Author Topic: What is "boli"  (Read 4519 times)

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
What is "boli"
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »
For those of you that keep up with sports A-rod admitted that he injected "boli" twice a month for 6 months at a time over the course of 3 years.........said it was OTC drug in the Dominican Republic.....what is "Boli".........never heard of it.....here is the article.....http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2009/news/story?id=3913528 he said it was an energy booster but MLB says it was a steroid............just curious.......

here is a link for the list of banned substances for MLB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_drug_policy
First Rock

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
Re: What is "boli"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »
He injected Test and Primobolan (Methenolone)....

Only once or twice a month though ::) ::)

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
not a energy booster is it lol?  I mean I have no problem with what he did but he tried making it sound like he just took a 5 hour energy drink
First Rock

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:13 PM »
For those of you that keep up with sports A-rod admitted that he injected "boli" twice a month for 6 months at a time over the course of 3 years.........said it was OTC drug in the Dominican Republic.....what is "Boli".........never heard of it.....here is the article.....http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2009/news/story?id=3913528 he said it was an energy booster but MLB says it was a steroid............just curious.......

here is a link for the list of banned substances for MLB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_drug_policy

I am pretty sure he was talking about Primobolan, but I've never heard it referred to as "boli".

Sounds like a gymrat slang term....and he's from the Dominican, so it was probably UG.

No a real mystery to me.   :P

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

electric d

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »
i googled boli and this is what came up... blah, blah, blah...............

HOLI BOLI! WHAT IS IT?
What is it that Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez had his cousin inject into him?

Most likely is was a product called Dimetabol.

Dimetabol is a mixture of vitamins and the steroid Nandrolone. This mix is very popular because the vitamins are meant to mask the steroid agent. It is also popular because users can say they thought they were taking a vitamin shot if they are ever caught during doping tests.

This particular substance is manufactured by a Mexican veterinary supply company and is intended for use on cattle and horses during periods of stress or after birth to aid recovery and weight gain.

The vitamins in the mix provide the "energy boost" that "A" was referring to.

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid. It works by increasing the growth of certain tissues in the body and has been shown to improve the oxygen-carrying ability of blood by increasing hemoglobin and the size of red blood cells.

So the steroid also will help in the energy and stamina department by aiding in the flow of oxygen while increasing muscle growth.

Nandrolone may cause liver tumors or bloody cysts in the liver and spleen. It also causes a decrease in good cholesterol (HDL) and an increase in bad cholesterol (LDL), seriously increasing the risk of developing hardening of the arteries and heart disease.

Dimetabol very popular drug among Dominican baseball players because it is cheap and readily available.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 09:26:39 PM »
i googled boli and this is what came up... blah, blah, blah...............

HOLI BOLI! WHAT IS IT?
What is it that Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez had his cousin inject into him?

Most likely is was a product called Dimetabol.

Dimetabol is a mixture of vitamins and the steroid Nandrolone. This mix is very popular because the vitamins are meant to mask the steroid agent. It is also popular because users can say they thought they were taking a vitamin shot if they are ever caught during doping tests.

This particular substance is manufactured by a Mexican veterinary supply company and is intended for use on cattle and horses during periods of stress or after birth to aid recovery and weight gain.

The vitamins in the mix provide the "energy boost" that "A" was referring to.

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid. It works by increasing the growth of certain tissues in the body and has been shown to improve the oxygen-carrying ability of blood by increasing hemoglobin and the size of red blood cells.

So the steroid also will help in the energy and stamina department by aiding in the flow of oxygen while increasing muscle growth.

Nandrolone may cause liver tumors or bloody cysts in the liver and spleen. It also causes a decrease in good cholesterol (HDL) and an increase in bad cholesterol (LDL), seriously increasing the risk of developing hardening of the arteries and heart disease.

Dimetabol very popular drug among Dominican baseball players because it is cheap and readily available.

Sounds like a UG product.........mixture as I thought.

Not something I would use, though.

If he was going to use AAS, he should have done something that would have produced some real tangible results.......Tren, Sustanon/Winstrol.

He might have broken Aaron's records before Bonds.

DIV

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 09:30:17 PM »
Sounds like a UG product.........mixture as I thought.

Not something I would use, though.

If he was going to use AAS, he should have done something that would have produced some real tangible results.......Tren, Sustanon/Winstrol.

He might have broken Aaron's records before Bonds.

DIV

Nandrolone produces some pretty effective results.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »
Nandrolone produces some pretty effective results.

The sides would steer me away if I was a professional MLB player.

Coming off Deca is no joke....some of the sides were pretty bad in my experience.

For a baseball player who relies on endurance, the Sustanon/Tren/Winstrol would have provided the best punch and power.

A SS like A-Rod who hit 50 HR would probably hit 65 easy......maybe 80.

He's got a combination of easy swing and power, he doesn't have to load up on a swing like someone like Brian Giles or Barry Bonds.

DIV

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »
The sides would steer me away if I was a professional MLB player.

Coming off Deca is no joke....some of the sides were pretty bad in my experience.

For a baseball player who relies on endurance, the Sustanon/Tren/Winstrol would have provided the best punch and power.

A SS like A-Rod who hit 50 HR would probably hit 65 easy......maybe 80.

He's got a combination of easy swing and power, he doesn't have to load up on a swing like someone like Brian Giles or Barry Bonds.

DIV

You gotta be joking about Tren and endurance?  That shit kills endurance for pretty much everyone who takes it.  A lot of AAS does that, especially test.  Winny does help a little but it's pretty negligible.  When I'm on tren that shit kills me endurance wise, it's a massive hit to it.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 10:39:53 PM »
You gotta be joking about Tren and endurance?  That shit kills endurance for pretty much everyone who takes it.  A lot of AAS does that, especially test.  Winny does help a little but it's pretty negligible.  When I'm on tren that shit kills me endurance wise, it's a massive hit to it.

You didn't pay attention to what I wrote.

The combination of Sustanon/Tren/Winstrol would be perfect for a powerhitting SS over the grind of a MLB season.

I can't speak for you, but Tren never hurt my endurance cardio-wise, if anything the muscular growth only increased my endurance.

I'm not sure about your experience, but Tren cycles only helped my training in all aspects.

DIV

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 10:49:17 PM »

I dont know why an athlete would want to use those... I think tendon strength and integrity would be all important to an athlete - which would make those bad choices.

deca, eq, primo... hgh combined with low dose test would make an athlete perform better and prevent injuries at the same time.

of course they would have to get around a drug test if they were tested.

You're not looking big picture.

These guys have strength and conditioning coaches, so regardless of whatever drugs they use, they can prevent conditioning injuries simply by following their protocols.

These guys have trainers who keep them loose and conditioned (if they choose to follow the advice).

As I said, if I were A-Rod and I was going to use it would be that cycle.....strictly performance related.

Using the weaker anabolics like T-bol/Primo/Anavar would be like kids play compared to a Sustanon/Tren/Winstrol cycle.

T-bol would be like candy on the side........nothing more.

I'm only speaking from experience.......but that cycle did more for me than any other.

Then again, I'm speaking from a strength perspective........and I laugh at people who do supersets using 60% of the weight I use.

The difference between a strength althlete and a bodybuilder.

DIV

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 02:38:28 AM »
there is nothing a strength and conditioning coach can really do to combat that.. or can they?? I dont know.

A good trainer can do alot of things for an athlete.

Stretching is part of that........

You're making huge assumptions about the effects drugs will have on every single person who uses them.

Come on now........if that were true, everyone who megadosed on AAS would look like Greg Kovacs or Dave Palumbo.

The same applies to something like connective tissue, the drugs won't affect people the same way.

People complain all the time about how Winstrol deteriorates and stiffens the connective tissue, but I've used it for years and have never had those issues.

No degenerative issues......

DIV