Author Topic: Report: UFC 97 to Stay in Montreal  (Read 641 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Report: UFC 97 to Stay in Montreal
« on: February 18, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »
According to this Canadian radio report (in French) and a couple of emails from sources, UFC 97 is back on in Canada.  They came perilously close to the brink, and when they started moving the show to Vegas the commission caved.

Note:  I do not speak French, but people that do have told me the report confirms the good news.

UPDATE [from Luke Thomas]: More from the FanPosts:

http://www.corussports.com/divers/exclusif_ufc_97-20090218-1423043.html

I'll summarize for those who don't know French:

- Lorenzo Fertita & Marc Ratner met with Richard Renault (RACJ head of combat sports) and Denis Racicot (RACJ president) Tuesday evening before flying to Europe later that night.

- The event will take place as scheduled under the usual UFC rules except for foot stomps being disallowed.

- RACJ will hold a press conference (no details specified) explaining the decision.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Report: UFC 97 to Stay in Montreal
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:27:15 AM »
lorenzo handed someone an envelope with an undisclosed amount of $$$$$$ in it and now everyones happy,and as they say,the show must go on.everyone has a price,money talks loud as hell and gets points across very clearly without even opening ones mouth,lol
R

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Report: UFC 97 to Stay in Montreal
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:49:35 AM »
lorenzo handed someone an envelope with an undisclosed amount of $$$$$$ in it and now everyones happy,and as they say,the show must go on.everyone has a price,money talks loud as hell and gets points across very clearly without even opening ones mouth,lol

Exactly

GSP was named as Canada's athlete of the year, but, now, all of a sudden the sport he competes is illegal.