Author Topic: Rick Santelli's RANT now on youtube!!!  (Read 3918 times)

James

Rick Santelli's RANT now on youtube!!!
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:22:10 AM »
VIDEO: 'The government is promoting bad behavior... do we really want to subsidize the losers' mortgages... This is America! How many of you people want to pay for your neighbor's mortgage? President Obama are you listening? How about we all stop paying our mortgage! It's a moral hazard'... MORE...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Rick Santelli's RANT now on youtube!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »
He will get attacked by the libs for dare speaking the truth.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »
Not sure who this guy is, but I have to agree with him. Unfortunately, the educated, disciplined and successful people are going to have to sit by and watch their money go to subsidizing the moronic, illiterate, lazy, impovershed collective that unfortunately is starting to comprise the majority of the American population. Oh well, it used to be a great country.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »
I'm glad this got posted...it should be goddamm stickied...amazingly there are very few people on this board that want this stimulus as pitched.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 02:07:04 PM »
I'm glad this got posted...it should be goddamm stickied...amazingly there are very few people on this board that want this stimulus as pitched.

The cult members love it and think that are going to get picked up at their door stop by CAT for anew job..

James

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »
He will get attacked by the libs for dare speaking the truth.

yep,

Being on CNBC, ( owned by GE) I bet you wont here much from him for a while.......... :-X

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 05:36:11 PM »
Rick is the man! :) That was fucking awesome! 72,000 views already.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:52:38 PM »
VIDEO: 'The government is promoting bad behavior... do we really want to subsidize the losers' mortgages... This is America! How many of you people want to pay for your neighbor's mortgage? President Obama are you listening? How about we all stop paying our mortgage! It's a moral hazard'... MORE...

I like it. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »
whenever he's on he always tell it like it is

Purge_WTF

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:09:38 AM »
  Good post. I don't even have a friggin' mortgage and now I have to pay for someone else's. Gotta love it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 02:03:39 AM »
oh, those guys have real high ground to talk about "promoting bad behavior"  pot meet kettle if I've ever heard it.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 02:16:24 AM »
oh, those guys have real high ground to talk about "promoting bad behavior"  pot meet kettle if I've ever heard it.

agreed...but santelli's the only honest schmuck on CNBC.

NT

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Gibbs v. Santelli: He Should Read President's Plan
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »
Santelli admitted on Chris Matthews today that he was a McCain supporter.  ::) It's easy to be against something when you don't have any solutions to the problem. When asked what he would do about the foreclosure crisis, Santelli hemmed and hawed.
From my years as a trader on Wall Street, I know the type.

Rick Santelli, the CNBC reporter who went into a certifiable rant against the Obama housing plan Thursday, found himself in the White House bullseye 24-hours later: the object of scorn and humorous derision from the president's press secretary Robert Gibbs.

"I'm not entirely sure where Mr. Santelli lives or in what house he lives," Gibbs said during the daily briefing. "But the American people are struggling every day to meet their mortgage, stay in their jobs, pay their bills to send their kids to school, and to hope that they don't get sick or somebody they care for gets sick that sends them into bankruptcy. I think we left a few months ago the adage that if it was good for a derivatives trader, that it was good for main street. I think the verdict is in on that."

Ouch. But from there it got almost more personal. Gibbs picked up a hard copy of the housing plan from the briefing room lectern and implored Santelli to "download it, hit print and begin to read it." Gibbs added: "I would be more than happy to have him come here and read it. I'd be happy to buy him a cup of coffee, decaf." The press in the room laughed.

The substance of the debate wasn't avoided either. Gibbs, striking an defiant and occasionally emotional tone, insisted that nothing in the president's proposal to keep 9 million people in their homes would help speculators, people trying to flip houses, or those who bought a house they knew they couldn't afford. He added that preventing foreclosures would be beneficial even to those whose mortgage payments were stable, keeping neighborhood property values from spiraling downwards.

The politics of the exchange are as telling as the substance. There are plenty of Republicans who have aired critiques of the Obama housing plan. And the president's communications staff has long insisted that they neither care nor respond to the punditry of people on cable news. So why respond to Santelli? Maybe Gibbs was worked up by the CNBC reporter's widely-aired rant, or maybe it was something more calculated. There are few people less popular today than derivative traders or Wall Street loud-mouths. Choosing Santelli to be the poster child of the opposition is smart politics for the Obama White House, just like making Rush Limbaugh the face of the anti-stimulus movement was during that debate.
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Gibbs v. Santelli: He Should Read President's Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 03:28:45 PM »
Due, you are so owned its not even funny. 

You have no original thoughts, no facts, no substance, nothing.

Gibbs had to respond to the BRUTAL ASS RAPING santelli laid on Zero!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »

Pathetic.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »

Pathetic.

Agreed--it was a canned non-response that consisted of nothing but empty political doublespeak.  LAME-OOOOO.  ANNNNDDDD I'm sure Rick Santelli can buy his own freakin cup of coffee and doesn't need or want Gibbs' charity! So there!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 12:15:02 AM »
agreed...but santelli's the only honest schmuck on CNBC.

NT

Yep.

Most of the CNBC guys weer BEGGING congress to pass the Bush Bailout package.
Cause the money saved companies where their retirement savings were.

They don't care about this stim, since it doesnt effect them.  Their retirement $ is safe now.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:30:25 AM »

Aren't we subsidizing Big Business big time?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 06:06:29 AM »
Which was wrong!

We should not bail anyone out. 

I will use myself as an example.  I own an apartment which I paid a lot down and have a small mortgage left.

I now have a lot of cash on the side and am ready to buy a home.  I wanted to buy a home as far back as 2003-2004 in Westchester, where we live, but the prices to me just did not make sense, let alone the taxes.

Slapper, you know how insane things got in Westchester.

I held off on buying a house even through the mania because to me it just seemed crazy.  The prices got so crazy small little cape cods were going for 799k with 15k in taxes!

If people who got in over their heads are foreclosed on and the prices come back to reality and earth, there are tons of people like myself who are ready to buy at a REAL market price, not a propped up BS price based purely on speculation.

Also, we are not doing these people any favors bailing them out by keeping them in over priced homes forever and ever living in debt prison and slavery.

Being the cynic I am, this whole housing bill is SOLELY a bailout for the local govts who overspend and who want to keep assessments sky high.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 06:16:09 AM »
Friday, February 20th, 2009 at 6:49 pm
Gibbs corrects the record on the President’s housing plan

Today Press Secretary Robert Gibbs was asked during the White House press briefing about criticism of President Obama’s housing plan from some talking heads and Wall Street pundits, who have claimed baselessly that the plan is geared towards helping irresponsible home buyers at the expense of others.

"[T]he American people are struggling every day to meet their mortgage, stay in their job, pay their bills, to send their kids to school, and to hope that they don't get sick or that somebody they care for gets sick and sends them into bankruptcy," said Gibbs. "I think we said a few months ago the adage that if it was good for a derivatives trader that it was good for Main Street.  I think the verdict is in on that."

Gibbs reiterated the President’s explanation of how this plan will help responsible homeowners, who are struggling to make their payments in a tough economy and who have seen their home values plummet, through refinancing and standardized loan modifications. Then he ended any misconceptions:

"Here's what this plan won't do:  It won't help somebody trying to flip a house.  It won't bail out an investor looking to make a quick buck.  It won't help speculators that were betting on a risky market.  And it is not going to help a lender who knowingly made a bad loan.  And it is not going to help -- as the President said in Phoenix, it is not going to help somebody who has long ago known they were in a house they couldn't afford.  That's why the President was very clear in saying this was not going to stop every person's home from being foreclosed."

And just as HUD Secretary Donovan argued in this space this afternoon, Gibbs said Americans need to learn about the plan and see if they can take part: "every American with a mortgage payment should call their lender and see if they can refinance right now."

We have done our best to help homeowners get that information, and Gibbs encouraged everybody who might be able to get help – along with anybody else who wants to learn more about it -- to read the plain-spoken documents posted prominently here over the past few days:
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 06:25:14 AM »
!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 07:18:02 AM »
Obviously anyone who dares question the mighty ebony jesus superman saint Obama and who had the sheer audacity to support ANYONE else for President clearly has no creditbility and can never be taken seriously. If you don't support Obama nothing you say should be heard by anyone ever.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 07:25:15 AM »
ZERO is really pushing people in the wrong direction.  He should expect a push back.  Especially with the holder remarks.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 07:53:06 AM »
Which was wrong!

We should not bail anyone out. 

I will use myself as an example.  I own an apartment which I paid a lot down and have a small mortgage left.

I now have a lot of cash on the side and am ready to buy a home.  I wanted to buy a home as far back as 2003-2004 in Westchester, where we live, but the prices to me just did not make sense, let alone the taxes.

Slapper, you know how insane things got in Westchester.

I held off on buying a house even through the mania because to me it just seemed crazy.  The prices got so crazy small little cape cods were going for 799k with 15k in taxes!

If people who got in over their heads are foreclosed on and the prices come back to reality and earth, there are tons of people like myself who are ready to buy at a REAL market price, not a propped up BS price based purely on speculation.

Also, we are not doing these people any favors bailing them out by keeping them in over priced homes forever and ever living in debt prison and slavery.

Being the cynic I am, this whole housing bill is SOLELY a bailout for the local govts who overspend and who want to keep assessments sky high.

Well then, if that is the case, how come people, meaning the majority of Americans, getting a break on their mortgage (to the tune of < 100 billion) gets similar publicity as the minority that is getting > 800 billion?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 08:19:15 AM »
Well then, if that is the case, how come people, meaning the majority of Americans, getting a break on their mortgage (to the tune of < 100 billion) gets similar publicity as the minority that is getting > 800 billion?

WHAT????