Reports from "The Mecca" - Replay Now  (Read 16611 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW: Charles Glass Reports from "The Mecca" - Replay Now
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »
PBW Program Announcement:

Charles Glass from Gold's Venice - Listen On-Demand

Legendary Trainer Goes "On-the-Record" from The Mecca with a look toward the Arnold!

Bodybuilding talk radio continues an expanded preview of the 2009 Arnold Classic with a visit with legendary trainer Charles Glass.  Regarded as the sport's most sought after trainer, Glass reports from Gold's Venice with insight into several of the Arnold contenders that currently reside on his "A-List" client roster.  Presented by MuscleTech, PBW (Episode #143) brings you up to speed on the progress of Kai Green, Victor Martinez, Dennis James, Silvio Samuel and other contenders as we approach the big Spring showdown in Columbus. - Bonus Segment: "Pre-Contest Bible" author Larry Pepe chats with Bob about the latest contest-diet "Hot Topic".

Visit PBW's new broadcast home:  www.ProBodybuildingDaily.com  - Mondays 8pm ET

Replay Update:  Last weeks visit with Toney Freeman is available now "on-demand" (courtesy of Bodybuilding.com)

Presented by MuscleTech - brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine RFA-X, The Muscle Asylum Project & Six Star Muscle Fuel.
PBW: The Official radio show of the 2009 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic and 2009 Olympia Weekend!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: PBW: Charles Glass Reports from "The Mecca" - Tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:15:59 AM »
i want to hear him...will it be archived for replay?  unavailable at 8 PM

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »
They said last week that Kai has been in Venice working with Glass.  Could be bad news for Victor and Freeman.

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
They said last week that Kai has been in Venice working with Glass.  Could be bad news for Victor and Freeman.

Kai cant hang with Vic.  No matter who his trainer is.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »
With the help of Glass,Kai will be up there but I think it's Toney's show to lose.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:19 PM »

I think Charles Glass trains   Kia Greene, Dennis James and Hidetada, but I could be wrong.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Charles Glass Speaks On Kai Green
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »
Madmax announced that kai was on Glass' team.

Q: Take us inside the mind of Kai
Glass responds:
A: Kai thinks before he says anything to you.  He asks a lot of Qs, and wants to learn.  He leaves no stone unturned.  He wants to know everything.  And that is what makes him what he is now.

Q: Is getting that BIG a good strategy?
A: you gotta understand - this is kai.  He used to compete heavy.  Now, he's heavy, but he's kept it on track, doing a lot of cardio, keeping things nice and tight.  He had abs and definition before he even started the precontest.  He's open-minded and he likes to learn.  He's still new at this.  We had to keep a tight reign on him to keep weight in check.  He's gonna be alright onstage, and if everything dials in just right, he'll show a total package onstage.

Q: IS a bigger Kai a better Kai?
A: A little more improvement on Kai would be a better kai.  he's coming down nice and slow.  It's hard.  He's suffering.  But it's okay - he doesn't mind suffering.

Q: Can kai win the O?
A: In saying that, I'd say that anyone who gets on that stage has the potential.  I think Kai, silvio, DJ, Freeman, and others are all going to try to peak.  And every last one of them has a shot at that title.

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:58:04 PM »
They said that Victor will be the same weight at Arnold as he was at Olympia (before injury).   Awesome news!  I was afraid he would try to blow up and look soft.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: Charles Glass Speaks On Kai Green
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
Charles Glass = Overrated. Makes a fine living standing there counting to ten while his clients lift, though.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:16 PM »
Charles is entering another little peak period himself it would seem.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
Charles Glass = Overrated. Makes a fine living standing there counting to ten while his clients lift, though.

Charles Glass is in no way over rated. I met and trained with Charles in the early 90s, he was blunt and totally honest and i didn't enjoy everything he had to say, but i appreciated the honesty of the man, of all the people Ive met in bodybuilding Charles is the one who could get the most potential out of a person, hes brought up more weak points on people that any other trainer i know

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »
  A few years back, Craig Richardon was in California for a Flex photo shoot and contacted Charles Glass for a training session.  Craig's objective was to try and gain some tips devoted to his weakest bodybpart, his back.  Charles was very honest and helpful.  He actually showed different techniques on machines that we all use that at least, both Craig and I, had never seen before.  Charles, knowing Craig wasn't one of the very few pros with a contract, did the session for free, not allowing Craig to pay.  As far as I am concerned, Charles is a real class act.

Quo

• Getbig II
  • "Yes I work out...thanks for asking"
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 09:54:52 PM »

OMG...this is so true...I've been saying this for years...he's living off of other's dreams....from what I've seen (and I have seen a lot at Gold's Venice)..he's doesn't contribute a damn thing to the people he "trains" other than counting reps and the occasional "your the best" speeches...and he doesn't even "deal"... ::)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »
Until you have stood in a trainers shoes, day in and day out, listening to all your client's bullshit and smelling their shit.. until you get up every morning when the gym opens and leave when it closes, until you have done everything you can to maintain your sanity...

only then can you talk shit and be credible. Fuck personal training.

Clients suck the life (and anything else they can) out of you and leave you with nothing but their cash and the dread of when you will see them next.

Personal training is not for everyone. I don't give a fuck if you are training celebrities or housewives.

You got nothing left for yourself.

Screwing hot (female) clients is only asking for a stalker or her husband/boyfriend and ruins your professional status.

Hats off to trainers that continue with their business and make that committment to their clients.

Charles Glass has been doin this shit for a long time. He sacrifices everything for his sniveling baby clients. Remember when he trained big fuckin cry baby Flex? that must have been one of his worst nightmares-- or maybe it was Chris Cornholeir.

Trainers are like counselors/financial advisors, sponges and clocks.

Yeehaw. Kiss my grandma.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 11:22:51 PM »
OMG...this is so true...I've been saying this for years...he's living off of other's dreams....from what I've seen (and I have seen a lot at Gold's Venice)..he's doesn't contribute a damn thing to the people he "trains" other than counting reps and the occasional "your the best" speeches...and he doesn't even "deal"... ::)

People like charles and milos know their stuff.... and can really help bbers in preparation... but their fees are WAY too high. Correct me if i'm wrong, milos charges $200 for one training session? (saw it on his website)

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
charles glass trainer of the champion, the same program for all champion.
asstropin

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 04:54:55 AM »
far from overrated, watched him train gunter on a dvd and only then understood why pros even need a trainer, hes got amazing techniques that work for different people but his chest technique is different than most and everyone I show that technique too sees amazing results in size and overall shape of their chest

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 06:15:03 AM »
far from overrated, watched him train gunter on a dvd and only then understood why pros even need a trainer, hes got amazing techniques that work for different people but his chest technique is different than most and everyone I show that technique too sees amazing results in size and overall shape of their chest

describe it

checkmate

• Getbig II
  • Blaaargo Argo!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 07:18:46 AM »
yes that's true, you can see some of Charles Glass Training Kai on these videos

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1909/218/
It's like a freak circus!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 07:34:09 AM »
Charles is truly devoted to his athletes.  Hell, I think he has some twisted love affair with the entire Venice scene that doesn't allow him to venture off into other endeavors...

Charles has a one room shack in the basement at Gold's.  All the man does is stay awake all night watching old Mr. Olympias while trying to beat his world record of most number of times viewing Pumping Iron...

Which reminds me of a story...

One night, a few of my friends and I were driving by Gold's gym.  It must have been around 3am, we were just getting out of a club and decided to drive around, drunk as all hell, until the sun came out.  Well, around close to 4am or so, it's so damn clear on my mind that I don't think I could ever forget, we see this black guy doing what appeared to be a break in into Gold's gym.  He was outback with both his hands up against the wall while looking up and shaking his head.  Oddly enough his pants were down to his knees and he had a pair of ReeBok pumps on.  Most would have figure that he was maybe getting a blow job or maybe jerking off, but my boys and I figured that since he is black, there is no telling if it was a blow job or maybe a new technique to break into an establishment.  It was too damn dark to be able to make out what the hell he was doing and the fact that he is a tinge black made it all the more difficult.  Anyhow, after a few minutes of peeking at this guy, trying to figure out if he was trying to break in, one of my boys pulls out his cell phone to call the cops and all of a sudden we notice this guy turn around while zipping up his pants.  To our surprise, it was none other than Charles Glass.  The man had decided to step out of his car to take a leak, to then only go back into his car and get another hour of sleep or so until he started his day in Gold's at 4am.

Glass is truly hardcore..

P.S. When he pulled away from the wall, he looked a little like this..

"1"

pwr24

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 08:42:22 AM »
           The problem here is that you probably don’t have the knowledge to even recognize his newly created exercises to even comment on this topic. Charles is one of the most innovative trainers that I know of and can completely change the way an exercise hits a muscle by simply changing hand positioning or by having a spacer board totally change the angle and composition in which a movement hits the muscle. He is so far above 99% of all of us in here including myself at reinventing a machine and how to use it to better ones physique.
As far as him living through others dreams, I think he as accomplished what he wanted. He is one of the most sought after personal trainers for us pros and his actions speak for themselves. He takes a good athlete and makes them great! He makes weak body parts strong ones!  You show me what you have accomplished in this field before bashing some one else.   Weak end worriers opinions don’t count s far as I’m concerned!
I get so tired of hearing people like yourself talk crap about others simply because either there physique or there knowledge is over your head.
Who have you trained and what have you yourself accomplished in the IFBB?

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 07:45:45 AM »
Audio issues almost killed this show.  That could have been a disaster with 2 new bb shows debuting.

Larry bailed out Bob & Dan bigtime.  What happened to Dan in this show?  Did his audio just die off?

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 11:29:26 AM »
People like charles and milos know their stuff.... and can really help bbers in preparation... but their fees are WAY too high. Correct me if i'm wrong, milos charges $200 for one training session? (saw it on his website)

How much does Charles charge for a session?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »
Audio issues almost killed this show.  That could have been a disaster with 2 new bb shows debuting.

Larry bailed out Bob & Dan bigtime.  What happened to Dan in this show?  Did his audio just die off?

The audio issues were mine...not Dan's.