Author Topic: Pres Obama signs letters to fallen troops' families with just his first name  (Read 978 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
In his first few weeks in office, sometime between celebratory bill signings and phone calls from foreign leaders, President Obama sat in the Oval Office for the most somber task of his presidency - penning letters to families of troops killed in combat.

"This was real, it was personal, it was so important to us," said Thya Merz, whose son Marine Lance Cpl. Julian Brennan was killed Jan. 24 in Afghanistan.

The letter was signed "Barack," Ms. Merz told The Washington Times.

"Not 'president,' just his first name, and it just felt like, OK, my son has been acknowledged," she said.

Mr. Obama personalizes each letter, asking staffers to gather details about the service member, such as their hometown and where they were stationed, a White House aide said. The letters are sent to parents and spouses, and sometimes children of the fallen troops.

http://www.washingtontimes.com

mac7000

• Getbig II
Classy move...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
In his first few weeks in office, sometime between celebratory bill signings and phone calls from foreign leaders, President Obama sat in the Oval Office for the most somber task of his presidency - penning letters to families of troops killed in combat.

"This was real, it was personal, it was so important to us," said Thya Merz, whose son Marine Lance Cpl. Julian Brennan was killed Jan. 24 in Afghanistan.

The letter was signed "Barack," Ms. Merz told The Washington Times.

"Not 'president,' just his first name, and it just felt like, OK, my son has been acknowledged," she said.

Mr. Obama personalizes each letter, asking staffers to gather details about the service member, such as their hometown and where they were stationed, a White House aide said. The letters are sent to parents and spouses, and sometimes children of the fallen troops.

http://www.washingtontimes.com

Unbelievable.  How undignified.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Unbelievable.  How undignified.

Of course.  He should just xerox a Dear John letter to send out to everyone.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Of course.  He should just xerox a Dear John letter to send out to everyone.   ::)

How about signing like professional person?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

How about he did.

As if not a single person on this planet doesn't know who Barack is. 

It is soooooo amusing watch you gnash your teeth and wring your hands at every turn.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How about he did.

As if not a single person on this planet doesn't know who Barack is. 

It is soooooo amusing watch you gnash your teeth and wring your hands at every turn.

The mortgage plan unveiled today has me more upset than this.

More $$$$$$ right down the drain.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

Maybe the president was showing a little forethought & consideration for the families of fallen.
I don't think many of them took it too well when they saw pRresident Bush joking anout WMDs.

Just a thought.
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Maybe a bit too personal but this is just not important compared to everything else going on right now.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Maybe the president was showing a little forethought & consideration for the families of fallen.
I don't think many of them took it too well when they saw pRresident Bush joking anout WMDs.

Just a thought.

Jag, Bush met with tons of families of the Fallen and U'd be hard pressed to find alot of animosity from them. Further u never heard about it like this bullshit stunt. Bush didn't make this crap a media event.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Jag, Bush met with tons of families of the Fallen and U'd be hard pressed to find alot of animosity from them. Further u never heard about it like this bullshit stunt. Bush didn't make this crap a media event.

If I were to get something from the POTUS, I want formal letterhead, official looking document, and a signature bearing the President's name and office. 

That's me though.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I don't want it publicized..period. The left either looks at us as something to be scorned or as something to feel sorry for....I'm sure the sheepdogs never feel sorry for the sheep.
L