Author Topic: Interesting article on Steroids in sports...  (Read 960 times)

VikingArthur

• Getbig II
Interesting article on Steroids in sports...
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:02:42 AM »
Thought I would share this article here...this is my take on the state of sports and the idiocy of the anti-steroid witch hunt that A-Rod is stuck in now. Hope you enjoy...feel free to comment, disagree or be entertained.

http://www.arthurshall.com/x_2009_steroids.shtml

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Interesting article on Steroids in sports...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 02:21:47 AM »
What are your thoughts on maintaining testicular health and fertility during long term HRT, Arthur?  Is HCG or HMG good enough? Are there consequences for the pituitary and hypothalamus?

Also, any thoughts on decreasing natural prolactin levels without the use of dopamine agonists?

VikingArthur

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:30:12 AM »
Well...I have never really thought about maintaining fertility while actually taking drugs. That seems sort of silly. As for testicular health...as long as you don't go above 12 weeks at a time I have never heard of anyone having permanent damage. I am not competitive but I do sit at 6'0 and about 270 and reasonably lean.

As for prolactin levels..I can't say I know much about that. I believe it has something to do with fertility if I am not mistaken. I am of the opinion that taking a cycle or two a year has little to no permanent effect on any of that. Guys seem to have issues when they exceed 2000mg's a week for an extended period (12 or more weeks) but there is no hard and fast rule from what I have seen.

I hope that sort of sums up my position on that man...great question.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 02:36:45 AM »
Prolactin is the common cause of deca dick and occasional gyno, but since my prolactin level isn't from drug use I don't have these issues.  However, I have a piss poor natty test level and I suspect higher than normal prolactin is an inhibiting factor.  If I decide to use HRT on a permanent basis, I want my nuts to remain functional since I don't have any kids yet.

Thanks for taking the time to answer tho VA.

VikingArthur

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 02:39:59 AM »
Yeah...if you take exogenous testosterone, your nuts will cease to work. End of story... you can play around trying to keep them working but in my opinion that would screw with the effectiveness of the HRT cycle. Generally speaking the balls turn back on in a couple of weeks. I don't use post-cycle HCG or anything like that and I have not had issues. That said, I am pretty genetically gifted overall and I would assume that it would be different for other people. Also...the amount that you are using comes into play. I feel pretty confident that taking under 1000 mgs a week of test for 8-12 weeks won't cause issues. Most of the horror stories come from guys who takes 2-4k mgs a week for months at a time.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
Yeah...if you take exogenous testosterone, your nuts will cease to work. End of story... you can play around trying to keep them working but in my opinion that would screw with the effectiveness of the HRT cycle. Generally speaking the balls turn back on in a couple of weeks. I don't use post-cycle HCG or anything like that and I have not had issues. That said, I am pretty genetically gifted overall and I would assume that it would be different for other people. Also...the amount that you are using comes into play. I feel pretty confident that taking under 1000 mgs a week of test for 8-12 weeks won't cause issues. Most of the horror stories come from guys who takes 2-4k mgs a week for months at a time.

shit 2-4grams of test a week.  that is monstrous
Most are all show no go!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »

shit 2-4grams of test a week.  that is monstrous

Does anyone even dare to guess the doses Palumbo/Kovacs took?
from incomplete data

VikingArthur

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »
Yeah...I know a lot of guys who have messed around with 2k+mgs a week of test (along with other anabolics of course). That is a ton of shit for sure. Even NPC national level guys are using that amount or more (in many cases). Guys like Kovacs and Palumbo...I would guess above 10k mgs a week.