Author Topic: Obama never speaks of the individual's fault in obtaining mortgages.  (Read 860 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
it rewards people who made bad decisions. Obama never speaks of the individual's fault in obtaining mortgages.  people lied on their applications and others over-reached.  Gov should have never interfered with making banks loan to people who weren't qualified for loans.  individual lenders should be investigated and charged if fraud is found.  any assistance tax $ should be temporary and paid back.
those of us that played by the rules are contributing to the bailouts of those who didn't (and to unscrupulous bankers and lenders).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama never speaks of the individual's fault in obtaining mortgages.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »
it rewards people who made bad decisions. Obama never speaks of the individual's fault in obtaining mortgages.  people lied on their applications and others over-reached.  Gov should have never interfered with making banks loan to people who weren't qualified for loans.  individual lenders should be investigated and charged if fraud is found.  any assistance tax $ should be temporary and paid back.
those of us that played by the rules are contributing to the bailouts of those who didn't (and to unscrupulous bankers and lenders).

Of course not.  He wants more slaves on the govt plantation that he runs.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:05:15 PM »
Of course not.  He wants more slaves on the govt plantation that he runs.

100% CORRECT!!!!If good old uncle Sam bails me out of every mess,then I will vote democrat forevor.Its not the peoples fault,its those dirty rotten bankers and wall street execs.They are the ones,flying around in their private jets while the fools cant pay their bills.Thats ok,because here is Obama to the rescue.Did you see the aholes at the rally in Florida for his stimulous package?GOVERNMENT GOVERNMENT,GOVERNMENT!They will save you.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:51:14 PM »
Personal responsibility is not in the Lib lexicon.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »
Personal responsibility is not in the Lib lexicon.

Just ask yourself this:

What or who gave the idea to those clowns in Florida the idea that the POTUS could get them more benefits in their private sector job?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:55:33 PM »
Barry the Messiah of course...he'll wash ur balls for u to if u ask nice.
L

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »
Blaming individuals for their own stupid mistakes wouldn't make Obama very popular, would it?  And his popularity is what won him the Presidency after all.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
I put a lot of blame on the greedy lenders too but to deny individual responsibility is ignoring one of the main issues.  It may not be popular...but its getting less popular using our tax dollars to bailout out multiple greedy industries and irresponsible people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »
I put a lot of blame on the greedy lenders too but to deny individual responsibility is ignoring one of the main issues.  It may not be popular...but its getting less popular using our tax dollars to bailout out multiple greedy industries and irresponsible people.

That is why these homes need to go on auction for fair market value to people who can afford them.  Propping up these prices is not good for anyone other than the reckless banks.  Screw the banks!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »
I don't know if I call it greed. They knew this was avery bad idea and yet they strung the damm things out with bizarre loan products and kept passing the buck. Greed is an element by gross incompetence and cowardice is as well.
L

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 03:50:24 PM »
Both the bankers and individuals in the market for a home should've realized that there was a bit of a problem when the average cost of a starter home was over ten times the average salary in a given market(SoFla, Vegas, etc.). 

The culture of house flipping to make a fast buck rather than actually living in a home as they do in Europe and other parts of the world contributed to this as well.  Even those that did not have the intention to leave their home were often forced to as they saw their neighborhoods radically change(I know a cop who bought a $300k+ townhome only to have dozens of Section 8s move right in). 

What is a curse and a detriment to some is a blessing to others.  This is now truly a buyers market for the first time in quite some time.  I just got done buying my house down here, a foreclosure at that.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »
Good for you bro, there are some great deals right now.
Unfortunately, I am trying to sell my house!  I never thought I'd loose money on a new construction!

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »
I own a home in Buffalo, NY(bought for 6 month salary) and in the Philippines(bought for even less).

I rented in the SW broward for quite some time, facing ridicule and insults as I continued to rent a small home while others rushed in to buy(some did make out quite nicely, though).

Banks are giving them away.  I put in an almost ridiculous offer and the bank took it.  I got the place for over $200k less than what it sold for barely a year ago. 

It's about damned time too.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 04:05:59 PM »
You are right near the animal who decapitated his wife right?

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »
I grew up perhaps within 5 miles of Orchard Park, NY.  Very large Muslim communities up there.  Incidentally, my family up there were within 3 miles when the plane hit in Clarence.  I live in florida now, but go up to Western NY once every couple of years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »
I grew up perhaps within 5 miles of Orchard Park, NY.  Very large Muslim communities up there.  Incidentally, my family up there were within 3 miles when the plane hit in Clarence.  I live in florida now, but go up to Western NY once every couple of years.

My sis lives in Syracuse.  Rust belt.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »

JESUS  people ...when are you going to come out of your stupidity on this fake claim of the homeowner being responsible for the mortgage failure.

First off...there was NEVER such a thing as a LIAR'S LOAN...or the government getting involved in people getting loans for homes they could not afford....this was all made up to make the public focus on and be angry with the home owner rather than the banks who were and are ersponsible for all that is happening. The original and beginning of the problem for homeowners was when the banks that originally lent the loans jacked up the interest rates from 5 and 6% to 12 to 20 % leaving the home owner with mortgages that doubled, tripled and even quadruples literally over night. With their incomes unable to keep up with the excruciatingly high mortgage payment they ended up having their homes foreclosed on.

As this situation was expressed on the news with crying families and people being displaced, the former homeowners were informing the masses about the ARM loan trickery and the trouble that was coming to the housing market. Soon the spin machine began making claims that people were just REFUSING to pay their mortgage and abandoning their homes because home values were falling...as opposed to the ARM/BANK trickery. As the situation began to escalate people demanded that something be done about the ARM trickery and the interest rates which were requested to be lowered to the original 5 to 7%. The government refused to get involved despite the collapsing market. After the major damage was being done and the supposed world wide collapse which was being blamed on the real estate situation in america, the financial institution started claiming they were suffering because they were tied into the housing market, then came the banks, then the auto industry then every Tom, Dick and Harry...all but the home owner was being helped. Now wouldn't it have made sense to have helped the home owner when dam began to break and to have avoided all of this trouble in the first place???..thena gain Bush was the president and thinking like that is WAAAAAAY beyond his capacity..

Now america is in a DEPRESSION and countries around the world have economies that have completely collapsed. The monies being slung around now are measured in the tens of TRILLIONS of dollars which is more than the entire economy of the United States and Europe combined. Obama had nothing to do with this and can in no way do anything about it. americans can all thank the jackass george Bush and his cronies for all of this trouble and it after effects. While I am no fan of Obama or any president or political figure in america(they are ALL CORRUPT) I will not hold him responsible for the calamity soon to come to america which WILL put the final nail in the coffin of america.
C