Author Topic: GOP governors consider turning down stimulus money  (Read 875 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
GOP governors consider turning down stimulus money
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »
they'll talk their trash, then quietly take the checks.

BATON ROUGE, La. – A handful of Republican governors are considering turning down some money from the federal stimulus package, a move opponents say puts conservative ideology ahead of the needs of constituents struggling with record foreclosures and soaring unemployment.

Though none has outright rejected the money available for education, health care and infrastructure, the governors of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alaska, South Carolina and Idaho have all questioned whether the $787 billion bill signed into law this week will even help the economy.

AP

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: GOP governors consider turning down stimulus money
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:33:44 PM »
It would be interesting to see what happens if they do... Let's say they do turn it down.

At least you'll have an idea of whether or not the bill helped individual states... Do those states end up fairing better or worse than those who do accept the stimulus.

It will be interesting to see.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:46 PM »
what would be interesting is if those states where exempt from paying back this thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:37:08 PM »
It would be interesting to see what happens if they do... Let's say they do turn it down.

At least you'll have an idea of whether or not the bill helped individual states... Do those states end up fairing better or worse than those who do accept the stimulus.

It will be interesting to see.

they'll look golden if miraculously, LESS money makes their state stronger.

If they pass on the $, their constituents will not be happy.  Every car crash because of an unfixed road, armed robbery due to desperation, every state employee that gets laid off... they'll have a scapegoat in the guy/girl who declined billions of dollars.

Which is exactly why they'll talk shit and posture, then they'll take the check.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:51:20 PM »
what a load of shit.  I don't like the stimulus as it's done but these fuckers that resided over and pushed for the crap that got us here they have no fucking highground, republicans...  It's making me sick to see these guys acting like they're angels come to rescue us and they had nothing to do with the problems.  gee, lets just take shit into a civil war with this shit ::)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 06:41:16 AM »
The stimulus and administration is not inspiring any confidence and it looks like what they have outlined in the stimulus will not actually stimulate anything but more government spending.  Cutting a budget, not increasing it would likely go a long way.  California is a state that should look to cut spending before taking federal money...like the 8 billion a year spent on illegals.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »
Nice.  They're talking the talk.  Let's see if they actually follow through.  I'd love to see it. 

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »
The governors cannot turn down the fake money. Congress in it's infinite wisdom had made provisions to the bill that will override the Governors that wish to turn down the fake money. What's really bad about this is that what congress did and is doing is unconstitutional.
h

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:18 PM »
The governors cannot turn down the fake money. Congress in it's infinite wisdom had made provisions to the bill that will override the Governors that wish to turn down the fake money. What's really bad about this is that what congress did and is doing is unconstitutional.

Does that mean the 2 of them will go on tv and make a big deal, rejecting the $, KNOWING FULL WELL that they're going to get the cash anyway?

I hope host david gregory is prepared with that info, if they do pull that stunt.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:48 PM »
Does that mean the 2 of them will go on tv and make a big deal, rejecting the $, KNOWING FULL WELL that they're going to get the cash anyway?

I hope host david gregory is prepared with that info, if they do pull that stunt.
he should already know this as im sure the governors are as well...

You think its fair 240 if they could refuse the money to make their state pay back the spending bill?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »
he should already know this as im sure the governors are as well...

You think its fair 240 if they could refuse the money to make their state pay back the spending bill?

we're all playing with funny money.  we assfvck other countries for resources.   the whole media is a lie, isn't it?  is anything fair these days, tony? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 11:34:56 PM »
we're all playing with funny money.  we assfvck other countries for resources.   the whole media is a lie, isn't it?  is anything fair these days, tony? 

I take it you agree that it wouldnt be fair for them to have to pay the spending bill back if they didnt take the money then? You have a nack for not answering when your pushed into a corner, again bro you may not like my views but if im wrong i admit and i dont run from a debate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 03:55:48 AM »
I take it you agree that it wouldnt be fair for them to have to pay the spending bill back if they didnt take the money then? You have a nack for not answering when your pushed into a corner, again bro you may not like my views but if im wrong i admit and i dont run from a debate.

I take it you buy into the fairy tale of everything you see on FOX and msnbc huh?