Author Topic: Facebook- "We Own Your Personal Details"  (Read 804 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Facebook- "We Own Your Personal Details"
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:20 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Facebook- "We Own Your Personal Details"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:41:03 PM »
isn't that shit written in its own "FML" or facebook markup language?

creepy.  they own you. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:46:17 PM »
Theres some music upload sites that are like that. They can do whatever they want with your tunes and don't have to ask for permisiion.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:56:44 PM »
how can those stupid bitches blame the users and say facebook didn't change the terms.  Of course they did.  Say a photographer had his images on there.  Under the original terms facebook loses ownership of images when he closes his account.  Under the new terms they keep them.  Facebook isn't the first to pull this stunt.  Other sites have done the same declairing copyright to everything you upload.  Technically they could sue you for profiting on works and images that were yours before you uploaded them to Facebook. 

Also, there is a rumor that Facebook is CIA controlled, I don't know about that or if anyone here has more info on that angle.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:07:05 AM »
CIA controlled. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where the hell do you come up with this shit?

They already went back to their old policy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:28:02 AM »
CIA controlled. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where the hell do you come up with this shit?

They already went back to their old policy.
you understand what it means when someone says rumor and leaves it open to others to post if they have information.  Don't come at me like I stated a fact.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:04 AM »
you understand what it means when someone says rumor and leaves it open to others to post if they have information.  Don't come at me like I stated a fact.

Started by a kid in college and purchased by Microsoft. Are you insinuating that the CIA runs Microsoft?  ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:34:39 AM »
The second round of funding into Facebook ($US12.7 million) came from venture capital firm Accel Partners. Its manager James Breyer was formerly chairman of the National Venture Capital Association, and served on the board with Gilman Louie, CEO of In-Q-Tel, a venture capital firm established by the Central Intelligence Agency in 1999. One of the company's key areas of expertise are in "data mining technologies".
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=23350

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 05:35:25 AM »
Started by a kid in college and purchased by Microsoft. Are you insinuating that the CIA runs Microsoft?  ???
I said there was a rumor jackass.  Go look up rumor.  Again, don't come at me like I stated it as fact.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:51 AM »
It is scary I guess, but you hold responsibility as a user how volatile the situation is when signing up, they declare straight away that the TOS may change.

Hugo, logically... which companies exactly would provide funding to Facebook? Fruit farms? Flower shops? Musical equipment suppliers? No... Facebook is simply a data mining project in itself, justified with a useful product and communication system. The very nature of Facebook means the people most interested are in fact data mining corps. and internet/technology sector corps. like Microsoft.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 06:31:59 AM »
It is scary I guess, but you hold responsibility as a user how volatile the situation is when signing up, they declare straight away that the TOS may change.

Hugo, logically... which companies exactly would provide funding to Facebook? Fruit farms? Flower shops? Musical equipment suppliers? No... Facebook is simply a data mining project in itself, justified with a useful product and communication system. The very nature of Facebook means the people most interested are in fact data mining corps. and internet/technology sector corps. like Microsoft.
the rumor is all over the net.  There's a zillion pages and posts on it.  I can't be held in contempt for pointing out there is a rumor ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »
the rumor is all over the net.  There's a zillion pages and posts on it.  I can't be held in contempt for pointing out there is a rumor ::)

Hmm, "held in contempt", why so defensive? :-\ Who said you were?
الاسلام هو شيطانية